• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers visit the city of Brotherly Love for two: TEX @ PHI 5/3-4

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once we start bringing up our prospects I hope everyone isn't expecting them to hit the ground running. They are going to struggle initially. Almost everyone takes some time getting acclimated to the big leagues. Some take quite awhile. It would be nice to get as much of that acclimation time out if the way before we hope to be serious contenders.

When they do struggle initially that should not be taken as a sire sign that they were not ready.
remember that

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have fodder on the forty. @jta4437 just mentioned some expendable guys in the post above yours.

#fortyfodder
They are not going to DFA Solak, Calhoun Ibanez Culbertson or Miller just yet.
Maybe a couple after the break.

And the guys we want a look see are being seen in AAA. We brought up Huffand Leody too soon and that failed

We have done that historically and it usually did not pan out

So a hard pass for now. Our team is what it is and we need a couple more players and the guys in the minors need to get better while a guy like Reks now gets his chance up here

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in case of injury you mean?
well we would have Garver DHing and Heim catching or vice versa so yes we need to have a backup at catcher or we would have to shift Garver to catcher and the pitchers would have to hit

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no one stunted and no one blocked. The real issue that may hurt is if they platoon Reks and he grows cold in the majors assuming he needs more development working on something

Still I could care less if Solak is gone. Much rather have a seasoned Culbertson than him who does not have to play daily

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to ask yourself who is dominating at the MILB level? Then those guys roster and bring on up

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the guys we want a look see are being seen in AAA. We brought up Huffand Leody too soon and that failed

So a hard pass for now. Our team is what it is and we need a couple more players and the guys in the minors need to get better while a guy like Reks now gets his chance up here
Huff was actually quite successful 2 years ago, but then he got hurt before last year and never got going

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no one stunted and no one blocked. The real issue that may hurt is if they platoon Reks and he grows cold in the majors assuming he needs more development working on something

Still I could care less if Solak is gone. Much rather have a seasoned Culbertson than him who does not have to play daily
It really is going to be a next man up mentality this year, here's your shot, and depending on your youth and ability you might not get another

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huff was actually quite successful 2 years ago, but then he got hurt before last year and never got going
I would like to see him work on his swing and miss. Obviously the power is there. Don’t catchers take a while?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry i was commenting about carrying a 3rd catcher. when both Garver(DH) and Heim(C) are in the lineup and we don't have another catcher on the 26, the option right now is if Heim went down for some reason the only option would be to move Garver to C and that would cost us the DH so the pitcher or pitchers would then have to bat in the DH slot.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry i was commenting about carrying a 3rd catcher. when both Garver(DH) and Heim(C) are in the lineup and we don't have another catcher on the 26, the option right now is if Heim went down for some reason the only option would be to move Garver to C and that would cost us the DH so the pitcher or pitchers would then have to bat in the DH slot.
Call up Huff

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am just saying that when someone is deemed ready to come up there are expendable pieces on the forty, whether it is next week, next month, or three months from now.

Huff did great while he was up here. He failed when he went back down. Besides, Huff was here when he could not play in the minors so it was either let him play here or let him sit idle.

We really don't have too much of a recent history of bringing up really good hitting prospects whether it be early, late, or exactly on time.

If the guys doing well at AAA are still hitting very well in June, we might see one or two before the break. We might see them some time in June if they keep hitting. The only way we would need to coordinate moving a player with a certain time period would be if we thought he had trade value. If we have to move someone before the trade deadline window then we can turn to the Forty Fodder for room.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it's too premature to be bringing guys up, short of an injury to someone.