• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Boston For Three Games August 12-14

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers face another playoff caliber team in the Red Sox. Heaney and Urena are pitching the first 2 games. Wednesday's starter is currently TBD.

The team is a big mess right now. The rotation is struggling. The bullpen is struggling. The offense is struggling like they have for much if this season.

There are a lot of questions to answer this offseason. One of those involves the General Manager, Chris Young. His contract is up ar the end of the year. The fact that he hasn't been reupped already, shows just how bad this team has fallen.

This coming offseason could turn in many directions. It is going to be a wild ride.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers face another playoff caliber team in the Red Sox. Heaney and Urena are pitching the first 2 games. Wednesday's starter is currently TBD.

The team is a big mess right now. The rotation is struggling. The bullpen is struggling. The offense is struggling like they have for much if this season.

There are a lot of questions to answer this offseason. One of those involves the General Manager, Chris Young. His contract is up ar the end of the year. The fact that he hasn't been reupped already, shows just how bad this team has fallen.

This coming offseason could turn in many directions. It is going to be a wild ride.
If there is a problem with CY's contract not being renewed I think it may have more to do with all the money that was spent for players spending large portions of time on the IR.

The offense did score 16 runs in the last 2 games which was good to see.

Heaney pitched (sort of) yesterday.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a problem with CY's contract not being renewed I think it may have more to do with all the money that was spent for players spending large portions of time on the IR.

It looks like CY has a good presence with players and owners from a public relations standpoint

JD I has shown he is pretty good trader as shown even with his time other Tampa

I have to think CY gets a deal
done

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well but if CY gets canned maybe we can take JD back provided he learned pitching development from the Rays

lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well but if CY gets canned maybe we can take JD back provided he learned pitching development from the Rays

lol
Maybe Tom Grieve can come back.

Jon Hart?

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a hunch but I have a feeling that if the Rangers go 1-2 in Boston ( which I expect) or get swept ( certainly possible) that they will quietly turn the page to next season regardless of their place in the division.

I think we will see many Sept call ups, vets hitting the waiver wire, and maybe a couple guys shut down for the season (Scherzer, Gray, Sborz, maybe even Heim). Even Seager and Semien may see reduced play.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jim Bowden:

Nathan Eovaldi #TXRangers update: Dr. Keith Meister called it a low grade oblique strain. His next start will be pushed back to this weekend...also keep in mind if he pitches 156 innings he gets a Player Option at $20 million with $3m in player performances per club source

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Rangers have a Tim Bogar-like rebound at some point, they should finish with a record no better than 7 to 9 other teams in MLB. That means they will be in line for a high draft pick in the first round.

Right now, they have the 8th worst record, but for the draft lottery sake, they will have he 6th worst record slot for the first round. Oakland and the White Sox are both ineligible for top 6 picks in the first round.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assorted injury updates from Bruce Bochy.

— Nathan Eovaldi is being looked at today in Texas, no news as of now: "We think, we're hoping, he just needs a couple of days."

— Max Scherzer is undergoing an MRI today, also back in Texas.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is your pick for worst Rangers GM?
No real choice as I did not pay too much attention to GMs prior to TAG. But bringing up Clyde was criminal although it made even more a fan

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No real choice as I did not pay too much attention to GMs prior to TAG. But bringing up Clyde was criminal although it made even more a fan
I think to me it was Joe Klein for hiring our worst manager, Doug Rader, and trading away Jim Sundberg. I didn't really care for Eddie Robinson either.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hope they don’t renew him. He has made some bad trades in my opinion.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did we get Chaffin. He’s worse then what we already had.
I know Mahle was at 92 pitches but he just struck out 2 hitters. Let him go with 1 more hitter. Nothing like having a BP pitcher who can't throw the ball over the plate.