• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Boston For Three Games August 12-14

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot went wrong that inning

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Chafin the worst deadline pick up of all time? Man he has been awful.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahle looked really good. It is too bad that he wasn't given a chance to finish out the 5th inning. He was on a roll. Going into the offseason, I have no desire at all to spend on starting pitching. In fact, they should take September to get a short look at Teodo, and maaaaaybe give Leiter another look. They need to put all available resources into improving the offense and bullpen. Need to trade Garcia, Taveras, Lowe, ect and look to upgrade via trade.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahle looked really good. It is too bad that he wasn't given a chance to finish out the 5th inning. He was on a roll. Going into the offseason, I have no desire at all to spend on starting pitching. In fact, they should take September to get a short look at Teodo, and maaaaaybe give Leiter another look. They need to put all available resources into improving the offense and bullpen. Need to trade Garcia, Taveras, Lowe, ect and look to upgrade via trade.
That was my feeling earlier.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight, they should have absolutely been sellers at the deadline. That White Sox series came at the worst time possible. It invoked false hope into the front office and led to them squandering a fantastic opportunity to get some serious value from trading away Eovaldi, Yates, Robertson, Lorenzen (Pennington, really?). I hope they learn from this season and go into the offseason with an aggressive but smart gameplan to address this team's biggest needs. The starting rotation should be more than good enough outside of a small depth signing or two, a la Urena.
1B, RF and Catcher need to be addressed offensively, and the bullpen needs at least 4 high quality additions. I'd be fine if one of those was retaining Yates, but he might be out of their price range, so the trade market may be the way to go in order to obtain cost effective, quality pieces.
I do think the Championship should afford CY some grace, and he should get at least one more season as GM. If things go poorly next season, then re-evaluate and consider any changes at that point.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team is trading for Garcia and his 9 million dollar contract. You'd have to be a braindead GM to do that.

He will be a Ranger next year. Unfortunately.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the trade market may be the way to go in order to obtain cost effective, quality pieces.
We have such a poor farm system now that any good trade would cost us someone we need dearly like Teodo, Rocker, Rosario or Walcott. That is why we should have been sellers a couple of weeks ago. We needed more trade chips or more helpful pieces to plug into our own holes. Not selling set us back big time.

I guess if this coming offseason is like the last one we could pick up some short term free agents to trade next July. That is really what should have just taken place.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 3 teams that Bruce Bochy has managed, only the Rangers have a regular season record over .500 with him at the helm. Only one Bruce Bochy managed tram has ever had a season with a winning percentage of .600 or better. In 27 years of managing only 5 of his teams have won as many as 90 games.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much better this team would have been this year had they had a healthy Carter, Jung, Bradford and Sborz all year long.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it was solely CYs decision to buy or sell at the break.
Group decision with owners having the tiebreaker

Maybe they did not want to look like they were bailing so they could fill seats

There are business decisions at play IMO

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it was solely CYs decision to buy or sell at the break.
Group decision with owners having the tiebreaker

Maybe they did not want to look like they were bailing so they could fill seats

There are business decisions at play IMO
The best business decision would have been to sell less seats this year to sell many more later on. Folks have to look at the big picture when making decisions whether it is a small business or a big business. Not doing so is playing a losing game.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Langford looks pull happy. Wish he would try to drive it up the middle more
He has oppo power but not utilizing it

Helms metrics have taken a deep dive. Best framer in baseball last year. Have heard he is at the bottom now. Has not been the same since injured and was rode to the ground last year

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best business decision would have been to sell less seats this year to sell many more later on. Folks have to look at the big picture when making decisions whether it is a small business or a big business. Not doing so is playing a losing game.
I like good baseball decisions. Still try to understand the business side even as no expert.
I think the owners trumped the Rendon signing but did not allow JD to rebuild due to new stadium

Rays sure had a heyday at trade deadline. Point is it is not all GM.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may not have the depth on the farm but if some of the arms do well it will be huge
Maybe Ortiz or Walcott or that TN draft choice does well
Maybe we sign DRob and Yates back too
We have had a lot of things go wrong this year.

Even tonight the ump was squeezing us and cost us an out in extras

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may not have the depth on the farm but if some of the arms do well it will be huge
Maybe Ortiz or Walcott or that TN draft choice does well
Maybe we sign DRob and Yates back too
We have had a lot of things go wrong this year.

Even tonight the ump was squeezing us and cost us an out in extras
I am hoping some of our recent international signings continue to flourish. If that happens our system may turn out to be a little better than some think.

Then there are guys like Dane Acker and Ryan Garcia, that most of those doing the rankings are not considering as being good prospects. Those two guys could break through like Bradford did. Cody wasn't thought of highly by most of them, either. Izack Tiger could be another one of those. Kohl Drake, too.

The surprising think about our system currently is the dearth of hitting prospects. That is the area I hope some of the recent International signings can shore up.