• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Baltimore For Four Games June 27-30

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, the Rangers are in a very bad way. It is hard to see this team winning more than one game against the Orioles, but you never know.

At this point, it appears the Rangers will be sellers when we get to this point of the month, next month. If they do become sellers, one of the biggest trade pieces could be Max Scherzer, but it is hard to see him being healthy enough for another team to want. He is scheduled to start Friday night in this series.

Speaking of injured pitchers, today is the 51st anniversary of the debut of David Clyde. I still vividly remember sitting in a lawn chair in our front yard, listening to that game. It was an exciting night for me as a ten-year-old Rangers fan.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sebastian Walcott is playing very well, right now. I wonder if he gets moved up to Frisco in a few weeks. The kid could be ready for the big leagues at some point in the 2026 season, as a twenty-year-old.

Tepid has this to say about him last night:

"Sebastian Walcott is finishing up the month of June, during which he’s hit .313/.352/.575. He’s gonna be in AA next year as a 19 year-old."

The Rangers will have to seriously consider how they are going to make room for him before long.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been a whole lot of talk about trade scenarios. There are two different kind of trades being discussed and sometimes the lines have been blurred.

There are trades that are attempted just to move players that you decide to move on from. Those guys have differing values. Some are younger veterans who would definitely be tradeable, and some are younger guys who may or may not be tradeable. Lowe and Taveras belong in that first category. Guys like Duran, Wendzel, and Ornelas belong in that second category. Those guys in the second category may have to be DFAed first. Myself, I want to keep the very versatile Duran.

The second category of trades is for team building. In those trades you look to deal from surplus and acquire guys back who nmght be able to help next year or the year after.

Later on, in the offaeason, when we see what free agents will sign here, you start looking at a third category. That category involves trading for a veteran who can help the team in 2025 and beyond.

It is important to remember which category of trade you are discussing when you are discussing trades. If one party on here is discussing trading a guy in one category of trading, while the second party is discussing trading in a different category, it can make for a whole lot of misunderstanding and unnecessary disagreement.

This upcoming deadline is mainly about trading guys whose contracts expire at the end of the year. It might be wise to consider Eovaldi in this category, although that is hard to ascertain right now.

If another team wants to discuss other guys, then I think CY has to be open to that. Say, for example, we could get a great deal on a veteran who has a contract expiring after next season, I think that has to be considered.

One other thing CY has to be open to, is actually making a trade atbtje deadline, that looks like we are buyers, if the trade makes sense.

Let's strive for clear communications when we discuss trades with each other. And remember, if someone disagrees, it is not necessarily a personal thing. At least, it shouldn't be

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic had an article covering 92 players who could be traded. Scherzer, Eovaldi, Lorenzen, Heaney and Yates were the only Rangers mentioned.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic had an article covering 92 players who could be traded. Scherzer, Eovaldi, Lorenzen, Heaney and Yates were the only Rangers mentioned.
Agreed. I don't see a market for Lowe or Tavares. Duran possibly because of his versatility and his arm. But pitching will be the thing.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I don't see a market for Lowe or Tavares. Duran possibly because of his versatility and his arm. But pitching will be the thing.
Unfortunately, I don't think the Rangers have given up on Lowe or Taveras.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There’s probably a baseball data analytics formula that will be used to help figure out when to become a seller.

The team is 7.5 out with one team to jump over in the division. For a wildcard they are 6 out with 3 or 4 teams to jump over.

The question is will this team be able to play meaningful games in September after what happens in the next 3 weeks.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bob Nightengale:

Rough afternoon for Jordan Montgomery, whose day is finished after 2.2 innings and 84 pitches, while serenaded by boos.
He gives up 9 hits and 8 runs (4 earned runs) with 1 walk and 1 strikeout.
He has a 6.03 ERA for the season.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Josh played 1st?
I remember they worked him out there in ST, I believe lat year, but between him and Wendzel, they have 6 innings experience in their professional careers. Lol

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knizner has played some 1B, so I guess he is. That reminds me of reason #75 why Huff is a better backup catcher than Knizner.
That and Smith and Wendzel playing there for about 5 games total cracked me up.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From Bob Nightengale:

Rough afternoon for Jordan Montgomery, whose day is finished after 2.2 innings and 84 pitches, while serenaded by boos.
He gives up 9 hits and 8 runs (4 earned runs) with 1 walk and 1 strikeout.
He has a 6.03 ERA for the season.
Wow that is unreal. I still appreciate what he did for us last year

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three hits in 1st and flop