• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Baltimore For Four Games June 27-30

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic had an article covering 92 players who could be traded. Scherzer, Eovaldi, Lorenzen, Heaney and Yates were the only Rangers mentioned.
hearing that TB is open to trading multiple starters and i think teams interested to obtaining starters will look at them long before they show interest in Scherzer and Eovaldi because the injury issues, etc. Lorenzen, Heaney and Yates wouldn't bring that much relief to another team

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some silver linings to this season:

We will have the chance to make three or four trades that should bring back quality prospects, maybe even a young pitcher to plug into the rotation at some point next season.

We will get another high draft pick in next year's draft that could arrive on the scene a couple of years later.

We should get a better look at younger players in the second half. Bradford should go back into the rotation and Foscue should get a lot of playing time. Maybe CY will even force Bochy to play Huff.

The front office will get a wake up call and maybe it will show them they should do a better job of team building. Their failures in the 2022-2023 offaeason were covered up by an unlikely 40-20 start and a magical run through the postseason last year. Now, they can see their shortcomings a whole lot better.

We are getting a more complete look at some regulars in the lineup that the front office probably had overrated coming into this season.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hearing that TB is open to trading multiple starters and i think teams interested to obtaining starters will look at them long before they show interest in Scherzer and Eovaldi because the injury issues, etc. Lorenzen, Heaney and Yates wouldn't bring that much relief to another team
I think you are right about Scherzer and dead wrong on the rest. We have needed guys like those four before and paid dearly for them. No one ever expected the Rangers not to have any company in the sellers market.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
reports are that Rangers have multiple scouts following the Cubs around and Cody Bellinger
That is quite interesting. So it sounds as if right now the team is keeping its options open. I like Bellinger a lot despite him having a down season. His 271 BA would be 2nd in the team.
Question is would you bat him behind Seager or Garcia? Kinda hard to move Smith.
I would love nothing more to get back into this but just
realistically this team is flat offensively. Our relievers are too inconsistent and the injuries continue to linger.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the upcoming schedule I think we could go 16-21 between now and the AS break. That would put us at 45-51.
I wrote that on June 3. We have gone 8-14 so far, with 15 games to go. I may have been too optimistic.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is quite interesting. So it sounds as if right now the team is keeping its options open. I like Bellinger a lot despite him having a down season. His 271 BA would be 2nd in the team.
Question is would you bat him behind Seager or Garcia? Kinda hard to move Smith.
realistically this team is flat offensively. Our relievers are too inconsistent and the injuries continue to linger.
Yeah, they have to be prepared to be buyers, but all indications are that we will be sellers. I would imagine they are scouting minor leaguers of contenders at the same time.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they have to be prepared to be buyers, but all indications are that we will be sellers. I would imagine they are scouting minor leaguers of contenders at the same time.
i agree with both. they could be sellers and buyers

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Some silver linings to this season:

We will have the chance to make three or four trades that should bring back quality prospects, maybe even a young pitcher to plug into the rotation at some point next season.

We will get another high draft pick in next year's draft that could arrive on the scene a couple of years later.

We should get a better look at younger players in the second half. Bradford should go back into the rotation and Foscue should get a lot of playing time. Maybe CY will even force Bochy to play Huff.

The front office will get a wake up call and maybe it will show them they should do a better job of team building. Their failures in the 2022-2023 offaeason were covered up by an unlikely 40-20 start and a magical run through the postseason last year. Now, they can see their shortcomings a whole lot better.

We are getting a more complete look at some regulars in the lineup that the front office probably had overrated coming into this season.
I have questioned the evaluation of players by this current group. We have discussed those players ad nauseum who have been dead weight. Just stunned the team continues on playing these guys.
The more difficult part is evaluating players like Heim Garcia and Lowe. All three have had 4 full years in the majors and each having one career year. Heim would probably be the player I would less like trade because of the difficulty of finding a quality catcher. Think Heim is a decent catcher who just turned only 29.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly because we are closer to catching the Angels then the Mariners. I feel with the right moves this team can still be a contender next year if things continue to go south this season.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not rush anyone back from injury at this point. Jung, Sborz, Mahle, Carter, Bradford, deGrom, even Rocker. This season will be mercifully ended by the Orioles this weekend.

At that point, EVERY move this club makes should be about 25, 26, and beyond.
In fact, getting swept may be the best thing that could happen.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eovaldi to me would be wanted. He has been available enough to help a team especially in the playoffs.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you would want 3 lefties batting consecutively. If Jung was back I would use him to break up those 3.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an article about Jung's possible return, Semien was interviewed and he said when he came back from a stress fracture in his wrist area, that he never fully recovered until over a year later. We may need to hold off on just how much of a difference Jung will make this year.

I have been afraid of that concerning our three injured starting pitchers since the season began. DeGrom and Mahle may not return to form until next year. Scherzer may never be the same again.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible August rotation:

Degrom
Mahle
Gray
Bradford
Dunning

I do think the Rangers will hold onto either Lorenzen or Heaney, but who knows which one.

The bullpen could be a big mess for the last 2 months. That could lead to Teodo and possibly another minor league starter being brought up for relief.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you would want 3 lefties batting consecutively. If Jung was back I would use him to break up those 3.
the question has to be what legitimate offer could the Rangers offer the Cubs for Bellinger knowing that they aren't going to take Taveras or Lowe?

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible August rotation:

Degrom
Mahle
Gray
Bradford
Dunning

I do think the Rangers will hold onto either Lorenzen or Heaney, but who knows which one.

The bullpen could be a big mess for the last 2 months. That could lead to Teodo and possibly another minor league starter being brought up for relief.
still think Eovaldi will with us after trade deadline

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wrote that on June 3. We have gone 8-14 so far, with 15 games to go. I may have been too optimistic.
For us to stay in this we have take 2 out 3 from Baltimore. 4 out of 6 from SD and Tampa bay. 4 out of 6 from the Angels and Astros.
That would put us at 47-49.
That seems like a feat to steep for this team

Last edited:

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly I would consider Semian Seager Bellinger Garcia Smith Jung Langford Heim Tavares or something similar.
I am also hoping that Tavares is gone but that is wishful thinking.
Maybe Jung is the 4th spot if he is healthy.
This is all contingent if we’re still in this race or Jung is healthy.

Last edited: