• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't an FA any earlier than 2016 ... and at the back end of the contract might be a good DH (LH) fit too. He'll be medium priced but lower risk than that guy in Miami.

agreed, his on again and off again power concerns me, but I think he would look great in the 3rd spot in the lineup

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the game tonite one of the ESPN guys I think it was Buster Olney said the Rangers have been looking at Alex Rios as a possible acquisition before the deadline. He is batting 276 with 11 HR's and 35 RBI's. Interesting name with pretty good numbers

Would really like Rios here. I think a Rios and Peavy combo would be intriguing also

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rios really interests me because he was pretty much a 25-25 guy last year with a .300 plus average and is solid defender, also he is walking more than last year. he's not a Big bat but he's a pretty good one. He's a good overall player in all aspects of his game.. He is on his way to being a 25-25 player this year.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was thinking about Cruz' situation. Pretty clear at this moment that MLB isn't going to engage on Biogenesis actions this season. So who would want to sign a new contract with Cruz with that hanging out there?

Why wouldn't TEX make him a one-year qualifying offer that would bridge him past a suspension year? If he doesn't get suspended he has a job with the only team in a position to give him a qualifying offer. And if he is suspended he's on the Restricted List and wouldn't count against the 40man.

He might turn down TEX qualifying offer ... but that would be suicide because who would offer a multi-year contract when the first year he might be gone for the first 50-100 games?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nobody really, I'm content with the young guys being given a chance for a change

TEX is always in on everyone -- but think JD believes same thing.

May be a bumpy road but committing to the young guys has the greatest upside potential if you have drafted the right guys, effectively developed them and put them in positions where they are challenged but have the best opportunity for success.

Imagine what happens to the win potential when the three rookies have consistent command and control of all their pitches, smooth out the bumps and pitching deeper into the game... and the offense puts up runs consistently too. Even with the bumps and without consistency from this trio (and those who have also started in those spots) and an equally unreliable offense TEX leads the ALW ... albeit due to superior pitching from the bullpen.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEX is always in on everyone -- but think JD believes same thing.

May be a bumpy road but committing to the young guys has the greatest upside potential if you have drafted the right guys, effectively developed them and put them in positions where they are challenged but have the best opportunity for success.

Imagine what happens to the win potential when the three rookies have consistent command and control of all their pitches, smooth out the bumps and pitching deeper into the game... and the offense puts up runs consistently too. Even with the bumps and without consistency from this trio (and those who have also started in those spots) and an equally unreliable offense TEX leads the ALW ... albeit due to superior pitching from the bullpen.

Totally agree its always a huge luxury if you have the ability to give ONE young starting pitcher chance to take his lumps in the ML rotation, right now Texas is making it work with THREE getting a go at it

This will pay HUGE dividends in future seasons, while so far its only hurting the on field product a little... I'm sure if it becomes a big problem later on down the road, moves will be made but for now it working

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Totally agree its always a huge luxury if you have the ability to give ONE young starting pitcher chance to take his lumps in the ML rotation, right now Texas is making it work with THREE getting a go at it

This will pay HUGE dividends in future seasons, while so far its only hurting the on field product a little... I'm sure if it becomes a big problem later on down the road, moves will be made but for now it working

With Ogando now potentially not back until mid July ... TEX position going into the deadline depends on the three rookies. If Perez is able to duplicate consistently his performance against STL and Grimm and Tepesch keep inching up in their starts it will forestall Ogando's premature return and TEX shopping for an addition to the rotation that is no more than a lateral move from the rookies.

Quite likely one or two of them might end up back in the minors to depressurize while working on solving any issues ... and getting back to the rotation. Worked for Perez. This is all good regardless the results the next three weeks until Ogando is potentially ready to return.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Ogando now potentially not back until mid July ... TEX position going into the deadline depends on the three rookies. If Perez is able to duplicate consistently his performance against STL and Grimm and Tepesch keep inching up in their starts it will forestall Ogando's premature return and TEX shopping for an addition to the rotation that is no more than a lateral move from the rookies.

Quite likely one or two of them might end up back in the minors to depressurize while working on solving any issues ... and getting back to the rotation. Worked for Perez. This is all good regardless the results the next three weeks until Ogando is potentially ready to return.

Though it would be nice to get an effective Colby Lewis back so we aren't reliant on 3 rookies at once

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Though it would be nice to get an effective Colby Lewis back so we aren't reliant on 3 rookies at once

Yep. It would. It would nice for both Colby and Ogando to be as healthy and progressing as Soria appears to be. But neither are. Worry that when either or both return that it will be a lateral move from the rookies.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard the name Ricky Nolasco but his high fly ball rate scares me, think he would be better served in a pitchers park

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard the name Ricky Nolasco but his high fly ball rate scares me, think he would be better served in a pitchers park

No way to nolasco. Would rather let the rookies pitch.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nolasco...NNNNOOOOOOOOOOO

peavy and rios :think:

love the young guys but i would really like our chances if we could get a good deal from the sox

rios i would like very much solo, but couldnt hurt to ask about the combo deal

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if they could turn it around....but how cheap would valverde/marmol be???

dont they have 10 days to be traded since they got designated for assignment

pretty sure that wouldnt happen but possibly could be a BP arm if the change of scenery works

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not sure if they could turn it around....but how cheap would valverde/marmol be???

dont they have 10 days to be traded since they got designated for assignment

pretty sure that wouldnt happen but possibly could be a BP arm if the change of scenery works

Why would you want either of them? To do what? Take up developmental innings at Round Rock?

DET kicked the tires on Valverde he didn't even last as long as Derek Lowe.

Could care even less about Marmol ... high numbers and beyond that he wasn't performing in the weaker NL ... so like the last CHC pitcher can't pitch in the AL either.

Trash.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont really want them but if they are being sold at dollar store prices..why not and see if our coaches can sort them out......if not, adios

if they dont accept assignment from tigers/cubs they become FA's i believe?? then somebody can sign them for the league minimum (tigers/cubs will be paying the salary they are owed)

not the worst idea in the world......take a flyer and see how it goes.. it will only cost dropping mccellan off the 40 man roster(i think, i am sure someone can correct me if i am wrong)

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
dont really want them but if they are being sold at dollar store prices..why not and see if our coaches can sort them out......if not, adios

if they dont accept assignment from tigers/cubs they become FA's i believe?? then somebody can sign them for the league minimum (tigers/cubs will be paying the salary they are owed)

not the worst idea in the world......take a flyer and see how it goes.. it will only cost dropping mccellan off the 40 man roster(i think, i am sure someone can correct me if i am wrong)

Will need a 40man spot for Soria when he is activated from the 60day DL too. I wouldn't waste a 40man spot on either Valverde or Marmol. Both are failures and there is far more value and potential already in the TEX system superior to both these has beens.