• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers start an AL West Road Trip with a visit to the Astr*s: TEX @ HOU 5/19-22

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't discount the possibility of trading Perez and then signing him 4 months later.

It's a tough scenario. He could pitch himself into a really strong contract that the Rangers may not match.

Still kinda weird that we're having this conversation about Perez.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough scenario. He could pitch himself into a really strong contract that the Rangers may not match.

It sure is.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we have seen lately some pitchers figure it out late in their career. Whose to say that Perez doesn't have a 2-3 good years left. My problem with him in the past was his mentality. It is a tightrope but we haven't been great for the most part on these types of trades. And it may be that long before some of the guys you mentioned including a prospect figure it out as well because for the most part our pitchers in the minors are struggling. Just have to see how the season plays out.
maybe

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Hearn is in the conversation.

Gray/Dunning/Perez and two prospects is what I'm picturing
not ready to give up on Hearn and having Perez here right now maybe what Taylor needs as a mentor.

i could see Perez being too costly to re-sign if this continues so i still see Gray, Hearn and Dunning for sure next season with probably Winn and (the more i think about it) Otto opening the season as our rotation

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latz, Ragans, and White pitch tonight in the minors.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Rangers will be interested in a two year deal with Kyle Gibson in a few months.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not ready to give up on Hearn and having Perez here right now maybe what Taylor needs as a mentor.

i could see Perez being too costly to re-sign if this continues so i still see Gray, Hearn and Dunning for sure next season with probably Winn and (the more i think about it) Otto opening the season as our rotation
Maybe Perez is very comfortable here at this point in his career. This might be a consideration in resigning him. He is performing way ahead of Gray as of now. Might be nice if the contracts were switched lol although I like both of them

Really impressed by complete game. Team needed that for sure

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Perez is very comfortable here at this point in his career. This might be a consideration in resigning him. He is performing way ahead of Gray as of now. Might be nice if the contracts were switched lol although I like both of them

Strong likelihood he is the P version of Gallo. Goes anywhere else and tanks.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so am i but i don't see us keeping both

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if AA was the right place to start him off

Aren't most of the guys there about his age if not a little older? If so then it is the right place for him you don't want to make him over confident by having him pitch to less experienced players. Besides a chapped spot on his butt will get his attention and make him not want to repeat that... :nod:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, don't discount the possibility of trading(dumping) Gray at some point down the line. Maybe in 6-18 months.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or you can look at it in a different light, is he going to command Kershaw money at his age while pitching better and not being on the DL? (No)...

If he ends up with about a 3.50 ERA or so I'm guessing they'll try to resign him for about 3 years with an incentive laden contract... :think:

Last edited:

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you can look at it in a different light, is he going to command Kershaw money at his age while pitching better and not being on the DL? (No)...

If he ends up with about a 3 ERA or so I'm guessing they'll try to resign him for about 3 years with an incentive laden contract... :think:

Or if they make an offer to lock him up before the end of the season, he might take a "hometown discount"

Lots of ways this could play out, and a great example of how being a GM is a really hard job

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, don't discount the possibility of trading(dumping) Gray at some point down the line. Maybe in 6-18 months.

I think Gray will start to build up and become very solid. He has the tools to be a Lance Lynn like pitcher. He’s playing catch up right now.
I think he finishes the year very strong

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would he suffice as the ace many want them to sign this coming offseason

it might be costly if he continues like he is now
This is something management needs to determine before the trade deadline based on his performance up until then. Kelleyman said something about the fact that Perez may be very comfortable here and I think he is. If Perez is going to demand too much money then they know to trade him.
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". If he is comfortable here and willing to take a reasonable salary it may be worth keeping him.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are going to have to roster him before next season A guy like Allard could be a casualty

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is something management needs to determine before the trade deadline based on his performance up until then. Kelleyman said something about the fact that Perez may be very comfortable here and I think he is. If Perez is going to demand too much money then they know to trade him.
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". If he is comfortable here and willing to take a reasonable salary it may be worth keeping him.
That is why you perhaps get to the break to see how it is going and then decide if you can extend him. If not then trade him

Yes we need to start keeping our good guys
Do not need a bidding war if possible