• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Play Three Games in San Diego July 28-30

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers embark on their final series before the trade deadline.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The attention shifts to the Rangers being interested in Cardinals' relief pitcher Jordan Hicks.

Jordan Hicks has an ERA this year of 3.67 which is a little lower than his career ERA of 3.98.

41.2 IP
39 H
59 SO
24 W

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't imagine the cost of Hicks should be very high. Not sure if that is the direction the Rangers should go in though.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The attention shifts to the Rangers being interested in Cardinals' relief pitcher Jordan Hicks.

Jordan Hicks has an ERA this year of 3.67 which is a little lower than his career ERA of 3.98.

41.2 IP
39 H
59 SO
24 W
Another target. The Rangers are assertive in their pursues

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't imagine the cost of Hicks should be very high. Not sure if that is the direction the Rangers should go in though.
Don’t know enough about him to say yes or no but he’s another reliever/closer along with Bednar and Lange we’re tied to

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Acosta and Pollard for Hicks.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think bullpen is an obvious glaring need at the deadline, I’m honestly wondering if getting at least 1 starting pitcher should not be the bigger priority. I just feel like our rotation is currently teetering on the edge of disaster.

We’re ok for now, but the situation seems precarious at best. Our best starter, and frankly the only one we have I’d feel comfortable starting in a playoff game, is experiencing arm fatigue and decreased velocity and is having starts skipped. Not ideal. And Dane Dunning is our #2. Also not ideal. He’s been fantastic for the most part, but not exactly a sure thing in a playoff matchup against a legit team.

Then you’ve got Gray, Heaney, Bradford, and Perez. That’s 4 question marks for various reasons. We have just about reached the point where we can’t have one more injury or decrease in performance before we’re in major trouble. If we don’t acquire another starter and we’re forced to put Otto or White into the rotation, things could go south in a hurry.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Acosta and Pollard for Hicks.
Appears we are being held hostage. Everyone knows what we need and time is growing short. Pay up or walk.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think bullpen is an obvious glaring need at the deadline, I’m honestly wondering if getting at least 1 starting pitcher should not be the bigger priority. I just feel like our rotation is currently teetering on the edge of disaster.

We’re ok for now, but the situation seems precarious at best. Our best starter, and frankly the only one we have I’d feel comfortable starting in a playoff game, is experiencing arm fatigue and decreased velocity and is having starts skipped. Not ideal. And Dane Dunning is our #2. Also not ideal. He’s been fantastic for the most part, but not exactly a sure thing in a playoff matchup against a legit team.

Then you’ve got Gray, Heaney, Bradford, and Perez. That’s 4 question marks for various reasons. We have just about reached the point where we can’t have one more injury or decrease in performance before we’re in major trouble. If we don’t acquire another starter and we’re forced to put Otto or White into the rotation, things could go south in a hurry.
Nice summary.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do we have too many question marks to think one addition will suffice, though?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we’re tied to at least 4 teams looking to trade for starters from Mets(Verlander) to (Detroit)Rodriguez to Cubs(Stroman) to Padres(Snell)

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears we are being held hostage. Everyone knows what we need and time is growing short. Pay up or walk.

Don't think we're unique in our needs. Like every other trade deadline, there are multiple teams who all need the same thing. the smart GMs who have pieces to sell are working the phones.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have too many question marks to think one addition will suffice, though?
Hard to say. To your point, ideally we could use 2 starters. But we might not wind up needing any if we get really lucky. Or we could end up needing 4 if a wildfire of injuries breaks out. Who knows?

Acquiring just one starter might not suffice, but I do know it would at least give us a much needed insurance policy against one injury/breakdown happening.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think we're unique in our needs. Like every other trade deadline, there are multiple teams who all need the same thing. the smart GMs who have pieces to sell are working the phones.
Yes I'm sure you are correct but shorter the time, higher the price.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

41.2 IP
39 H
59 SO
24 W
Not surprised. Maddux knows him better than anybody.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we need another starter just to protect the club and not burn the pen
I am good with Hicks/Flaherty.
Of course wonder the cost but rentals should not make us give up players earmarked for our club. Hate to give up good pitching

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed a 1 year 1.9M contract for 2023 so how much is he looking for that’s preventing a deal?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we need another starter just to protect the club and not burn the pen
I am good with Hicks/Flaherty.
Of course wonder the cost but rentals should not make us give up players earmarked for our club. Hate to give up good pitching
I think the Rangers looking as a reliever not as a starter