• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers look to shake off a frustrating homestand: TEX @ CLE 6/6-8

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW!!!

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Maddon. He was the golden child and yes a revolutionary as far as motivating and connecting with players at Tampa but time has told the FO has deserved a lot is true credit during his tenure

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
must have lost the clubhouse. that's an overreaction otherwise.
Maybe or
perhaps they were looking for the right moment. The talent they have had minus relief pitching has made them underachievers
Could be both

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Maddon over Woodward in a heartbeat.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
General consensus from Angels fans on Reddit is that their FO/Ownership is the problem, a much bigger one.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was not impressed how he handled pen in Chicago. Kimbrel in particular

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
must have lost the clubhouse. that's an overreaction otherwise.
I thought the guy was some kind of genius at Tampa Bay but Tampa Bay does what Tampa Bay does every year even after he left. I realized what an absolute idiot of a manager he was in the world series while managing the Cubs. The Cubs won but his moves with the BP were some of the worst I had ever seen. Even Andrew Miller and Aroldis Chapman were upset with how they were used in the series.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Maddon over Woodward in a heartbeat.
I am on the fence about that one. I think Woodward has done more with what he has than Maddon did with the talent he has in California.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, if I had not been following mock drafts and the write ups about each player last year, I wouldn't have known to want Leiter over about 500 other guys. Because I did read up on guys and looked at the mocks I had an idea about who we should take. The same is true this year.

Do the guys who put those things together know it all? No, of course not. Do they know a lot more than any of us do? You better believe it. Now some of them judge things differently than others, and some develop a bias that is based on giving a lot more weight to certain factors than others.

I do think if you read up on the draft prospects and look at how various publications and individuals have them ranked, you can develop some ideas about how you want the draft to develop for your favorite team. That is especially the case in the early part of the first round. Every source may not agree on how they should be ranked or on how they will be drafted. You can, however, expect that almost all of the top 5 to 8 picks will be from a pool of about 10 to 15 guys that you can come up with from a consensus.

I would imagine Jones, Johnson, Parada, Lee, and Green will be taken in the first 8 to 10 picks. Without the mocks and the accompanying write ups I wouldn't even be able to name one guy that will be taken that high.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far we have heard the Mgr and FO is the problem but no mention of the players.
Good point. Share the responsibility

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far we have heard the Mgr and FO is the problem but no mention of the players.
That is always the case. Someone has to be the fall guy. I do know in the world series with the Cubs that Chapman pitched 2 2/3 innings in game 5. Then with the Cubs ahead 7-2 he had Chapman another 1 1/3 innings. Chapman was brought back out in the 8th of game 7 and gave up a game tying HR. The guy was gassed. Chapman was so ticked off on how he was used. I remember following this and thinking what an absolute idiot of a manger.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, if I had not been following mock drafts and the write ups about each player last year, I wouldn't have known to want Leiter over about 500 other guys. Because I did read up on guys and looked at the mocks I had an idea about who we should take. The same is true this year.

Do the guys who put those things together know it all? No, of course not. Do they know a lot more than any of us do? You better believe it. Now some of them judge things differently than others, and some develop a bias that is based on giving a lot more weight to certain factors than others.

I do think if you read up on the draft prospects and look at how various publications and individuals have them ranked, you can develop some ideas about how you want the draft to develop for your favorite team. That is especially the case in the early part of the first round. Every source may not agree on how they should be ranked or on how they will be drafted. You can, however, expect that almost all of the top 5 to 8 picks will be from a pool of about 10 to 15 guys that you can come up with from a consensus.

I would imagine Jones, Johnson, Parada, Lee, and Green will be taken in the first 8 to 10 picks. Without the mocks and the accompanying write ups I wouldn't even be able to name one guy that will be taken that high.

Oh, I'm not saying there's not any work put into it. There's a ton of information to pore over and evaluate and examine. All I'm saying is, the rankings don't affect anything when it comes to what actually happens in the draft. It's a good way to figure out who you prefer your team ends up drafting, but the team drafts who they draft based on their own information and research and evaluation. For me personally, I prefer to see who gets drafted, and then read about what they bring to the organization.