• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers look to shake off a frustrating homestand: TEX @ CLE 6/6-8

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to podcast with Tepid and there is some uncertainty about Crim and even Foscue topping off at AAA even as Solak has

Maybe it is a lack of faith as they have performed well at every level so far.
Thinking there will be some promotions too. Some guys have nothing else to prove at their level
Those are the same guys who were shocked that Anderson Tejeda didn't become a really good player. The same can probably be said about how they have felt about Taveras.

I will trust those who have ranked Foscue really high the last couple of years. I will also believe Blaine Crim can't hit at a given level when he gets to a level that he fails at.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll wait and see what the lineups and performances look like in 2023-2025 before I’m certain lol
I don’t blame the Rangers for having a mindset of plenty talent is better than just enough.
Plenty is great, but spreading the plenty out is a great thing too. Spending on one outfielder, like Suzuki, and one infielder would have seemed like a better way to spend plenty to me.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty is great, but spreading the plenty out is a great thing too. Spending on one outfielder, like Suzuki, and one infielder would have seemed like a better way to spend plenty to me.
Either way is tons better than not spending at all though.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are the same guys who were shocked that Anderson Tejeda didn't become a really good player. The same can probably be said about how they have felt about Taveras.

I will trust those who have ranked Foscue really high the last couple of years. I will also believe Blaine Crim can't hit at a given level when he gets to a level that he fails at.

I feel the same

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a quote from an Athletic article that might explain some of our minor league pitching woes.

"The club staffer noted that some pitchers who normally didn’t have control problems newly appeared to.

“A big issue we ran into with a few of our guys, guys who never had issues with walks or command or feel or anything like that, basically as soon as you get sweaty the ball would just get slippery,” the staffer said.

It’s not just the actual ball with a gripping agent applied that has thrown players for a loop. The fact that they are participating in an experiment does not sit well with some. Both pitchers, as well as one player agent, volunteered the same term: “guinea pigs.”

Other rule changes are also ongoing in the minors, including tight enforcement of the pitch clock, which one pitcher noted can have some interplay with the ball.

“When we first started getting the new balls, you could doctor them on the spot how you wanted to if you just rub them up, or if you swipe the grass with your hand and then rub them up for 10 seconds. But the pitch clock didn’t allow for that,” one of the pitchers said, describing attempts to remove some of the grip from the ball."

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Law thinks Rocker could climb back into the top 10 if he continues pitching like he did in his first outing.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No strong opinion on my part. I do tend to be more optimistic until I see something that prompts me otherwise. For example I am done with Solak L. Defense matters too unless a DH

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other front… we are no longer in a tie for 2nd place. Somehow the Halos got a win