• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers in a good spot?

Grapesoda2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How do you guys feel about the Rangers chances? Scherzer has never lost against the Rangers 6-0 right? but i think Fister doesn't do well in this ballpark...... Our starting pitching is a big question mark. I'm feeling worse then i should. I think we match up better with milwaukee or st. louis, the question is can we get there?

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is going to be a game 6 in a best of 7 series, you want 2 things: To be the team with a 3-2 lead, and be playing at home. So yes, the Rangers are in a good place.

The only real question is: Which Derek Holland shows up on Saturday night? No one, not even Derek himself, knows the answer to that question.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you guys feel about the Rangers chances? Scherzer has never lost against the Rangers 6-0 right? but i think Fister doesn't do well in this ballpark...... Our starting pitching is a big question mark. I'm feeling worse then i should. I think we match up better with milwaukee or st. louis, the question is can we get there?

Holland can have a good start. The same question goes to scherzer too. Which scherzer are they going to see?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am confident that tomorrow will be the end of the series

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm very confident in our hitting and I think they knock Scherzer out early. If they get 6 or 7 innings out of Holland we win. He has got to keep the ball down and throw strikes with his breaking ball. I think Wash will only make one trip to the mound.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2377d1316709157-ron-washington-smilie-wash.gif

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland can have a good start. The same question goes to scherzer too. Which scherzer are they going to see?

I like our chances (Detroit Fan and extreme optimist). Scherzer for instance seems to pitch well under pressure and Fister is just Fister (Damn good thing to be). I am not going to gaurantee, I just like our chances. This has been a good exciting series so far.

Right now, I really hate your team, but if you beat us, I be rooting for the Rangers all the way. Good Luck Tomorrow

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our chances (Detroit Fan and extreme optimist). Scherzer for instance seems to pitch well under pressure and Fister is just Fister (Damn good thing to be). I am not going to gaurantee, I just like our chances. This has been a good exciting series so far.

Right now, I really hate your team, but if you beat us, I be rooting for the Rangers all the way. Good Luck Tomorrow

I am just wondering a few things out loud.

1. How does Scherzer have such an awful ERA? 4.43 with a 1.35 WHIP with his stuff in an extreme pitchers park is really not very good. I don't know how you can be "confident" with that in the Rangers park. He is going to just get annihilated tomorrow because he really isn't that good.

2. Did you ever see Fister pitch before he came over to the Tigers? OMG, that dude is AWFUL. Smoke and mirrors dude. Smoke and mirrors. I know he had a great year, at least after he went to Detroit but man, before a couple of days ago I had NEVER seen him pitch even a remotely decent game.

But good luck, NOT!

Grapesoda2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not exactly true Ginger, I watch the Seattle games and i remember Fister giving us fits in Safeco and getting shelled in Arlington. I'm hoping if it comes to a game 7 that we hit Fister hard. I'm confident we will and in regard to Scherzer, His record all time against the Rangers is 6-0. Hes never been given a loss by us. So i'm legitimately concerned because anything can and does happen in a game 7. All the rules and advantages go out the window.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. How does Scherzer have such an awful ERA? 4.43 with a 1.35 WHIP with his stuff in an extreme pitchers park is really not very good. I don't know how you can be "confident" with that in the Rangers park. He is going to just get annihilated tomorrow because he really isn't that good.

2. Did you ever see Fister pitch before he came over to the Tigers? OMG, that dude is AWFUL. Smoke and mirrors dude. Smoke and mirrors. I know he had a great year, at least after he went to Detroit but man, before a couple of days ago I had NEVER seen him pitch even a remotely decent game.

But good luck, NOT!

Doug Fister has been pretty good but Sherzer when he's locating his stuff he's good. but he's been average to slightly about average overall. Holland has been the better pitcher than scherzer he had a 2.7 WAR while Holland had 3.6 WAR so he's been better but holland is great when on. This will be a interesting matchup indeed.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But good luck, NOT!

Some of that may have been because he was pitching for Seattle and knowing every time he took the mound it was going to be a long day with no offense. The last time King Felix pitched here in Arlington he looked whipped by the third inning. It has to wear on them. Can you imagine Hernandez pitching every 5th day with an offense like the Rangers behind him? His stats would comparable to Verlanders.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction for todays game.

Holland 7ip 3er 3bb 7k's

Rangers win 5-3.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're in a good spot today, but if we lose, I don't like the spot we're in going to game 7. You don't let a team come back from a 3-1 deficit and expect to have any momentum. That completely overrides playing at home.