• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Hosting Houston Astros AUG. 3-5

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just didn't seem like he was 100% when he got back to me, and his timing seemed really off.

But this is what most of us seem to think his best course of action is and would have been. Now, the guy has missed 100's of AB this season, and more/more by the day.

Send him down now and let him get his game back, and if nothing else, he could be a trade chip come the off-season.

His timing was probably off as would be normal after missing a long time, as far as being rushed in that sense he probably should've been given more time on rehab to get it back but we needed a LFer b/c Hamilton didn't return until June 30th and Rua on the 19th, but Rua only went 4-27 in his time before Hamilton came back and thus became an afterthought when Hamilton returned... even before because they shifted Gallo over to LF when Beltre returned

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think JD goes after Nathan again now that he is hurt again. He can be had on the cheap. We will stash him away until he is able to pitch again after the break next season sometime.

I would love to see the team go out and sign 2 of the top 4 bullpen pieces available this winter, but something tells me they will fill out the pen on the cheap again. Same thing at catcher. Then next July we will have to pay a big price for bullpen help if we are close to being in contention.

I think JD has no choice but try and add a couple bullpen arms as a priority, as far as catchers go only a couple guys even bear mentioning at this point... Wieters is intriguing but it really depends on the price, Avila might be a slightly cheaper and less effective option... because as is usually the case, good catchers without many issues don't make it to free agency

Alex Avila (29)
Chris Iannetta (33)
John Jaso (32)
George Kottaras (32)
Jose Molina (41)
Dioner Navarro (32)
Brayan Pena (34)
A.J. Pierzynski (39)
Matt Wieters (30)

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. Mantle had bad knees and had to wait for others to write the record books and some will wait a long time. Wille was in that class

Don't ya hate it? Damn..........

Best-of-the-best shouldn't subject themselves to such indignities. Kills a little in us admirers in the process too.

Yaz went out the way I'd hoped. That SS for the O's too.....what was his name? hahahaha

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels are behind 2-1. Hard to believe with an Angels loss and a Ranger W, we would only be 2 back from the top WC spot.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lineup tonight:

DDJ CF
Strausborger RF
Prince DH
AB 3B
Big Mitch 1B
Elvis SS
Rua LF
Rosey 2B
Gimmy C

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lineup tonight:

DDJ CF
Strausborger RF
Prince DH
AB 3B
Big Mitch 1B
Elvis SS
Rua LF
Rosey 2B
Gimmy C

Going full almost full RH lineup with Kazmir on the mound... I get Strasbourger and Rua, but Odor is actually hitting LHPs pretty well and far better than Rosales, for a numbers guy like Banister he doesn't always seem to look at them

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going full almost full RH lineup with Kazmir on the mound... I get Strasbourger and Rua, but Odor is actually hitting LHPs pretty well and far better than Rosales, for a numbers guy like Banister he doesn't always seem to look at them

Roogie is 1-9 w/ 3 K's against Kazmir, Rosey is 7-22 with a HR mixed in. Maybe BannyRooster looked at those numbers. :suds:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lineup tonight:

DDJ CF
Strausborger RF
Prince DH
AB 3B
Big Mitch 1B
Elvis SS
Rua LF
Rosey 2B
Gimmy C

I hate it. I knew I was going to be pissed at the line-up tonight. This a very important game. We either pick up 1 or 3 on them. I hate that he's basically throwing in the towel. Strausborger as the 2 hitter? Why not Rua, who has some experience? This guy hasn't hit minor league pitching.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it. I knew I was going to be pissed at the line-up tonight. This a very important game. We either pick up 1 or 3 on them. I hate that he's basically throwing in the towel. Strausborger as the 2 hitter? Why not Rua, who has some experience? This guy hasn't hit minor league pitching.

my primary concern is the birthday boy on the mound tonight.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roogie is 1-9 w/ 3 K's against Kazmir, Rosey is 7-22 with a HR mixed in. Maybe BannyRooster looked at those numbers. :suds:

That rationale has been used multiple times this year, and Rosales has failed just about everytime, but his gambles in the lineup have been paying off lately... except when Rosales is involved it seems... I've never really liked the rationale that a hitter has had success in small sample sizes against a pitcher as reason to play him, people get lucky.... sometimes twice

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would rather see Odor #2, LHH or not, and then Strasbourger and Rua somewhere 6-8 with Andrus

I don't agree that he's throwing in the towel, Choo is awful against LHPs and Hamilton's not very good, it makes sense that they're being played but not where he's playing them in the lineup

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to get real lucky tonight with that lineup , better hope Kazmir has an unusually bad night. Rangers will likely score 2 or less. Im hoping for a FG

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always something positive to look for such as getting to bed early. This lineup will turn your bed back and leave the light on

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to get real lucky tonight with that lineup , better hope Kazmir has an unusually bad night. Rangers will likely score 2 or less. Im hoping for a FG

Still don't see what the big deal is.... once again I only see the issue with Odor not being in the 2 hole

Calling up a RHed bat (Strasbourger) and having one on the bench that everyone bitches about not playing means it only makes sense that they play

Strasbourger has spent most of his time hitting in the #2 spot in the minors actually

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't see what the big deal is.... once again I only see the issue with Odor not being in the 2 hole

Calling up a RHed bat (Strasbourger) and having one on the bench that everyone bitches about not playing means it only makes sense that they play

Strasbourger has spent most of his time hitting in the #2 spot in the minors actually

I don't think the score would be much different with the regulars in there. I get the RH'er options as well, though I don't care for seeing Rosales in any lineup, but thats just me. I just would prefer seeing some of the guys that have faced Kaz in the past, in the lineup, regardless of success or not in SSS. I just feel they have a better chance if they have faced him more often, than guys that dont ever see him much.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the score would be much different with the regulars in there. I get the RH'er options as well, though I don't care for seeing Rosales in any lineup, but thats just me. I just would prefer seeing some of the guys that have faced Kaz in the past, in the lineup, regardless of success or not in SSS. I just feel they have a better chance if they have faced him more often, than guys that dont ever see him much.

Rosales has the 4th most PA's against Kazmir after Beltre, Andrus, and Choo. So Banister is doing what you want by sticking him in there. Now, sitting Choo and Hamilton in favor of RH bats goes against that, especially since Hambone has had success.