• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Athletics For Four Games August 15-18

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fourth one is definitely the least direct link. I just think he is responsible for the developmental staff in place. The other three are plenty big enough though. In fact, at first, I didn't include the last one.

Right, I get you. What I mean is, the development of Leiter involves a lot of variables, not the least of which is Leiter himself.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have to disagree very significantly on this one. I think outside of budget parameters the ownership was hands off in which players we went after. I think they in no way forced JD to do those things I listed.

If I felt the way you did, I think I would give up on following the team until ownership sold the team. Even then, the next group could do the same thing
Not the specific but the money and the impetus that it is now time to spend

JD buffered alot

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, I get you. What I mean is, the development of Leiter involves a lot of variables, not the least of which is Leiter himself.
Yes, but it is Leiter, Winn, Vanasco, Roby, Alexy, and Bradford. All were considered in our top 10 or so pitching prospects.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the specific but the money and the impetus that it is now time to spend

JD buffered alot
But the things I mentioned were not about the money. They had lots of options on how to spend the Semien money. JD chose, or signed off on CY choosing, to sign Semien. The draft picks and the trade were not about money at all.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am ownership, Seager has disappointed a lot and Msrcus mostly too. Kole, Gray, Garver. Lots of the pitching prospects. Been a rough year and that is what cost Woodward and JD their jobs ultimately, I think. Many other things over the years you can look back on, for Daniels but this year while everyone thought it was still a rebuilding year was supposed to be significantly better than it has in Davis' mind whether realistic or not

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the things I mentioned were not about the money. They had lots of options on how to spend the Semien money. JD chose, or signed off on CY choosing, to sign Semien. The draft picks and the trade were not about money at all.
You are missing the big point I made
1 The owners gave limited control on what he wanted to do due to budgetary issues
2 JD buffered the owners

Not excusing player development or saying JD should have stayed. I think as president I was fine but ultimately CY was going to take over baseball operations

We did mint have a good year and I did not like the woody hire for now. He is too loose IMO

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me stare the obvious

CY is a baseball game. JD is not. With that comes a certain skill set. JD was a general manager as good as his people were and some of the good ones he lost. He tried to bring in good analysis guys but that did not work

CY if he has good people skill which to me he has an advantage over JF in assertiveness should do ok. But success does not happen overnight

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me stare the obvious

CY is a baseball game. JD is not. With that comes a certain skill set. JD was a general manager as good as his people were and some of the good ones he lost. He tried to bring in good analysis guys but that did not work

CY if he has good people skill which to me he has an advantage over JF in assertiveness should do ok. But success does not happen overnight

I've read that three times and I'm still not sure what it is you're saying.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing the big point I made
1 The owners gave limited control on what he wanted to do due to budgetary issues
2 JD buffered the owners

Not excusing player development or saying JD should have stayed. I think as president I was fine but ultimately CY was going to take over baseball operations

We did mint have a good year and I did not like the woody hire for now. He is too loose IMO
That is because I am blaming him for things that either happened after the budget restrictions were lifted or had nothing to do with budgets. I am saying even if there were major budget restrictions the 4 or 5 years prior to last year, there are other things to judge him on.

You and I both could blame the owners for this budget restrictions that ended a year ago. The things I listed are things that happened since those restrictions were lifted.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowe bomb produces 3RBI

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially with a 290 batting average.

Jonah starting to pick it back up too. It is however against Oakland but I think both Lowe and Heim's bats play for now. If needing to upgrade a couple years down the road you always can. Lowe is actually looking like the best hitter on the team this year

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is definitely a lot to like about Dunning even though his control can be kinda inconsistent.
I can see him settling in and becoming a 3.75 ERA type guy.
Right now, in the 5 games since he came back from his ankle injury, he has an ERA of just under 3.00. So, I tend to agree with you.