• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers head to CLE for what is sure to be a thrilling 3 game set: 8/24-26

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Rank Standings listed at the bottom.

Hearn/Howard/Dunning will be your pitching statistic accumulators at the start. Hearn looks to continue stretching out as he auditions for the 2022 rotation. Dunning looks to bounce back after a less than stellar start the last time out. Howard looks to provide a glimpse into whatever the FO was thinking by bringing him over.

On the offensive side, Curtis Terry returns to strike out a few times while other dudes are out with Covid, and hopefully someone remembered to teach Yonny how to run the bases. El Bombi needs to spend a game on El Benchi, and DJ Peters looks to continue looking crazy out in CF.

Prediction: 1-2

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hearn/Howard/Dunning will be your pitching statistic accumulators at the start. Hearn looks to continue stretching out as he auditions for the 2022 rotation. Dunning looks to bounce back after a less than stellar start the last time out. Howard looks to provide a glimpse into whatever the FO was thinking by bringing him over.

On the offensive side, Curtis Terry returns to strike out a few times while other dudes are out with Covid, and hopefully someone remembered to teach Yonny how to run the bases. El Bombi needs to spend a game on El Benchi, and DJ Peters looks to continue looking crazy out in CF.

Trial by elimination. Verdict will be in soon.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought we would have a chance at catching Arizona so maybe Baltimore will find a little something down the stretch and we can catch them. Those 4 games in Baltimore a month from now will be huge.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh my. Stark Realization has set in….nothing re coaching or FO?

September is on its way with possible additions and subtractions IMO

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought we would have a chance at catching Arizona so maybe Baltimore will find a little something down the stretch and we can catch them. Those 4 games in Baltimore a month from now will be huge.
If we land at 3 that would be a plus pick and would feel we didn’t do a Bogar

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then there was this to lead off today's prospect report from Baseball America.

(Rangers) — The Rangers got Walker, an outfielder who grew up in Texas and was selected by Chicago in the second round of the 2018 draft out of Oklahoma, from the White Sox in the deal that brought outfielder Nomar Mazara to Chicago. Walker has shown plenty of flashes of his potential as a pro, including Monday night, when he slammed two home runs for his first multi-homer game of the season

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dustin Harris and Blaine Crimm will be joining Jung and Foscue as the core 4 by 2022-2023
All of a sudden we have 2 legitimate 1B prospects.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year has brought its share of developmental disappointments like injuries to Carter, Huff, Jung, Wendzel, Foscue, Cody, Seise and Cole White, but there has sure been some very pleasant surprises. First, some of the injured have returned and fared very well. Then there are guys like Crim, Harris, Pozo, Bradford, and Kent who have "unexpectedly" had excellent seasons. There are also guys like Winn, Weems and Alexy who have continued to get better.

One guy who could do a lot to give me an even better feeling about our system is Sam Huff. He really needs to finish strong.

Reactions: DTC

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still keeping my eye on Bubba Thompson. He is a slow build with intangibles due to athleticism. Still leads Frisco in a few statistics
Love to see him take off but he is still on the map. Have to eat a little crow on Ibanez. He is better than expected although certainly not a guarantee for the future

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"With the financial flexibility we have moving into the offseason, I expect us to be very active in the free agent market, targeting players who fit kind of our next few years and what we’re trying to accomplish,” Young said.

[Related: 2021-22 MLB Free Agent List]
The mention of “financial flexibility” is something of an understatement. The only two guaranteed salaries on the Rangers’ books for the 2022 season are those of Jose Leclerc ($4.75MM) and the aforementioned Arihara ($2.6MM). Looking solely at guaranteed contracts can be misleading when gauging a team’s payroll at times, as many clubs have large arbitration crops that will inflate that number further, but that’s not the case in Texas. Only Mike Foltynewicz, Isiah Kiner-Falefa, Matt Bush, Ronald Guzman and Willie Calhoun are up for arbitration this winter. Foltynewicz and Bush are non-tender candidates. Kiner-Falefa will be getting a raise on a $2MM salary. Guzman and Calhoun are first-time players whose platform seasons have been disrupted by serious injuries; neither will be costly.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still keeping my eye on Bubba Thompson. He is a slow build with intangibles due to athleticism. Still leads Frisco in a few statistics
Love to see him take off but he is still on the map. Have to eat a little crow on Ibanez. He is better than expected although certainly not a guarantee for the future
Ibanez is definitely a bench candidate for a contending team and those will be needed too.

I have always felt better about Bubba than Taveras, but that is more telling about my doubts regarding Taveras than anything else. I am hoping either Carter or one of our many MIF prospects turns out to be our longterm answer in CF.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many future superstars and not enough spots what will we do? what will we do?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we land at 3 that would be a plus pick and would feel we didn’t do a Bogar
Drafting third looks like a very safe bet and second is definitely in reach but Arizona is in a very tough division

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A really good problem to have
If we had that problem. A lot of MLB players methinks but superstars galore. Not yet although hoping big jumps continue at the upper levels. Reminded of Mike Olt

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting third looks like a very safe bet and second is definitely in reach but Arizona is in a very tough division
We can always hope. It isn't over until it is over.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had that problem. A lot of MLB players methinks but superstars galore. Not yet although hoping big jumps continue at the upper levels. Reminded of Mike Olt
You definitely cannot count on superstars. That is what the free agent market can provide, hopefully.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many future superstars and not enough spots what will we do? what will we do?
You are joking right, if not apologies
Everyone loved our farm but we are hoping for too 19 MLB talent