• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Road trip concludes with a visit to an old friend: TEX @ OAK 5/26-29

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foscue is not far behind at .919
Ornelas at .852 isn’t terrible considering he doesn’t seem to have that raw power, but he’s hitting .345 with a .382 OBP. Not bad for a guy that just turned 22. A lot of guys are about to be drafted in the first couple of rounds around that age because they’re hitting .345 in college. This guys doing it in AA. I like Ornelas
I was just waiting until Foscue gets some more at bats before putting him on the leader board.

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just waiting until Foscue gets some more at bats before putting him on the leader board.

Make sense, he’s a tad behind the others in AB.
We have some very talented looking guys knocking on the door.

Pitching side is worrying me a little bit, but glad to see some of the guys in the majors pitching well. Wonder if we draft a lot of pitchers this year after the first round?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sense, he’s a tad behind the others in AB.
We have some very talented looking guys knocking on the door.

Pitching side is worrying me a little bit, but glad to see some of the guys in the majors pitching well. Wonder if we draft a lot of pitchers this year after the first round?
I hope not until after we draft Melendez. Lol

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it works out, I may get to watch the Rangers play in Detroit in the middle of June. That is the plan anyway. Looking forward to getting to experience my grandchildren in Michigan going to their first Rangers game.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would’ve been cool to get the sweep in Oakland. It would’ve been the rangers first 4 game sweep in Oakland since the 1970’s.

Defense was so incredibly terrible today. Very frustrating.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would’ve been cool to get the sweep in Oakland. It would’ve been the rangers first 4 game sweep in Oakland since the 1970’s.

Defense was so incredibly terrible today. Very frustrating.

Only 5 teams have committed more errors than the Rangers have this year...

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 5 teams have committed more errors than the Rangers have this year...
It is good to have guys that are flexible within positions and we have platforms galore
Bet this approach leads to more errors but perhaps more hits. A guy like Ibanez is not good defensively anyways but no excuse for Semien weaned on Wash

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is good to have guys that are flexible within positions and we have platforms galore
Bet this approach leads to more errors but perhaps more hits. A guy like Ibanez is not good defensively anyways but no excuse for Semien weaned on Wash
Having flexible people is nice and probably does lead to more errors at times, but as of now ...

Team leaders in errors: Seager 6, Culberson 6, Semien 5, Ibanez 4 and Lowe 3...

Semien has been in top 10 of errors committed 3 times and was the league leader in 2015. I don't really look at that as bad considering where he normally plays and his range, he touches balls most guys couldn't get to and picks up errors that way :noidea:

All time error kings were Herman Long 1889 and Billy Shindle 1890, both had 122 errors in those seasons. But I imagine that errors were scored differently back then, or at least you would hope so :D

EDIT: Almost forgot all of the other teams that have more errors than the Rangers have worse records...