• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers back out on the road, first stop is Motor City: TEX @ DET 6/16-19

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't played any OF in the Minors so if he stays with the club it will be at 3rd and fill in for Semian/Seager days off. I doubt they would try to teach him OF while with the club, would more than likely get sent down if they want him to learn...

He seems to have the speed but he's only played a few games in OF in the Minors so the jury is out on his routes and arm...

Haven't seen any status on Jung in quite sometime but I doubt we see him at all with the club this year...
Jung may not be ready for 3B until Openong Day of next year. Whenever Jung is ready, Smith and Duran will most likely be OF starters. If that is this year it would require some time in the minors for Duran. If it doesn't happen this year then they may be able to get by with Duran learning in the offseason.

I do think the Rangers are at fault for not getting Duran some experience in the OF while he was in the minors. That was very shortsighted of them.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Taveras can hit MLB pitching.
It took him well over 2000 plate appearances to be able to hit minor league pitching well. I wish they would have traded him while he still had some trade value. In a few more weeks up here he will not have any trade value.

Last edited:

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't agree they won't send him down but according to his minor league stats Durn has not played any outfield
If he is to play LF then have to think he gets sent down for reps however foolish that may be.

I am keeping a lookout where Josh Smith is playing at for RR

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took him well over 2000 plate appearances to be able to hit minor league pitching well. I wish they would have traded him while he still had some trade value. In a few more weeks up here he will not have any trade value.
Could be true. But never thought Leury Garcia would have so much value. I would like to see Smith in CF but want to see his arm
JUng may be 1B which may mess up Harris or Crim but yes. Hope to see more guys uo after the break. Can have a more informed opinion then

Do you think JUng has a better arm at 3B than Duran. I have not seen his defense but it has been described as adequate

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duran staying at 3B is not out of the question. Not sure I would call it probable at all though
But have to keep options open

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is to play LF then have to think he gets sent down for reps however foolish that may be.

I am keeping a lookout where Josh Smith is playing at for RR
Appears to me some of these guys will never get here.Seems like an overload of prospects unless trades are in order. White and Garcia likely have to go if all prospects find a home at the top. Just a possible thought.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears to me some of these guys will never get here.Seems like an overload of prospects unless trades are in order. White and Garcia likely have to go if all prospects find a home at the top. Just a possible thought.
Never thought about it but Garcia could be traded. I kind of like him though as he seems to like the big moments
Assuming White is headed to 60 day IL.
Yes a
Lot of competition for spots
Injuries happen too
Last thought. CF is wide open for the taking IMO and if it isn’t we may pick up some one

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought about it but Garcia could be traded. I kind of like him though as he seems to like the big moments
Assuming White is headed to 60 day IL.
Yes a
Lot of competition for spots
Injuries happen too
Last thought. CF is wide open for the taking IMO and if it isn’t we may pick up some one
Leody can play CF but his hitting may eliminate him. His trade value is limited too. Just lots of questions. Not everyone will come up this yr but more in 2023 will certainly make room for answers.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather trade Lowe and his stupid face before El Bombi.
Lowe is on thin ice. Just a matter of time. 1B is one position that will be needed for a prospect. (Jung example)

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duran staying at 3B is not out of the question. Not sure I would call it probable at all though
But have to keep options open

I think Duran stays at 3b the rest of the year. Josh Smith LF/CF and sometimes 2B/SS when Seager or Semien gets the day off or DH.

I do think Duran will work in the outfield during the off-season because I believe Jung will be the starting 3B in 2023.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Duran stays at 3b the rest of the year. Josh Smith LF/CF and sometimes 2B/SS when Seager or Semien gets the day off or DH.

I do think Duran will work in the outfield during the off-season because I believe Jung will be the starting 3B in 2023.
Could be true but they have had Smith at 3B for 2 games so far for RR. This makes me think Josh comes back to play 3B. Not saying I agree but this is what it looks like

Reactions: DTC

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be true but they have had Smith at 3B for 2 games so far for RR. This makes me think Josh comes back to play 3B. Not saying I agree but this is what it looks like
Decisions Decisions. Wait til Jung gets here. Later Crim etc. Huff could play 1B and bring in a back up catcher and trade Lowe. All kinds of options.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't agree they won't send him down but according to his minor league stats Durn has not played any outfield
I heard he has been taking reps in the outfield while he’s been up with the Rangers.