• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers back at the Grill for a set against the Halos: LAA @ TEX 6/12-15

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
June 15 Baseball America Prospect Report
Termarr Johnson , SS , Pirates: The 2022 No. 4 overall pick on Wednesday had his best day as a pro, collecting his first four-hit game and finishing a triple shy of the cycle in Low-A Bradenton's win over Fort Myers. Johnson hit his fourth homer of the season, a solo shot, doubled twice, walked twice and drove in four.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not in favor of trading for Ohtani, but what do you guys think it would take if CY was determined to trade for him and he becomes available to trade for?

I am thinking maybe Carter, White and another couple of top 15 prospects.
Too much way too much. He’s a free agent at the end of the season go for it then

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope Porter and Rocker make it worth passing on Termarr Johnson and whoever else we could have taken in the 4th round.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not in favor of trading for Ohtani, but what do you guys think it would take if CY was determined to trade for him and he becomes available to trade for?

I am thinking maybe Carter, White and another couple of top 15 prospects.
I am not against trading for Ohtani but would like to sign him to a contract extension. We are talking about a quality pitcher and hitter. This is Ruthian.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not against trading for Ohtani but would like to sign him to a contract extension. We are talking about a quality pitcher and hitter. This is Ruthian.
So what do you think it would cost us to land him without the extension, because I don't think he will do that?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you think it would cost us to land him without the extension, because I don't think he will do that?
What it would take to trade for him would be astronomical and too much. The best way to get him is still during the offseason

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No extension then I wouldn't do it. With one no prospect is untouchable in the minors. Many position players are blocked because of who we have at the MLB level and too many pitching prospects never pan out. Those at the MLB level would be off limits.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No extension then I wouldn't do it. With one no prospect is untouchable in the minors. Many position players are blocked because of who we have at the MLB level and too many pitching prospects never pan out. Those at the MLB level would be off limits.
Yeah, those trades with extensions just don't happen very often at all any longer. That is why I wouldn't do it.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it would take to trade for him would be astronomical and too much. The best way to get him is still during the offseason
Yeah, I think I know just about everyone's answer if I had asked the question, "should we do it or not." My question was, "what would it take if CY were determined to make the trade."

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are seven guys to keep an eye on for our second pick in next month's draft, in the fourth round.

Jake Brown LHP Suphur (LA)
James Ellwanger RHP, Magnolia West (TX)
Luke McNeillie RHP, Milton (GA)
Jack Mahoney RHP, South Carolina
Cole Miller RHP Newbury Park (CA)
Grant Forrester 1B, Oregon State
Quinn Mathews LHP, Stanford

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing with Ohtani is: to trade for him means to send one of the largest packages ever in return. even if he was willing to agree to an extension, it would take most likely the largest contract ever issued in MLB.

I imagine it would take at least Duran and Dunning, and at least 4 prospects (2 hitters and 2 pitchers). at minimum.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those have hit close to 300 during the season. Grossman can’t hit 240. Those players you mentioned are also good defensively Grossman not. And I see that you conveniently left out Grossman not having a hit this series either.
if i failed to mention him it was by accident and nothing more. if there are better options on the team i would openly support him being relegated to the far end of bench along with Miller but there aren't. Jankowski is a journeyman bench player who has never been much of a bat more a defensive substitute. i like Smith but he is a defensive liability in LF and his overall season at the plate is not good (.211). Duran is the best of the bunch, and he is being used to the full extent. i agree with Saddles that maybe we can trade for a real LF with pop in their bat but until we do we are stuck with Bochy using Grossman 4 or 5 games a week whether we like it or not. of course, you could go talk to Bochy and tell him personally that you don't want Grossman to play and that you want him relegated to the far end of the bench.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing with Ohtani is: to trade for him means to send one of the largest packages ever in return. even if he was willing to agree to an extension, it would take most likely the largest contract ever issued in MLB.

I imagine it would take at least Duran and Dunning, and at least 4 prospects (2 hitters and 2 pitchers). at minimum.
and he could end up like deGrom. Injuries have to be considered when such cost is at risk. Not in favor. We are doing fine without him.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i failed to mention him it was by accident and nothing more. if there are better options on the team i would openly support him being relegated to the far end of bench along with Miller but there aren't. Jankowski is a journeyman bench player who has never been much of a bat more a defensive substitute. i like Smith but he is a defensive liability in LF and his overall season at the plate is not good (.211). Duran is the best of the bunch, and he is being used to the full extent. i agree with Saddles that maybe we can trade for a real LF with pop in their bat but until we do we are stuck with Bochy using Grossman 4 or 5 games a week whether we like it or not. of course, you could go talk to Bochy and tell him personally that you don't want Grossman to play and that you want him relegated to the far end of the bench.
If Grossman plays let him DH
Smith and obviously Janks are better defensively
At this point I think Smith may get better offensively as well. How pressure is handled I don’t know and RG for a bit last night but one AB too late

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he could end up like deGrom. Injuries have to be considered when such cost is at risk. Not in favor. We are doing fine without him.

it's a tempting scenario.

Semien-Seager-Ohtani gives the Rangers the best top of the order in the game, no question.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think I know just about everyone's answer if I had asked the question, "should we do it or not." My question was, "what would it take if CY were determined to make the trade."
Someone mentioned Duran, Otto plus 3, 4 or 5 top 15 prospects and that’s too much even if he signed a 4 or 5 year extension. Personally I don’t think even that would convince the Angels to trade him to us

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a tempting scenario.

Semien-Seager-Ohtani gives the Rangers the best top of the order in the game, no question.
It is tempting to see him behind Semien 2B, Seager SS with Lowe 1B, Garcia RF, Jung 3B, Heim C, Duran LF and Taveras CF

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Grossman plays let him DH
Smith and obviously Janks are better defensively
At this point I think Smith may get better offensively as well. How pressure is handled I don’t know and RG for a bit last night but one AB too late
Where would you play Duran if you played RG at DH? I’m assuming LF but where do you play Smith and/or Jankowski then?