• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers at Angels 6/20-6/22

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thanks for your bit of history. I am sure he established the drag. His speed was unheard of at that time. We could have a good conversation on those years.

Sorry about not knowing that. His speed was unheard of but I believe no one has still been clocked faster going to first after a full swing. One other interesting fact is that I believe it was in 2 different seasons he was on base more than he was not. Now that is crazy.

The DH really was created so fans could still see aging players like Mays and Aaron. At least that is what I remember. Not sure if a Mantle was ever a DH or not.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My oldest son said now is the perfect time to trade Beltre but that us too much of a gut kick to the clubhouse. I think that would be a disaster. Even if we are out of it at the deadline I really hate to get rid of guys like Rios and Soria because I want us to be full strength next year and to replace them may cost more.
We don't have a closer if Soria goes and Rios is the best bat we have now. Really hope we stand pat for now and see what happens. This is no time to make mistakes.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about not knowing that. His speed was unheard of but I believe no one has still been clocked faster going to first after a full swing. One other interesting fact is that I believe it was in 2 different seasons he was on base more than he was not. Now that is crazy.

The DH really was created so fans could still see aging players like Mays and Aaron. At least that is what I remember. Not sure if a Mantle was ever a DH or not.
He was never a DH. His legs failed him keeping him from setting records. Googled him today . Lots of good stuff for the young guys to explore. Hope they do.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like reading all of you guys' stories about players that were before my time.

Indeed. .. would like to see more of it. Maybe we could set up a special thread for it

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My oldest son said now is the perfect time to trade Beltre but that us too much of a gut kick to the clubhouse. I think that would be a disaster. Even if we are out of it at the deadline I really hate to get rid of guys like Rios and Soria because I want us to be full strength next year and to replace them may cost more.

I hope we don't trade Beltre. I would listen to offers for EA (which won't be good enough), Soria (even though I like him), and right now I think we have to keep Rios. The only one out of those I absolutely do not want to entertain is AB. The offers would have to be really good for any of those to be moved. It would be really hard to turn down a SP at this point though. I think we have to acquire at least 2 SP's one way or another before next year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we don't trade Beltre. I would listen to offers for EA (which won't be good enough), Soria (even though I like him), and right now I think we have to keep Rios. The only one out of those I absolutely do not want to entertain is AB. The offers would have to be really good for any of those to be moved. It would be really hard to turn down a SP at this point though. I think we have to acquire at least 2 SP's one way or another before next year.
Agree on 2 SP. Without them it will be another long season.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's too many threads already IMO. Why can't we just talk about everything baseball in 1 thread?
We have a Shooting The Breeze thread.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is really tough to get 2 SP's from anyone now a days and of course they would be minor league pitchers with an upside. It is a tough call.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a Shooting The Breeze thread.

I stink at bouncing around to different threads. So I probably would not even notice something going on another one.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we are sellers we have to be really hard nosed about it. Where we truly do not feel like we need to make a deal but if some team keeps adding to the pot and is in desperation mode then maybe we feed of off that. Otherwise we walk.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stink at bouncing around to different threads. So I probably would not even notice something going on another one.

All you have to do is click on the blue texas rangers near the top. I still think it gets old.

it says sports forums>MLB forums>MLB-AL>texas rangers.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you get down on our bullpen, just remind yourself that at least we don't have Frieri....

...wonder what position the Angels will be shopping for next month????

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's too many threads already IMO. Why can't we just talk about everything baseball in 1 thread?

Haha... I agree but I can think one person that might take issue with it. It does sort of separate the conversation s well though. Things are easier to find. Usually I like to post on game threads though because people check them more often than others.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking more along the lines of 1 FA, 1 through trade, and not necessarily at the deadline.
Yep, there's no way we get a quality SP from a contender at the trade deadline...we would get prospects. We have to listen, maybe someone out there will offer up a Texeira type trade, although don't think we have anybody currently available, even Beltre (because of his age), that could generate a haul like that was...

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have a closer if Soria goes and Rios is the best bat we have now. Really hope we stand pat for now and see what happens. This is no time to make mistakes.
We have to be careful not to damage our team for next year....if we get healthy we will have a solid team in 2015, that is unless we gut our veterans this year by trading them away...I'm most in favor of entertaining offers for EA, because I've been impressed with the youngsters Odor and Sardinas. If we can ever find out if Profar is legit, then we have the pieces to replace EA. Honestly, I have not been overly impressed with EA's play this year or last, and feel we could afford to lose him over Rios and Soria right now...unfortunately I don't how much value EA has lost with his "meh" play this year...

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to be careful not to damage our team for next year....if we get healthy we will have a solid team in 2015, that is unless we gut our veterans this year by trading them away...I'm most in favor of entertaining offers for EA, because I've been impressed with the youngsters Odor and Sardinas. If we can ever find out if Profar is legit, then we have the pieces to replace EA. Honestly, I have not been overly impressed with EA's play this year or last, and feel we could afford to lose him over Rios and Soria right now...unfortunately I don't how much value EA has lost with his "meh" play this year...

:agree:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you get down on our bullpen, just remind yourself that at least we don't have Frieri....

...wonder what position the Angels will be shopping for next month????

I heard on the radio today that they're interested in Price. Not sure if it's true or if they have the pieces that TB will command. TB will fleece them one way or another.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenta Maeda is another FA to keep our eye on. He's a 26 year old Japanese pitcher. His ERA has been under 2.46 since 2010.