• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers at Angels 6/20-6/22

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should get a copy of that uploaded, I would enjoy seeing it.
We don't live close and he is particular about even me handling it. Stays under glass.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like reading all of you guys' stories about players that were before my time.

It's one of the few advantages of getting older allows us.

So thank you very much.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

For sure, there is now way I could dislike a team more. Like I have posted before it was the Yankees but not any more.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one of the few advantages of getting older allows us.

So thank you very much.

For sure. Saw the Yankees in 1961 in DC and 1967 in Fenway and they lost both times. Could not have been happier.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. Saw the Yankees in 1961 in DC and 1967 in Fenway and they lost both times. Could not have been happier.
Help me out Wasting. I believe Mantle introduced the drag bunt due to his speed and a switch hitter.

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JonHeymanCBS: unlucky rangers (902 DL days) hang tough, but reality hurts. theyre getting trade calls about stars. Pennant or purple heart? Unlucky Rangers may have to confront reality - CBSSports.com

There is a good read in here.

Good story. The reality of our predicament is that the AL West is most likely out of reach. However, considering our schedule during the second half, I would say a Wild Card run is still possible. We would definitely need to go get a pitcher at the deadline, but if we get to the All Star game a few games above .500, i would say that we have a chance

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good story. The reality of our predicament is that the AL West is most likely out of reach. However, considering our schedule during the second half, I would say a Wild Card run is still possible. We would definitely need to go get a pitcher at the deadline, but if we get to the All Star game a few games above .500, i would say that we have a chance
I'm afraid the starting pitching we get at the deadline is Derek Holland. I found it intresting that we just offered Morales 3Mil for his services. We couldn't do better than that, if true?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help me out Wasting. I believe Mantle introduced the drag bunt due to his speed and a switch hitter.

Sorry, I was off doing something. He was timed in a full swing from home to first in 3.1 seconds. I don't think that has ever been topped. Many do not realize he played his entire career with a torn ACL. He tripped over a drain pipe in his first year out in the OF. Yeah, a drain pipe in the OF.

HA! Losing my mind. Not sure if he introduced the drag bunt but with the speed he had that could be very possible. Good question. It was what made me think of his speed in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid the starting pitching we get at the deadline is Derek Holland. I found it intresting that we just offered Morales 3Mil for his services. We couldn't do better than that, if true?

Yeah, that is kind of insult. Why waste your time and his with that offer.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I was off doing something. He was timed in a full swing from home to first in 3.1 seconds. I don't think that has ever been topped. Many do not realize he played his entire career with a torn ACL. He tripped over a drain pipe in his first year out in the OF. Yeah, a drain pipe in the OF.

HA! Losing my mind. Not sure if he introduced the drag bunt but with the speed he had that could be very possible. Good question. It was what made me think of his speed in the first place.
Well thanks for your bit of history. I am sure he established the drag. His speed was unheard of at that time. We could have a good conversation on those years.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My oldest son said now is the perfect time to trade Beltre but that us too much of a gut kick to the clubhouse. I think that would be a disaster. Even if we are out of it at the deadline I really hate to get rid of guys like Rios and Soria because I want us to be full strength next year and to replace them may cost more.