• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Angelic visit to La La land 7/18-7/20

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe these guys got swept by the Angels.
Believe it. We are not very good. We have a 1 1/2 man rotation right now. JD will have to do something as pitching is the key. Glad I missed the game and disappointed in Perez. Everyone playing us right now will be smelling the blood in the water.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Fielder really was hurt the entire season which I am not so sure about then first why did he not for the sake of the team say something and if he did or Ranger management know why was not something done about it sooner. Having him around until 2020 is about as bad as some of the things we have kicked the Angels in the butt about.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Fielder really was hurt the entire season which I am not so sure about then first why did he not for the sake of the team say something and if he did or Ranger management know why was not something done about it sooner. Having him around until 2020 is about as bad as some of the things we have kicked the Angels in the butt about.

good questions

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin is an adequate 4 or 5 when on but Teen has not lived up to billing as a 3 and we have gotten NOTHING out of 5 which shows our lack of AAA depth. We prob did not think we needed much with Yu coming back but with Dutch and Colby down it has come back to bite.
Thing is despite early QS by SP they were not pitching deep which taxed pen. So we have gone reverse circle. Thinking pen would be strength to cursing pen to not blaming pen and praising SP to dumpster fire to who knows what happens in this trade scenario

FWIIW I think our offense will be ok. We have Maz who will develop and Durch out of lineup. We have Gsllo waiting in the wings as future 1B. He may not be more than an Adam Dunn #5 hitter but this team could still use that. If he becomes an AS they is a bonus. He is getting walks galore so how can you develop if they won't pitch to you. At some point he has to get better while at the MLB level. Just means we can't expect him to be on fire from the get go

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He knew. Fuck him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knew. Fuck him.
Of course he did. You see injuries of some kind daily and having had neck surgery it's not hard to believe he knew. He has hurt this team and that defines his character to me. Away with him and I don't think this is all the story. If you and I know he knew then some others did too.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he did. You see injuries of some kind daily and having had neck surgery it's not hard to believe he knew. He has hurt this team and that defines his character to me. Away with him and I don't think this is all the story. If you and I know he knew then some others did too.

Ya know, this is a perfect example of addition by subtraction though. But I agree with y'all about PF and I say, "the hell with him."

Now Banister and JD can cease with all the "we've gotta get Prince going" nonsense. Plus, if Choo's leg problems persist then he'll be a much better option at DH than Fielder was to begin with.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, this is a perfect example of addition by subtraction though. But I agree with y'all about PF and I say, "the hell with him."

Now Banister and JD can cease with all the "we've gotta get Prince going" nonsense. Plus, if Choo's leg problems persist then he'll be a much better option at DH than Fielder was to begin with.
That is a question that came to my mind as far as Banister forgetting about Fielder. For now yes, but will the circus start back up next year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, good to see we added so much power with the call-ups for Fielder and Choo wasn't it?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, two neck surgeries in 3 years may just doom him to the retirement plan.

Hate to say this, but let's hope so. Guaranteed he's going to do his damndest to not leave obscene amounts of money on the table.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say this, but let's hope so. Guaranteed he's going to do his damndest to not leave obscene amounts of money on the table.

I agree with ya. But I don't know what the "re-coup" insurance plan is. You know?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with ya. But I don't know what the "re-coup" insurance plan is. You know?

I dont, but I know if he retired he leaves tens of millions of dollars on the table.