• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers and Orioles Battle in the ALCS in a Best of Five Matchup October 7-13

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the way this game is changing. We need a great inning from Eovaldi and then the offense needs to put up a couple of runs. Let's get the momentum back.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the way this game is changing. We need a great inning from Eovaldi and then the offense needs to put up a couple of runs. Let's get the momentum back.
That is half of it. Let's go offense.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can list plenty of instances when Bochy took a bad situation and made it infinitely worse. That’s the problem. Early in the season, he repeatedly went to King late in close games. That blew up. Putting Speas into a high-pressure situation in his first appearance against the Dodgers. Pitching Chapman on back to back nights as the closer when he has a lifetime history of melting down in that situation.

And the icing on the cake was INTENTIONALLY WALKING the tying run on to base in extra innings with 2 outs against Arizona in order to bring the winning run to the plate. He lost that game for them with the most incomprehensible move ever.

I never said his options this year were good. They weren’t. But plenty of times Bochy’s head-scratching actions led directly to losses.
I was beside myself on the intentional walk as well. Let me know when he has done something right in your eyes.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you, Nathaniel!!! Happy for you, son.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Other than that mistake to Lowe, Gibson is breezing. Hyde probably wishes he started him.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was beside myself on the intentional walk as well. Let me know when he has done something right in your eyes.
Not sure why this board is suddenly acting as if Bochy’s handling of the bullpen hasn’t been a major problem all year long. Going to the ALCS automatically erases all of his preventable gaffes?

I will remind you that in every one of those instances, Bochy was called out board-wide as the move was being made, not after the fact. I will also remind you that his moves have been openly questioned by the likes of Nadel, Newberg, Sandler, and Grant- all typical Rangers homers.

I never said every last decision Bochy has made has been wrong. But his multiple mistakes have been of the preventable variety. Remember, this was the EXACT complaint Giants fans had about him.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely do, just like they needed one when Wash was in charge and they were going to back to back World Series. Eventually their bad decisions will come back to bite you. Right now, talent is winning out and Bochy is staying out of the way. Half of being a good manager is just not doing something completely stupid.
I don't agree. Bochy's won three championships and has us on the edge of the ALCS. You don't pull that off if you're not a great manager.