• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers and Orioles Battle in the ALCS in a Best of Five Matchup October 7-13

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking this too last night. Has to be effecting him. Plus he’s got a face only his mother could love.
God bless them but he comes across like one who was a bit of a Mommas boy and probably very close to her emotionally
Not saying this is a bad thing but it can definitely affect

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve already been in a couple of “discussions” around this. I find it really hard to listen to a teams' fans crying about being at a disadvantage against a wild card team over winning their division and having days off. And had the Rangers been in that group of teams and found themselves in the same deficit, my opinion wouldn’t change.
That's how baseballs bounce.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve already been in a couple of “discussions” around this. I find it really hard to listen to a teams' fans crying about being at a disadvantage against a wild card team over winning their division and having days off. And had the Rangers been in that group of teams and found themselves in the same deficit, my opinion wouldn’t change.
Yeah, I have been against how they currently do it since they announced they were changing to the current format.

I wish they would do away with divisions and let the top 4 teams in each league go to the postseason.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies are getting the job done so far.

4-0 Fifth Inning

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies up 4-3 now.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how that decision will be made.
Evan had this to say:

According to league rules, the commissioner, or his or her designee, will make all decisions on roof movements in consultation with the home club and the umpiring crew chief. The league does take into account the criteria the home club typically uses in its filing MLB’s on-field operations department.

MLB does not make that filing public, but the Rangers’ general guideline has been a threshold of less than 85 degrees for opening the roof. Now, that doesn’t necessarily mean 85 degrees at game time. It also takes time to cool down the stadium, so if temperatures during the day exceed that, it can make the decision more difficult. According to weather.com, the forecast in Arlington between 3-5 p.m. calls for temperatures from 83-85. During the game, humidity is expected to range between 53-60%, while temperatures drop into the mid-70s.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe & Troy talking Rangers is absolute gold.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Evan had this to say:

According to league rules, the commissioner, or his or her designee, will make all decisions on roof movements in consultation with the home club and the umpiring crew chief. The league does take into account the criteria the home club typically uses in its filing MLB’s on-field operations department.

MLB does not make that filing public, but the Rangers’ general guideline has been a threshold of less than 85 degrees for opening the roof. Now, that doesn’t necessarily mean 85 degrees at game time. It also takes time to cool down the stadium, so if temperatures during the day exceed that, it can make the decision more difficult. According to weather.com, the forecast in Arlington between 3-5 p.m. calls for temperatures from 83-85. During the game, humidity is expected to range between 53-60%, while temperatures drop into the mid-70s.
MLB probably looking at all the stats too even if the temps are in range for the roof to be open. What about if Eovaldi pitches better with the roof closed when it could be open? That decision should still be made by the Rangers.

I can see MLB stepping in though if it was raining and the Rangers tried to keep the roof open and by game time the field was too wet and the game had to be postponed so the Ranger pitching staff could get an extra days rest.