• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it random if I think out loud: "Chris Sale is going to be pitching in the ALCS this week...while the White Sox watch at home. Mother....F*cker..."

Yeah...I thought not either...but I post it anyway.

I mean...Maybe he'll get tattooed again to make me feel better...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...Maybe he'll get tattooed again to make me feel better...
Halloween plays into this equation some way - I'm sure.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We probably shouldn't be surprised the Sox are just not there yet. After all @idseer has been telling us so all year. ;)

With these Sox and their young talent - I do believe getting there is a matter of 3 things:

1) Tinkering with the talent already in place to improve their games
2) Making some additions to the roster like at 2nd base and with starters - or MLB league ready minor leagues starters
3) Developing Vaughn and Sheets are growing talents.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We probably shouldn't be surprised the Sox are just not there yet. After all @idseer has been telling us so all year. ;)

With these Sox and their young talent - I do believe getting there is a matter of 3 things:

2) Making some additions to the roster like at 2nd base and with starters - or MLB league ready minor leagues starters
The only thing I would add is not just the starters, we need to upgrade the pen as well. Never thought in the beginning of the '21 season I'd be saying this at the end of the '21 season. I would have bet the mortgage (that is, if I had one) the pen would be the main strength of this roster. Instead, it turned out to be the weakest link.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I would add is not just the starters, we need to upgrade the pen as well. Never thought in the beginning of the '21 season I'd be saying this at the end of the '21 season. I would have bet the mortgage (that is, if I had one) the pen would be the main strength of this roster. Instead, it turned out to be the weakest link.

I think our pen was fine...We overreacted to some non-stress games during the regular season and went with Kimbrel and got roasted for it. Liam looked ready to ball this postseason. We never gave him a chance.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our pen was fine...We overreacted to some non-stress games during the regular season and went with Kimbrel and got roasted for it. Liam looked ready to ball this postseason. We never gave him a chance.
Kimbrel was a bad choice no doubt, but he had plenty company in the shit department this year. No way am I, nor should any of us lay the majority of the blame on him.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

there is no getting around the fact that the sox played with "gusto" at the beginning of the year. that all went away at the end of june. with most of the regulars back and playing they stopped doing that. how could these guys go from all that energy to playing like a .500 team? it's as if tlr didn't think winning was that important since we had a big lead. well ... that is BULLSHIT! he pulled players that didn't need to be pulled, he badly mismanaged the BP, and let's not forget the players he threw under the bus.
if he's the manager next year i can almost guarantee the sox do pretty much the same thing next year. it's a joke he's our manager!

tlr wasn't the only problem but in my opinion he was the worst problem.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ethan Katz critique:

Ethan Katz proved pretty good at working with his pitchers on their delivery - efficiency of motion and even game and batter strategies.

Yet his performance as the pitching coach this last season leaves some unanswered questions.

1) Can he prepare his starters for 30 starts and 200 innings? Most of the starters didn't seem to have arm endurance - and starter effectiveness - for Keuchel - Lynn and Rodon wore down as the season progressed - causing over use of the bullpen. Cease and Giolito were fresh at the end, but they arguably have their own training patterns for that.

2) Pitcher fielding - pretty awful

3) Effectiveness of the Pitcher/Catcher battery in holding runners on. Basically - the Sox didn't bother with this providing me with some residual nightmares of runners advancing along the bases at will - costing the Sox a lot of runs scored.

4) I don't know if it is La Russa's or Katz or both of them - who screwed up the use of the bullpen. I'd like to know - if anyone even asked TLR or Katz about the Kimbrel acquisition - because his usage was mishandled - as was Hendriks for half the season. Cody Heuer, Matt Foster and Bummer all regressed instead of maintained or got better.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaRussa will be back...With the public blessing of Jose and Tim...So there you go. Figured so much.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too swifty with the idea of TLR returning, but in the big pic it's more of a meh thang. To me, the far bigger issue, 100x more important than who manages this team is what actions will the FO take this offseason. We had an overall good season, but it's apparent we're not yet in the elite class. Altho I see improvement coming internally just from experience with our youngins and (hopefully) better health, this alone isn't sufficient. So we cannot go with the status quo nor just kinda piecemeal an attempt to improve the roster. We need a bold move or even several bold moves to bolster this ballclub.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of weeks ago - 9 Cuban under 23 baseball players defected in Columbia. I could make a large money bet - the White Sox sign at least one of those guys- just based on past track records.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozzie being interviewed by the Padres - gives me a small laugh. If you have every been to a game at Petco Park - its the only baseball venue I've been to where the ballpark ushers will not allow fans to return to their sits during a game unless it is between innings. From that alone - it seems to be an odd place for the undefinable behavior of Ozzie Guillen. However - I would like to see Ozzie back on the field.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this:

Nor am I dismissing Cleveland or KC for that matter. It does appear however that unless the Twins make some splashy moves this winter, they could find themselves as doormat material for the next few years. And it sounds a bit strange as the club has found a way to remain competitive for so many years. One usually doesn't apply Twins and cellar in the same sentence.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Proposal To Players Association Included Changes To Service Time Structure

it makes me tired. it's like following the political news of the day. we're just waiting around to see whose greed wins out here. the whole free agency system is crap and it'll stay crap! no matter what they finally agree on. the only real losers in all of this will be the fans just as it's always been. no matter how it ends up .... like always, teams will make more money and the players will make more money because greed HAS no boundaries.
if only there were a way for fans to strike. to tell baseball to go fuck itself.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Keuchel win another gold glove award because it is physically impossible to commit a fielding error on home runs given up?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The emotional peak of the 2021 season - was the walk off Anderson dinger in the Field of Dreams game.