• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the hell is up with an old vet like salvador perez? they guy never had more than 27 home runs and 80 rbi's in his career and now he's about to steal abreu's rbi title (and throw in 48 home runs to boot?")?

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed Lynn fell only 4 innings short of qualifying for the ERA title(which he would have won). He hasn’t really been in the conversation for Cy Young in the 2nd half, and it’s too bad because I think he’s deserving of some votes.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland's loss tonite guaranteed that every team in the Central except the Good Guys will finish with a losing record.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees 91-70
Red Sox 91-70
Blue Jays 90-71
Mariners 90-71

Like I said a couple of weeks back, the WC spots would go down to the last day of the season. Imagine if the Yankees and Red Sox lose their final games and the Jays and M's win. Tiebreaker HELL baby!!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to recognize Tony La Russa - as this White Sox team is headed for 93/94 wins while the core player group (Anderson, Moncada, Abreu, Grandal, Robert and Jimenez) have only played together 11 times (counting today). In the previous 10 - the Sox are 8-2. This on top of ending the season with a 7 game or 8 game win streak. The team seems to be in very good shape for the playoffs. All of La Russa's odd lineups and starting assignments - has brought us to the playoffs with the team well rested on the position side and the pitching side. Of course, the proof will be in how the Sox fare in the playoffs.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to recognize Tony La Russa - as this White Sox team is headed for 93/94 wins while the core player group (Anderson, Moncada, Abreu, Grandal, Robert and Jimenez) have only played together 11 times (counting today). In the previous 10 - the Sox are 8-2. This on top of ending the season with a 7 game or 8 game win streak. The team seems to be in very good shape for the playoffs. All of La Russa's odd lineups and starting assignments - has brought us to the playoffs with the team well rested on the position side and the pitching side. Of course, the proof will be in how the Sox fare in the playoffs.
TLR has definitely made some mistakes, particularly early in the season. But he's long since settled comfortably into the job and has done an otherwise pretty damn good job handling a roster that's been at times ravaged with injuries. I doubt he'll be named Mgr of the Year, but he'll be up there in the voting.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing we don't care who wins between Yankees and Red Sox...But I'll watch it tonight...Seems like as good a non-White Sox baseball game as there will be for entertainment.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean...The guy's whole life has been baseball...SUCCESSFUL baseball. Even being up there in age he knows what he's doing. But everything that happens in the postseason will be what matters. Sox would have rolled the Central with any reasonable coach with Minny falling off a cliff. The time for proving is now.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...The guy's whole life has been baseball...SUCCESSFUL baseball. Even being up there in age he knows what he's doing. But everything that happens in the postseason will be what matters. Sox would have rolled the Central with any reasonable coach with Minny falling off a cliff. The time for proving is now.
Spot on - Mr. Jiddy

This will be where Tony La Russa will show up or flame out.

I do give him credit for getting this team to game one of the ALDS in its best shape of the season - literally. Other things he should get credit for is letting the team establish or continue its own culture - and getting contributions out of Yermin Mercedes, Lamb, Zavala, Madrigal, Hamilton and Goodwin. Also - getting Vaughn to show his stuff defensively at 1st, 3rd, LF and RF and perhaps Leury Garcia's finest year at the plate.

Last edited:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yankees ... gone!

YAY!
I love it when the Yankees lose, but my fantasy end to this season would have been the Sox beating the Yankees for the AL pennant and the Dodgers in the World Series.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it when the Yankees lose, but my fantasy end to this season would have been the Sox beating the Yankees for the AL pennant and the Dodgers in the World Series.

Yankees were a tough out for us...I ain't missing them...But Houston/Tampa/NL Champ is going to be a hellish ride to the top, should we be lucky enough to take the whole thing...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees were a tough out for us...I ain't missing them...But Houston/Tampa/NL Champ is going to be a hellish ride to the top, should we be lucky enough to take the whole thing...
I'll take what we can get. This is just the beginning boys. If we can't get 'er done this year, then there's next year. And if not then, the year after that....and so on.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Dodgers go down to the wire - so glad the Sox cruised to a division title. Would be so pissed to watch my team win 106 games only to get bounced in a one game free for all.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Dodgers go down to the wire - so glad the Sox cruised to a division title. Would be so pissed to watch my team win 106 games only to get bounced in a one game free for all.
That was a good baseball game. As I watched it - I keep thinking the Sox do deserve to be on the field with teams like this. For once - our White Sox really are not outclassed.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good baseball game. As I watched it - I keep thinking the Sox do deserve to be on the field with teams like this. For once - our White Sox really are not outclassed.
That was one hell of a friggin game last night. The Cards really gave the Dodgers a scare.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sox rollin' up in Houston like:

audrey-karaoke.gif

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it random if I think out loud: "Chris Sale is going to be pitching in the ALCS this week...while the White Sox watch at home. Mother....F*cker..."

Yeah...I thought not either...but I post it anyway.