• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, 8 rounds now into the draft and not a single catcher selected by us.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention it breaks up the mojo we've had in winning 5 straight.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article on Lynn, worth reading:

Damn, I sure would love to see him get a multi-year deal with the Good Guys.
The White Sox - IMO - need to sign at least one of - Lynn - Rodon. Scott Boros is not going to cut an early deal for Rodon. Lynn - shows the other starters how to do it and is a stabilizer even before he pitches a ball. I think Lynn should get a 3 year deal with a 4th year option and be a higher -middle/ lower- exclusive salary commodity.

As for Hahn - if Eaton was his off season mistake - he should get credit for Goodwin's showing at a level - one could have only hoped - would have been Eaton's top performance for the season.

The best I can figure - the Sox will point Kopech to get ready as a starter next year - and Crochet will move up to Kopech level bullpen usage.

With the 3rd pick of the draft the Sox picked a pitcher from Maryland Univ. (Sean Burke) who had his Tommy John surgery two years ago. He only needs Katz to strap him into the pitching girdle and change is motion to the plate to bring up his pitch accuracy. This guy could be ready to be a mid-level rotation guy in one or two years.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article on Lynn, worth reading:

Damn, I sure would love to see him get a multi-year deal with the Good Guys.
for the most part a good article BUT! :

"He's just a guy you're going to give the ball to, and he's just going to be out there, he's not going to want to come out of the game," White Sox reliever Codi Heuer told NBC Sports Chicago last week. "Every time Lance is on the mound, I'm like, 'Oh, it's Lance Day. If I'm coming into the game today, I'm shutting it down for my boy.' Because he's going out there and leaving it out on the field. That's contagious."

so can we assume from this bullshit that he doesn't feel this need to 'shut it down' for the other starters? i hate reading this kind of puke cause it's just meaningless gobbledygook.

fortunately lynn's and katz's comments are honest and straightforward and not just babbly bullshit.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox - IMO - need to sign at least one of - Lynn - Rodon. Scott Boros is not going to cut an early deal for Rodon. Lynn - shows the other starters how to do it and is a stabilizer even before he pitches a ball. I think Lynn should get a 3 year deal with a 4th year option and be a higher -middle/ lower- exclusive salary commodity.

As for Hahn - if Eaton was his off season mistake - he should get credit for Goodwin's showing at a level - one could have only hoped - would have been Eaton's top performance for the season.

The best I can figure - the Sox will point Kopech to get ready as a starter next year - and Crochet will move up to Kopech level bullpen usage.

With the 3rd pick of the draft the Sox picked a pitcher from Maryland Univ. (Sean Burke) who had his Tommy John surgery two years ago. He only needs Katz to strap him into the pitching girdle and change is motion to the plate to bring up his pitch accuracy. This guy could be ready to be a mid-level rotation guy in one or two years.
Agreed, no way on earth will Boras let his client sign an extension without testing the market. Not sure who Lynn's agent is, but he might feel the same and also have Lance test the market. I do believe he'll be the easier and cheaper of the two to sign, altho neither is remotely a given.

As for Hahn, when I brought up the fact that he blew it with Eaton, I should have emphasized more just how well he otherwise did in this past offseason, along with making such patch up moves like bringing on Goodwin to help with the onslaught of injuries our team has sustained this year. The no-brainer exchange of Dunning and some scrub for Lynn was probably the trade of the year for all of baseball.

One of the reasons I want to see Michael pitch more than an inning when he's brought out in relief is we all know he's destined to fill in as one of the starters next year - replacing Rodon or Lynn. Not to mention for those who have seen him pitch since his return, the man has been outright flawless and showing almost zero effort to boot. There's no reason, at least from what we can see, as to why TLR only gives him one inning. I could understand if he struggled with the strike zone or gave up some big hits, but neither has been the case. We really don't have a long reliever on this team, kinda wondering if that's become a relic of the past in general as the game continues to evolve. But if anyone in the pen could handle multiple innings if/when needed, it's Kopech. I know he'll have all offseason and spring training next year to increase his stamina and innings in order to prepare for the starter's role. But right now would be a good time as any to let him spread his wings a bit more, so to speak.

As to any and all of our draft selections, I haven't a clue as to how any of them may bust a move up the ranks. Your explanation of Burke seems as plausible as any. The only observations I can make of note up to this point of the still-ongoing draft is that 3 of our first 5 picks are high schoolers. This kinda tells me that the powers that be are confident with their current 40 man roster and immediate replacements as it stands for the next few seasons. My other main observation is it wasn't until our 14th pick that we grabbed a catcher. If we go by positional needs, I had catcher as #1. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Lake Shore Drive - I'd say the concern about Kopech is that he hasn't really pitched in 2 years - the Sox may have a 100 inning target for him coming into the season (right now he is at 35 innings). So maybe TLR is saving some Kopech innings for the post season by light use now. Most of the pitching injuries this season have been speculated to be from lack of use last year - and overuse this year. TLR has not over used his pitchers and is leading the league with the team because of it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Lake Shore Drive - I'd say the concern about Kopech is that he hasn't really pitched in 2 years - the Sox may have a 100 inning target for him coming into the season (right now he is at 35 innings). So maybe TLR is saving some Kopech innings for the post season by light use now. Most of the pitching injuries this season have been speculated to be from lack of use last year - and overuse this year. TLR has not over used his pitchers and is leading the league with the team because of it.
That's as good and reasonable explanation as any. I'm certainly not in favor of just letting him out there with no innings limit in mind. And I 100% agree with your take that we should not overuse the man, ala what Renteria did last year with Jimmy Cordero. My only complaint is having watched him pitch since his return from the IL, there's no doubt whatsoever that he's good for at least 2 innings. It's one thing to be mowing them down like he has, but it's another that he's doing so without even breaking a sweat. Then again, there's a whole lotta season left, meaning there's plenty of time to eventually break him in for more than an inning.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, our draft has been completed, here are some relevant or irrelevant numbers:

*As previously mentioned, 3 of our first 5 draft picks are high schoolers, but interestingly enough, only 1 of the remaining 15 is such.
*By position:
12 P
2 SS
2 3B
2 C
2 OF
*We selected a pitcher on 10 consecutive picks - #3 - #12, and all college arms at that.

What does all this mean? I haven't a friggin clue. But I'm in a posting mood, so I figured what the heck.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, our draft has been completed, here are some relevant or irrelevant numbers:

*As previously mentioned, 3 of our first 5 draft picks are high schoolers, but interestingly enough, only 1 of the remaining 15 is such.
*By position:
12 P
2 SS
2 3B
2 C
2 OF
*We selected a pitcher on 10 consecutive picks - #3 - #12, and all college arms at that.

What does all this mean? I haven't a friggin clue. But I'm in a posting mood, so I figured what the heck.
good info. thanks for posting.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good info. thanks for posting.
NP, just more of an FYI type of info. As I've stated before I thought two of our bigger needs were at the catcher and outfield spots. Yet we only addressed them in the 13th, 15th, 16th, and 18th spots. Go figure.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never liked the all star game tbh. Not my bag.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably watch some anyway...lulz.

No matter what any Sox player does tonight...It will never be as pathetic as the worst interception in Pro Bowl history by Trubisky.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda feel the same way, plus I watched maybe 30 seconds of the HR derby. The only reason for watching the game at all is to see our boyz in there. Actually, there's a pretty good chance all 4 will play tonite. All I ever care tho is bringing them back home injury free.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda feel the same way, plus I watched maybe 30 seconds of the HR derby. The only reason for watching the game at all is to see our boyz in there. Actually, there's a pretty good chance all 4 will play tonite. All I ever care tho is bringing them back home injury free.

My only interest is how many times Timmy adjusts his junk on the big stage.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...If Hendriks goes all f*cking nuts on the mound yellin' and sh*t that could be fun too. But I'm guessing it won't happen.

A breakaway showing Grandal watching the game from a TV in the concourse would be the chef's kiss.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's as good and reasonable explanation as any. I'm certainly not in favor of just letting him out there with no innings limit in mind. And I 100% agree with your take that we should not overuse the man, ala what Renteria did last year with Jimmy Cordero. My only complaint is having watched him pitch since his return from the IL, there's no doubt whatsoever that he's good for at least 2 innings. It's one thing to be mowing them down like he has, but it's another that he's doing so without even breaking a sweat. Then again, there's a whole lotta season left, meaning there's plenty of time to eventually break him in for more than an inning.
If my theory is correct - Kopech will start getting ramped up for more innings in middle August.