• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just putzing arouns and looking at some figures.

grandal ... 34 games
no production at all in 17 games
6 hr's producing 12 rbis, 6 rbis in all the rest of his games
in his last 6 games he's walked 6 times and none of those walks produced a run (rbi or run).
batting in the 2, 4 or 5 spot he has 1 rbi and 1 run scored (has larussa even looked at this shit?)
leads the sox in hitting into 6 dp's (tied with abreu who has 58 more ab's)
aside from his 6 hr's he has exactly 2 extra base hits.
his k rate is the worst on the team.

just my opinion but walks don't produce much and in his case it just clogs the bases.
throw in the fact he's a sub-par catcher does anyone still feel he's worth 18.5 million a year?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
**Yawn** Mr. Meh finds himself once again at the top of the RBI leaderboard. 226 RBIs in 265 games since the start of the 2019 season. That's all he does is drive in runs. So average.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just putzing arouns and looking at some figures.

grandal ... 34 games
no production at all in 17 games
6 hr's producing 12 rbis, 6 rbis in all the rest of his games
in his last 6 games he's walked 6 times and none of those walks produced a run (rbi or run).
batting in the 2, 4 or 5 spot he has 1 rbi and 1 run scored (has larussa even looked at this shit?)
leads the sox in hitting into 6 dp's (tied with abreu who has 58 more ab's)
aside from his 6 hr's he has exactly 2 extra base hits.
his k rate is the worst on the team.

just my opinion but walks don't produce much and in his case it just clogs the bases.
throw in the fact he's a sub-par catcher does anyone still feel he's worth 18.5 million a year?
He keeps everyone's mind of La Russa.

You can't blame a guy for getting on by a walk and not scoring - that's the job of other guys. Also - there is no statistical difference between a walk and a base hit for impact on the game.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't blame a guy for getting on by a walk and not scoring - that's the job of other guys. Also - there is no statistical difference between a walk and a base hit for impact on the game.
sure there is. if you walk with a man on second or third vs if you get a hit with a man on second or third.

and you're right. can't blame him. i blame management.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on when you get the hit vs the walk. Only when the bases are empty does it not matter.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on when you get the hit vs the walk. Only when the bases are empty does it not matter.
Is there a difference between a leadoff walk and a lead off single? Is there a difference between most infield hits and a walk? Walks mean plenty.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a difference between a leadoff walk and a lead off single? Is there a difference between most infield hits and a walk? Walks mean plenty.
I know I'm defending Grandal too. But hits are better than walks with men on base that's just a fact

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a walk with no one on is as good as a single but i think it's also over-rated.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, just wondering out loud that if our pen, which many of us thought was the strongest group on the roster, was as dominant as our rotation, we'd be without question the top ballclub in the majors.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, just wondering out loud that if our pen, which many of us thought was the strongest group on the roster, was as dominant as our rotation, we'd be without question the top ballclub in the majors.
But having said this, I should also happily point out that it does seem like Hendriks, who is the lynchpin to our pen, is beginning to find his groove and showing why we inked him to that monster contract.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the change is that La Russa is bringing in relievers at the top of the inning this week - instead of his season long practice of making a pitching change after two outs. Relievers these days are brought up to pitch with a clean inning - especially your holders and closers. The Sox are back to that now.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Granted, it was against the coldest team in baseball at the present, but regardless of a club's record or current situation, 4 game sweeps are rare these days, so the Good Guys should be commended for this.
*Giolito seems to have found his groove. He's only had one bad start in his last six. He's given up just one earned run in each of those 5 good starts. As a team ace, I feel he's still a bit too inconsistent overall, but he has been showing some nasty shit of late. Let's hope this is more the norm as we go forward.
*Speaking of getting better of late, Hendriks also seems to have settled in and become the closer monster we all thought he'd be. Just in the month of May his ERA has steadily gone down from 3.97 to 2.05, with 13 saves now notched in his belt.
*Big 4 game series coming up next against the Whoevers. I'm kinda chalking off one of the games as a loss when Cease faces Bieber. So let's take the other three.
*Tomorrow is a DH, and it looks like Jimmy Lambert has been brought up to start the second one. I think it's fair to describe this outing as an opener for the Sox staff. Hopefully, Rodon, who's slated to start game one, can pitch late into his game and keep the pen fresh, as they will be needed in the following contest.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a new hero everyday (along with Abreu every day) you couldn't ask for a better spot for a baseball team than one who goes out there every day to wonder who is going to be today's hero.

White Sox fans deserve a magical season.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very random.

two guys i hate seeing at the plate. well, not really, but abrue, because every pitch he steps up to the batter's box , holds his bat upright and spins it 3, 4 or 5 times before stepping up to the plate. it's annoying as hell!
and madrigal, because he has the weirdest warmup swings i've ever seen. also very obnoxious.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know how good the pitching has been? Sox have given up the 3rd fewest runs in baseball. But the Padres have given up 2 fewer runs having played 2 fewer games. And the Mets have given up 19 fewer runs, but in 7 fewer games (that's pretty impressive but NL)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we conclude our 2nd full month into the '21 season, any surprises for you guys?

My biggest without question is the Twins record. It's still way, way too soon to declare them a dead horse this season, but damn, I never would have guessed going into June that they'd be in last place in the Central, 10 games under .500, and 11 games out of first.

Two big surprises on the winning end would go to the Red Sox and the Giants. I did not see either team playing this well this deep into the campaign.

I won't say this so much surprises me as it does just impressing me, but somehow those damn Rays continue to be one of the game's best teams. They keep losing key people each season, yet embrace that next-man-up mentality.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we conclude our 2nd full month into the '21 season, any surprises for you guys?

My biggest without question is the Twins record. It's still way, way too soon to declare them a dead horse this season, but damn, I never would have guessed going into June that they'd be in last place in the Central, 10 games under .500, and 11 games out of first.

Two big surprises on the winning end would go to the Red Sox and the Giants. I did not see either team playing this well this deep into the campaign.

I won't say this so much surprises me as it does just impressing me, but somehow those damn Rays continue to be one of the game's best teams. They keep losing key people each season, yet embrace that next-man-up mentality.
i think the twins have had injuries they couldn't make up for as easily as the sox did.