• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best wishes for Jose. It looked like Giolito got into his rhythm at the end of the 2nd inning. Go Sox!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to Rodon taking the mound today. Anyone else think this Scott Boras client (Rodon) will be difficult to sign after his 1 year $3 million contract is up?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to Rodon taking the mound today. Anyone else think this Scott Boras client (Rodon) will be difficult to sign after his 1 year $3 million contract is up?
That could be the understatement of the decade.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some post-doubleheader random thoughts:

*First and foremost, glad Pito's savage collision appears to at most require a day or two off, if that. Could have been a lot, lot worse.
*Giolito needs to get back to the drawing board and figure out what's been going wrong. Our ace has become the weakest link in the rotation.
*And speaking of rotation, if anyone can step into it if needed, Kopech is looking ever more the candidate to do so.
*After a shaky start to his season, it does seem as if Hendriks has gotten his act together.
*Vaughn looks like he's ready to bust open. I think he's finally getting the hang of major league pitching.
*Let's hope this is the start of KC's newest losing streak.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never want to look past our next opponent, but I couldn't help but notice that on this upcoming 6 game road trip, we face the Yankees after the Twins. And poor Dylan Cease is scheduled to face off against Gerrit Cole. :pray:
Kinda-surprise-stat-of-the-day: Adam Eaton is tied for 3rd on the team in ribbies and just 1 behind 2nd. Not bad for a guy who doesn't bat in the meat of the order.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never want to look past our next opponent, but I couldn't help but notice that on this upcoming 6 game road trip, we face the Yankees after the Twins. And poor Dylan Cease is scheduled to face off against Gerrit Cole. :pray:
Kinda-surprise-stat-of-the-day: Adam Eaton is tied for 3rd on the team in ribbies and just 1 behind 2nd. Not bad for a guy who doesn't bat in the meat of the order.

He bats behind TA. He’s in one of the luckiest batting order spots in baseball...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The emotional charge this White Sox team should get out of Jose Abreu's dramatic slide into home with the winning run - can hardly be calculated. When you have a teammate like that so committed to winning - so willing to sacrifice his health and well being - so focused on a winning outcome - it carries everyone else along for the same commitment. As fans we are seeing something very special. Go Sox!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The emotional charge this White Sox team should get out of Jose Abreu's dramatic slide into home with the winning run - can hardly be calculated. When you have a teammate like that so committed to winning - so willing to sacrifice his health and well being - so focused on a winning outcome - it carries everyone else along for the same commitment. As fans we are seeing something very special. Go Sox!

Unlike most of these babes on the field...Jose has seen some sh*t.

This is why you were chosen. Because a strong man, who has known power all his life, will lose respect for that power. But a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows compassion.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike most of these babes on the field...Jose has seen some sh*t.

This is why you were chosen. Because a strong man, who has known power all his life, will lose respect for that power. But a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows compassion.
wow! first thing you've posted in a long time that made sense to me! :suds:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I've watched the replays of Jose's slide at home plate to end yesterday's game from whatever angles were made available, and everything points to him being safe. He did avoid that tag, regardless how much Royals manager Mike Matheny whined about it being the wrong call. And further proof? If Abreu was indeed tagged, doesn't anyone think the catcher would have immediately popped up and argued such, then immediately screamed for a replay? He did neither. End of story.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow! first thing you've posted in a long time that made sense to me! :suds:

But the mailman had a boot in the kitchen sink and then my wife showed up with a pizza...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Sox 1st base and outfield prospect Gavin Sheets is having a Yermin Mercedes type start to the AAA season batting .367. Another high draft pick who looks like he will have value to the White Sox or on the trade market.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Sox 1st base and outfield prospect Gavin Sheets is having a Yermin Mercedes type start to the AAA season batting .367. Another high draft pick who looks like he will have value to the White Sox or on the trade market.

We will never miss on a prospect again. FA catchers, however, we need to bring in a consultant.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will never miss on a prospect again. FA catchers, however, we need to bring in a consultant.
Need I remind you the intangible value that Grandal was at the plate when Abreu scored - coincidence? He won another game this season when the ball bounced off his head running to 2nd base. LOL

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need I remind you the intangible value that Grandal was at the plate when Abreu scored - coincidence? He won another game this season when the ball bounced off his head running to 2nd base. LOL
yes ... he definitely stepped out of the way!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for some way-too-early trade deadline talk. I mean, we're looking at almost 11 weeks till the deadline. A lot could transpire which might alter as to how we approach it. But I'd say at this point and if there are no major setbacks to our existing roster, the one scenario I could see where action could be necessary is obtaining a veteran OF, preferably one with above avg defense, a lefty bat, and power. We have no idea if/when Robert & Jimenez will return this season. We're still a couple of weeks away from Engel returning, which will at least temper the need a bit for veteran help.

The one thing with this surprisingly parity of a season so far is there are no clear cut teams who are conceding the campaign already and are willing to discuss parting ways with existing talent for prospects. Right now the two worst records belong to the Twins and Tigers, who would probably be loathe to discuss any trade with our team, and that's assuming they'd be sellers to begin with, especially the Twins. The 3rd worst record belongs to the Rockies, who might offer a trade candidate in Charlie Blackmon. At 34 (35 on 7/1/21), Charlie's a bit long in the tooth, and so far 2021 has been a meh year for him to date. But he's been fairly consistent in previous years, even during last season's covid campaign. The good news is he's signed thru 2023, but the bad news is the contract for its duration is worth in excess of $40 mil. That's a lot of coin for a guy who'd be 37 at it's expiration. Still, the Rockies are going nowhere fast and I can see them wanting to cut back on expenses. The question therefore is what would it take to obtain his services. Unless the Rockies would be willing to eat a decent portion of that contract, I'd hope Hahn wouldn't offer too much in return.

A more tantalizing possibility is if the Rangers might be willing to part ways with Joey Gallo, who's been on my personal radar for a couple of years. In his age 27 season, he obviously brings youth to the equation. He also possesses more power, better range and a stronger throwing arm than does Blackmon. The one thing he's not known for however, is a high BA, being his career avg so far is just .210 - as in below the Mendoza line material. But when healthy, for which he struggles at avoiding injury, the man can jack with the best of them. He's arbitration-eligible for 2022, then becomes a FA thereafter. At the moment, his is an extremely team-friendly contract, which is always music to Jerry's ears. The question here is whether the Rangers could be sellers by the deadline. A number of analysts had them pegged in the offseason as being the 2nd worst team in baseball, ahead of only the Pirates. Yet up until their current 6 game losing streak, they've otherwise been competitive. What would it take to acquire his services? My guess is a lot more than it would for Blackmon.

If there are other candidates worthy of pursuit, please feel free to chime in.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are correct about the fit for Gallo in terms of power - defense and arm strength.

Another place the Sox will be looking - possibly - is for bullpen arms.