• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found an example! Falcons 2017 and 2018. Same coach, same OC, points allowed soared from 315 to 423.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s a question - does a decline in a team’s defense improve that offense’s passing numbers?

I guess this would mean checking big year-to-year increases in Points Allowed and then checking the change in FF value for that team’s QB/receivers.
I am sure @averagejoe used his magic one year on this ratio.
Actually, it was the opposite.
I looked at offenses with low time-of-possession to see which defenses might improve if the offense got better. It was the year the Eagles changed from Chip Kelly to Pederson. Eagles D was nice sleeper.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Cam Akers suffered a torn Achilles' tendon while training.​

Big ouch for many fantasy owners. .....

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COVID forfeits that affect 2 teams?
That can be disastrous for fantasy.

giphy.gif

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...one outbreak could make a ton of zeros
Owners who play the QB-WR combo could really get into trouble.

I just wonder if this could be a 2-week stretch if quarantine protocols are still in place.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owners who play the QB-WR combo could really get into trouble.

I just wonder if this could be a 2-week stretch if quarantine protocols are still in place.
Well he did say " 'IF' they games cannot be rescheduled". I would hope that by that second week, they could push, like last season, to Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday even, or find ways to fill in the rosters so that games could be played.

I'm really hoping this is only going to apply to positive test results on multiple players the morning of the game, where there's little to no options of moving the games.

But damn, think about it, Sunday morning, the Chiefs Chargers game gets forfeited..Mahommes, Herbert, CEH, Ekeler, Hill, Allen, Kelce...just for starters

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he did say " 'IF' they games cannot be rescheduled". I would hope that by that second week, they could push, like last season, to Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday even, or find ways to fill in the rosters so that games could be played.

I'm really hoping this is only going to apply to positive test results on multiple players the morning of the game, where there's little to no options of moving the games.

But damn, think about it, Sunday morning, the Chiefs Chargers game gets forfeited..Mahommes, Herbert, CEH, Ekeler, Hill, Allen, Kelce...just for starters

So easily avoidable too, as the 18th week could have been the result of the addition of Bye Week 2. Giving much needed breather room (Covid or not).

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So easily avoidable too, as the 18th week could have been the result of the addition of Bye Week 2. Giving much needed breather room (Covid or not).
Something I think the players union needs to make be a deal breaker on the next CBA..2 bye weeks

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question.
I see Jonathon Taylor ranked pretty high. Read somewhere that Marlon Mack was on pace for 1500 yards before he got hurt. With Mack back, shouldnt this concern Taylor owners?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question.
I see Jonathon Taylor ranked pretty high. Read somewhere that Marlon Mack was on pace for 1500 yards before he got hurt. With Mack back, shouldnt this concern Taylor owners?
Mack was injured in week 1 last year, so if he "was on pace" for anything, it shouldn't be counted as statistically relevant.
Mack coming back from Achilles will be the case study centered around a lot of Akers trade talks over the next 10-12months, imo

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack was injured in week 1 last year, so if he "was on pace" for anything, it shouldn't be counted as statistically relevant.
Mack coming back from Achilles will be the case study centered around a lot of Akers trade talks over the next 10-12months, imo
Yes! Thank you... i couldnt remember who the player was who tore is achilles.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to look up some news on Mack and all i can find is the spin that he is 100%. Lets say that he is a 100% after the Achilles injury, or even 90%, doesnt this worry the Jon Taylor owners even a little?

Also judging from the posts, sounds like many are all in on Chubb. Doesnt it concern any that Hunt took a decent share of touches last year? Hunt is still in CLE, right?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to look up some news on Mack and all i can find is the spin that he is 100%. Lets say that he is a 100% after the Achilles injury, or even 90%, doesnt this worry the Jon Taylor owners even a little?

Also judging from the posts, sounds like many are all in on Chubb. Doesnt it concern any that Hunt took a decent share of touches last year? Hunt is still in CLE, right?
Yes, but Chubb is just that damned good, :)
and they don't exactly want Mayfield throwing it 30+ times a game.

As to Mack, I hold zero stock in Taylor, but if I did, I wouldn't be worried in the slightest. Not only was Mack really nothing all that special, but they are approximately zero RB's who have made even a semi successful return after a ruptured Achilles.
Edgar Bennett is the only one of note, who hit 600+ the year of his return, then he retired

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but Chubb is just that damned good, :)
and they don't exactly want Mayfield throwing it 30+ times a game.

As to Mack, I hold zero stock in Taylor, but if I did, I wouldn't be worried in the slightest. Not only was Mack really nothing all that special, but they are approximately zero RB's who have made even a semi successful return after a ruptured Achilles.
Edgar Bennett is the only one of note, who hit 600+ the year of his return, then he retired
Good stuff.
But.... uuummmm..... how do i say this? Treff, i respect your insights and have no doubt you are confident in Chubb. But.. uuummmm... you have have been burned before. Kind of scary to me. Almost want to run the other way.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff.
But.... uuummmm..... how do i say this? Treff, i respect your insights and have no doubt you are confident in Chubb. But.. uuummmm... you have have been burned before. Kind of scary to me.
I cannot argue that, not one iota!! Lol

But in my defense in this instance..Chubb has proven he's definitely well above average. Career 5+ ypc..and not a Gus Edwards 5 yoc where 10 dudes chase Lamar and Gus runs free for 10..no, a REAL 5 ypc.
Damned near 1500 yards in '19, was on pace for almost 1400 last year but missed 4 games...he is a proven, well above average NFL RB, it's not just my gut feeling about someone who might be special, he just needs a shot...like say, Montee Ball...ughh

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I had Taylor, I’d want Mack, but wouldn’t feel concerned starting JT. I have Mack without Taylor, and I’m not excited but it’s good enough for inquiry. As for Mack’s injury... I imagine it will be a slow process. Plus Hines has a pretty secure role I think.

Hunt is my favorite player to draft last/this year. A healthy Chubb surely hurts Hunt, but doesn’t kill him. An injured Chubb gets you a top five overall guy in the 5th/6th round.
Still would not concern me with Chubb. He’ll get his. Cleveland likes to utilize their backfield. And they have a good relationship, from what I gather...which helps.

:2cents:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To touch on what TKO mentioned on J. Taylor, Hynes involvement concerns me more than Mack's. Also, Wentz taking over for Rivers also concerns me more than Mack.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF - I see your all time favorite guy is back again. :nono: ..... Giants have re-signed veteran running back Alfred Morris.