• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My advice is ask if they'll double the pot.
Heh, yeah... Built up over time and have had the luxury to trade off older players for draft picks to continuously reload. It is a loaded roster for sure ...I still didn’t win... :D

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FANTASY ALERT !!!!!! Go get him :D
Tim Tebow officially signed his one-year contract with the Jaguars.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The news on Julio will curb some of the AJB appeal, Still think he gets plenty of targets but certainly not as many as before. ... bummer for those who invested heavily in either one

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The news on Julio will curb some of the AJB appeal, Still think he gets plenty of targets but certainly not as many as before. ... bummer for those who invested heavily in either one
I don't think it does much other than ruin Julio's value. He's the one who will be getting significantly less targets than his owners are used to. Brown may lose a couple per game. He'll also see a little less defensive focus from the secondary

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it does much other than ruin Julio's value. He's the one who will be getting significantly less targets than his owners are used to. Brown may lose a couple per game. He'll also see a little less defensive focus from the secondary
Good points.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Starting to think Titans O is going to be a bit more vertical this season now, bringing in Reynolds and Julio... just don't think you do that if you keep planning to be so Henry-centric. It'll still start with the run game, but wouldn't be shocked at all to see a few more attempts from Tannehill and a few less from Henry this year
I feel worse for anyone who was relying on Firkser to step up with Jonnu gone

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of @averagejoe specialties, tag team WR effect of affection.

Does the (added or lack of) coverage outweigh the lone wolf vs target splits production?

In other words, how the heck does McLaurin even happen, or Decker and Marshall?

Also, Corey Davis was pretty useful last year, not like Julio is much more than that this late in his banged up career.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of @averagejoe specialties, tag team WR effect of affection.

Does the (added or lack of) coverage outweigh the lone wolf vs target splits production?

In other words, how the heck does McLaurin even happen, or Decker and Marshall?

Also, Corey Davis was pretty useful last year, not like Julio is much more than that this late in his banged up career.

as a titans fan, here’s to hoping some of the missed games last year were an outcome of the Falcons W-L record when Julio was debating whether or not to push himself

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, there are still a lot of targets out there for Tennessee and Julio was already the 2nd best receiver on his team in Atlanta. Not sure it's going to hurt him all that much. I'm just glad he isn't going to be completely wasted in New England. I think it bumps up Ridley and Pitts and possibly even Mike Davis some. Don't think it changes things for AJ Brown or Henry any, but any value that Josh Reynolds or Dez Fitzpatrick had is now non-existent. Not sure about Firkser's value because I really think that tight end targets tend to stay with the tight end.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, there are still a lot of targets out there for Tennessee and Julio was already the 2nd best receiver on his team in Atlanta. Not sure it's going to hurt him all that much. I'm just glad he isn't going to be completely wasted in New England. I think it bumps up Ridley and Pitts and possibly even Mike Davis some. Don't think it changes things for AJ Brown or Henry any, but any value that Josh Reynolds or Dez Fitzpatrick had is now non-existent. Not sure about Firkser's value because I really think that tight end targets tend to stay with the tight end.

it’s interesting. He was never the dominant td guy with Atlanta. And nobody could ever explain why he wasn’t used well there.

the Titans might be one of the least passing teams but they are very efficient. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see an increase in TDs. But there will definitely be a huge decrease in targets.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it’s interesting. He was never the dominant td guy with Atlanta. And nobody could ever explain why he wasn’t used well there.
TDs = unpredictable (unless you're talking Rodgers-Adams, book those 8-10 TDs every year they play together as the floor)
Targets/Rec/Yards = some what predictable

Julio is the current record holder for yards/game by a substantial margin, he avg 10-12 more yds/game than Megatron.

Always felt the 'Julio doesn't score TDs' narrative has been played out, especially since most leagues shifted to half or full ppr. Prob more of a reflection of Matt Ryan's abilities in the Red Zone than it is Julio's.

Agree with your thought process though - Julio and Henry will prob get less touches than what their fantasy managers have come to know, but I also think they'll be a lo more productive touches. Titans led the league in facing stacked boxes last year, if that continues, even a banged up/older Julio will destroy light coverage

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that occurred to me this morning-

A "1000 yd season" has been held as somewhat of a benchmark for players, I've never really held it in all that high of a regard actually, and look at it as kind of a bottom of the barrel example of what you want as production from your fantasy rosters. After all, 1000 yards in 16 games is only 63 yards a game.

And now, it'll mean even less. 1000 yards in 17 games is 59 yards a game...not even 6 fantasy points a week unless your adding some TD's in there.

Side bar-..if Derrick Henry breaks Dickersons rushing record in week 18...should it really count?? Same applies to Manning's yardage and TD record, or Moss's TD record, or Megatrons yardage...I hate rewriting record books based solely on there being more opportunities to do so the the previous ERA...but I guess you could say that about all the current record holders as well...didn't used to have 16 game schedules either

Last edited:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A "1000 yd season" has been held as somewhat of a benchmark for players, I've never really held it in all that high of a regard actually, and look at it as kind of a bottom of the barrel example of what you want as production from your fantasy rosters. After all, 1000 yards in 16 games is only 63 yards a game.

And now, it'll mean even less. 1000 yards in 17 games is 59 yards a game...not even 6 fantasy points a week unless your adding some TD's in there.

Side bar-..if Derrick Henry breaks Dickersons rushing record in week 18...should it really count?? Same applies to Manning's yardage and TD record, or Moss's TD record, or Megatrons yardage...I hate rewriting record books based solely on there being more opportunities to do so the the previous ERA...but I guess you could say that about all the current record holders as well...didn't used to have 16 game schedules either

Same was said when George Rogers broke the rookie rushing record and Eric Dickerson broke OJ's record. 16 games vs 14.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, you can't build your team around a couple of guys just because they reliably have 1000-yard seasons, that's not going to win you anything. But you still want them on your roster - there were only 15 WRs last year over 1000 receiving yards last year.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:think: hmmmm
Interesting.
Last year only 19 RB had over 1000 yards from scrimmage.
Only 8 RB actually had over 1000 yards rushing.

I have personally given up on RB. Like you said, you're going to sacrifice a draft pick for a guy who might give you 5.9 points a game? Not worth it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: hmmmm
Interesting.
Last year only 19 RB had over 1000 yards from scrimmage.
Only 8 RB actually had over 1000 yards rushing.

I have personally given up on RB. Like you said, you're going to sacrifice a draft pick for a guy who might give you 5.9 points a game? Not worth it.
Well it puts perspective on those who are always in that 1200-1500 or more ballpark..or who get 1800 from scrimmage, and just how valuable and rare they are..but yes, just because some random dude hit 1001, or "almost" had a 1000 yards, sure doesn't add any clout in my book. Any of them can "almost" hit 1000, any given year, big deal.

I would say we need to mention that when looking back at last year's numbers, yes it was only 8, but no Cmac, no Barkley, Zeke played most the year without their starting QB, and Baltimore basically split their starting gig between Ingram and Dobbins...either one of them playing regularly would've gotten there, and Ingram isn't in the equation any longer. And 7 more who fell into that "almost" category.
There were 15 last year, and another 6 "almost". One more long run for some, one more game of 15+ carries for others, and they likely would've had it.
With 17 games this year, I wouldn't be shocked to see 20 guys have 1000 yards rushing..assuming healthy seasons of course, but it'll still be just those 5-6, Henry, Cook, Zeke, Cmac, Barkley, and Chubb (who missed 4 games and still had 1K+..now that's saying something) who are really "worth it".

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s a question - does a decline in a team’s defense improve that offense’s passing numbers?

I guess this would mean checking big year-to-year increases in Points Allowed and then checking the change in FF value for that team’s QB/receivers.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s a question - does a decline in a team’s defense improve that offense’s passing numbers?

I guess this would mean checking big year-to-year increases in Points Allowed and then checking the change in FF value for that team’s QB/receivers.

I am sure @averagejoe used his magic one year on this ratio.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well it didnt for the pats last year :suds:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it didnt for the pats last year :suds:
Lol. Well, kinda looking at situations where the QB/scheming stays about the same. Steelers this year might be a good example ... if Big Ben lasts the season.