• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, i would agree on Sermon. But Shanny's history of rotating thru a committee of RB is concerning.

I was holding out a glimmer for Hasty. Seems like an unneeded foursome.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in a draft 12 full PPR first pick off the board was J. Chase, followed by Harris. Wow.
In Chase's favor, everything is set up for a decent first year - familiarity with a talented young QB on a team that will probably be chronically behind late. Look for short garbage-time fourth-quarter receptions against deeper Ds when down by 20.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my Dynasty League, I'm expecting it to go
1.1 - Harris (Team needs EVERYTHING, and we are still a RB first mentality league)
1.2 - Lawrence - (Team is thin, but good at every position except QB and this team drafted Luck as a rookie and will likely go to the well again)
1.3 and 1.4 - (Guy has both picks and is a bit of an enigma, but he LOVES TEs, so I imagine Pitts will go and probably Chase?)
1.5 - So that leaves me...

My Roster
QB - L Jackson, D Carr, D Lock
RB - D Cook, E Elliott, Swift, CEH, Gaskin, Dam Willams
WR - Hopkins, M Thomas, D Mooney, J Jeudy, D Mims, A Miller
TE - M Andrews, H Hurst
K - Koo, Gano
D - Bears, Colts

We are a 6 pt per passing TD league and 1/2 pt PPR... I think I'm in a BPA area here... I wouldn't be averse to taking a QB honestly. L Jax worries me a bit that a high ankle sprain or something could effectively kill my season... Could also see WR as a good option? Go D Smith?

Advice wanted! :D
My advice is ask if they'll double the pot.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kind of a reach on St. Brown there at 10 (or am I off?)
I'd draft him just for his name. Maybe he pulls off his helmet and it's like a golden jackal head that breathes fire.

"When playing the Game of the Gods I do not use my human form!"

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Bandit alluded to, these sites over rate WRs and add Pitt TE this season.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to have RonDale ahead of Elijah, but damn, ARZ sure didn't need him. Not even sure a short QB can find an even shorter WR on the field. I feel like he is going to go to waste.
Toney is another that might have been hurt by the landing spot. NY has a lot of WRs, and already isn't using their gadget TE.
I have about 12 WRs I'd rather have than St. Brown.
Actually it's more like 18.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to have RonDale ahead of Elijah, but damn, ARZ sure didn't need him. Not even sure a short QB can find an even shorter WR on the field. I feel like he is going to go to waste.
Toney is another that might have been hurt by the landing spot. NY has a lot of WRs, and already isn't using their gadget TE.
I have about 12 WRs I'd rather have than St. Brown.
Actually it's more like 18.
The Jets aren't a appealing landing spot and they signed Corey Davis, Keelan Cole and have Denzel Mims who they drafted in the second round, and Jamison Crowder ( who may be a cap cut). Lets not forget the QB is a rookie of unknown quality ( leading in the poll for most likely to bust).

So hard to envision Elijah shining with the Jets.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets aren't a appealing landing spot and they signed Corey Davis, Keelan Cole and have Denzel Mims who they drafted in the second round, and Jamison Crowder ( who may be a cap cut). Lets not forget the QB is a rookie of unknown quality ( leading in the poll for most likely to bust).

Not if you've seen him. His ability to just get open is comparable to Calvin Ridley. The Jets brought in a lot of parts, but if they were satisfied with those parts, why add Moore with your second rounder? If the Jets mold their offense after Shanahan's which is what it sounds like, this guy is going to outproduce the rest on this team. Yes I am assuming Crowder leaves. Valid point on the QB being a rookie, but he won't stay a rookie.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To pile on top of that, I find it interesting that Wilson is the #4 quarterback listed in all of those rankings yet went #2 overall. I know that part of that is the running of Lance and Fields, but Wilson ran in college too. It just goes to show that nobody has any confidence in Zach Wilson.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.Valid point on the QB being a rookie, but he won't stay a rookie.
But he could be a Josh Rosen, or JaMarcus Russel. Hell he might be slightly lucky and be a Darnold ...but, he's gonna have to be better than a Darnold to make fantasy WRs out of the Jets Corp.
And Mims, and Davis aren't exactly pushovers in the competition for targets. Cole kinda is though..lol. Moore may have a ton of talent, it's just a big hill to climb that other similar options don't have to.