• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing scientific or anything, but arm talent + head talent makes for good potential... and like I said, his QB room last year plus the coach make for good company.
College stats really don’t mean anything.

I remember reading Reich talking about his attitude being special.
No college stays dont, but he semi struggled in college. He got drafted based on his arm and highchool hype.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No college stays dont, but he semi struggled in college. He got drafted based on his arm and highchool hype.

And he was drafted because of his QB interviews with the coach, who I admit my bias might give an extra set of eyes to.

Semi struggled in college? That would mean nothing to me if I was involved in a coaching staff. Plus, his college career was very weird and broken up.

Wentz will have a long leash, but I’m just sayin’, he better leave his sookie and rattle in Philly.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he was drafted because of his QB interviews with the coach, who I admit my bias might give an extra set of eyes to.

Semi struggled in college? That would mean nothing to me if I was involved in a coaching staff. Plus, his college career was very weird and broken up.

Wentz will have a long leash, but I’m just sayin’, he better leave his sookie and rattle in Philly.
True. But his career was brokn well bc he didnt excel...,.

lol on the rest

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in a draft 12 full PPR first pick off the board was J. Chase, followed by Harris. Wow.

It seems like every rookie mock I see Chase either goes 1 or 2 because every "expert" seems to value wide receivers more than every other league I've ever been in does. So much in rookie drafts depend on roster construction though. If you are strong at running back and weak at wide receiver I could see that happening.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like every rookie mock I see Chase either goes 1 or 2 because every "expert" seems to value wide receivers more than every other league I've ever been in does. So much in rookie drafts depend on roster construction though. If you are strong at running back and weak at wide receiver I could see that happening.
Chase did go 1.02 in D2. Think landing spots for some of the RBs has something to do with it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase did go 1.02 in D2. Think landing spots for some of the RBs has something to do with it.

d2 we start 3+ WRs... and its PPR... not surprised he would go 1.2

In D1, we will still be drafting first 5 RBs... even with the bad spots they landed...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this on twitter: There is no chance any rookie draft that I am in goes even close to this way. LOL.

1620101618362.png

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this on twitter: There is no chance any rookie draft that I am in goes even close to this way. LOL.

View attachment 270044
Sure a lot ( most) sites value WRs to high, but that's not new, it's been that way for years. Also every year you hear about some "generational talent" at one position or other, which is sheer cow manure 90% of the time ( or higher).

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my Dynasty League, I'm expecting it to go
1.1 - Harris (Team needs EVERYTHING, and we are still a RB first mentality league)
1.2 - Lawrence - (Team is thin, but good at every position except QB and this team drafted Luck as a rookie and will likely go to the well again)
1.3 and 1.4 - (Guy has both picks and is a bit of an enigma, but he LOVES TEs, so I imagine Pitts will go and probably Chase?)
1.5 - So that leaves me...

My Roster
QB - L Jackson, D Carr, D Lock
RB - D Cook, E Elliott, Swift, CEH, Gaskin, Dam Willams
WR - Hopkins, M Thomas, D Mooney, J Jeudy, D Mims, A Miller
TE - M Andrews, H Hurst
K - Koo, Gano
D - Bears, Colts

We are a 6 pt per passing TD league and 1/2 pt PPR... I think I'm in a BPA area here... I wouldn't be averse to taking a QB honestly. L Jax worries me a bit that a high ankle sprain or something could effectively kill my season... Could also see WR as a good option? Go D Smith?

Advice wanted! :D

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.1 - Harris (Team needs EVERYTHING, and we are still a RB first mentality league)
1.2 - Lawrence - (Team is thin, but good at every position except QB and this team drafted Luck as a rookie and will likely go to the well again)
1.3 and 1.4 - (Guy has both picks and is a bit of an enigma, but he LOVES TEs, so I imagine Pitts will go and probably Chase?)

My Roster
TE - M Andrews, H Hurst
K - Koo, Gano
D - Bears, Colts

We are a 6 pt per passing TD league and 1/2 pt PPR... I think I'm in a BPA area here... I wouldn't be averse to taking a QB honestly. L Jax worries me a bit that a high ankle sprain or something could effectively kill my season... Could also see WR as a good option? Go D Smith?

PPR?

I might entertain trade offers to try and get an established WR. (Might even throw in Clyde with 1.5 to get a good one)

If you think 2.5 will not have a QB you can take, I wouldn’t call it crazy to take your pick at 1.5...but I don’t think I would.

Otherwise, just close your eyes and take Etienne. Deal with trades later.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My Roster
TE - M Andrews, H Hurst
K - Koo, Gano
D - Bears, Colts

yea, your team is already stacked... you have your TE, QB, RBs, and WRs... I would go BPA... I would also be actively trying to trade on of your RBs...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPR?

I might entertain trade offers to try and get an established WR. (Might even throw in Clyde with 1.5 to get a good one)

If you think 2.5 will not have a QB you can take, I wouldn’t call it crazy to take your pick at 1.5...but I don’t think I would.

Otherwise, just close your eyes and take Etienne. Deal with trades later.

Good thoughts. Thanks (Yes, its 1/2 point PPR)...

And I assume if the guy at 1.3 and 1.4 leaves Chase or Pitts, I take them?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Payton
Been trying to cram for my 2 dynasty drafts. Been reading more about these players after the NFL draft about their landing spots. WR history may not be very favorable, but by most accounts i have read, this WR class seems to slide right into starting roles, albeit WR1 or WR2. Whereas most of the RB in this class will need to still beat out incumbants, share touches or start on special teams.
And i think Lamar rebounds confidentially.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thoughts. Thanks (Yes, its 1/2 point PPR)...

And I assume if the guy at 1.3 and 1.4 leaves Chase or Pitts, I take them?

Probably Chase, but Pitts fits your team nicely with Hurst already there (or maybe that doesn’t really matter for TE).

Hard to pass on Chase (and Burrow) long term.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dynasty - are we going to pretend that Sermon doesn't just automatically slide right into that top 10 now? I was bullish before, but now he's got the landing spot too.
Najee, Chase, Waddle, Smith, Pitts clearly the head of the class. Williams fell a bit for me. ETN fell a touch, not below Williams. Sermon gained a ton of ground. Then you have Elijah Moore and Lawrence to round out my top ten.
Unless you really need a QB and worried you may miss out, I don't think Lawrence should be ranked ahead of any of these 9 dudes. So really, Sermon top 9.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dynasty - are we going to pretend that Sermon doesn't just automatically slide right into that top 10 now? I was bullish before, but now he's got the landing spot too.
Najee, Chase, Waddle, Smith, Pitts clearly the head of the class. Williams fell a bit for me. ETN fell a touch, not below Williams. Sermon gained a ton of ground. Then you have Elijah Moore and Lawrence to round out my top ten.
Unless you really need a QB and worried you may miss out, I don't think Lawrence should be ranked ahead of any of these 9 dudes. So really, Sermon top 9.
To be honest, i would agree on Sermon. But Shanny's history of rotating thru a committee of RB is concerning.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, i would agree on Sermon. But Shanny's history of rotating thru a committee of RB is concerning.
I would take note of that, but also we are projecting who is going to be the guy. Mostert is up in age, wasn't healthy last year. Jeff Wilson basically inherited the role through injuries and hasn't shown he can beat out Mostert (yet). So on the surface, SF lets Coleman and McKinnon leave, after pushing Breida out the year before. There is quite a bit of turnover here. Now they spend a decent draft pick, grab a guy in the 3rd who is Coleman sized, but has the skill to run between tackles and not get tripped up by hands and can change directions much better.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sermon wasn't exactly a hot prospect anyone was hoping would land in a great spot to begin with. And as previously mentioned, SF is hardly an ideal landing spot. Usage is just impossible to forecast, and Mostert is still going to be the incumbent.

That being said...after the big 3 RB's, big 3 WR's, Lawrence, and Pitts.. it'd be him or Carter up next, doesn't mean I'd be all the excited about it