• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because i own him in d1 im asking. But hes also a sleeper for me.

Daniel jones.

abysmal last year. Promise as a rookie. Jason garrett year 2. Barkley back. Golladay and rudolph in town. Still has a strong cast with shephard, slayton, engram. Has rushing ability. I actually think their offensive weapons ate vastly underrated and they are quite loaded. Its if if jones can step up. He may end up being crappy for real football but good for fantasy. I feel like he can really break out this year fantasy wise.

thoughts?

thought it was a bad draft pick when they Giants took him, but you hit the nail on the head with the "crappy for real football but good for fantasy"

Like Treff said, I'd be more than happy to have him in the fold as an option, would want a low end QB1 or aging QB (Brady) for some safety to pair with him.

Would hate to see them pull the plug so quickly if he doesn't progress this year, but would totally understand if the Giants Org view this as a make-or-break season for the kid.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda surprised that I've seen 0 movement of Watson in any dynasties so far. I guess the folks with him don't want to cut bait and the inquiring minds prob are offering bottom barrel pieces to bring on the risk
Hasn't moved in any of my leagues. Think most of the Watson owners feel the only thing to do is sit tight and ride it out, because Watson isn't being put on the trade block even.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we're talking 1.10 - 1.16....I'd prob take that gamble
even if that means he sits out 2021 season
1.06-1.09.....I'd have to really be in a hole at QB
1.01 - 1.05...no way in hell, too much risk, and I'd rather have Lawrence with the way the recent news has been going for Watson
Honestly, I'm just not up for going there - we're just not that needy at QB. .... I just keep thinking of guys in similar situations who's careers were completely destroyed by the exact some type thing. .... it's really sad because the kid was a SC state hero and one hell of a ball player. Perhaps we haven't seen the end of him, I hope not - but it sure looks like that is where it's headed and that risk is more than I'd want to take.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda surprised that I've seen 0 movement of Watson in any dynasties so far. I guess the folks with him don't want to cut bait and the inquiring minds prob are offering bottom barrel pieces to bring on the risk
I sent a offer for Watson in a superflex league. I offered Brady for Watson, it got turned down. I figured it was worth a shot as Brady is actually playing this year and Watson future is a ?. Don't blame him for turning it down , since Brady is older then dirt. LOL

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering about the Brees-less Saints. Specifically Michael Thomas.
Researched games Brees did not start.
Brees missed 10 games the last 3 seasons. (9 games in the last 2 seasons.)

Thomas' stats totals in those 10 games:
89 targets (9.9 avg)
72 receptions (8.0 avg)
894 yards (99.3 avg)
3 TD (0.3 avg)

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Athletic's Michael Lombardi reports the Washington Football Team could "unload all their picks" to move up in the NFL Draft and select North Dakota State's Trey Lance.​

Wouldn't that be something? T.Lance would play for @tlance 's hometown team.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this interesting - - - all the more reason to cuff those studs. ...

ESPN's Mike Clay reports 14 running backs played all 32 regular season games from the start of the 2019 NFL season to the end of the 2020 season.​

Here's the thing: None of the 14 backs are starters. It's a remarkable stat demonstrating the attrition rate among those playing football's most brutal position. The 14 running backs were Peyton Barber, Gus Edwards, Nyheim Hines, Ameer Abdullah, D'Ernest Johnson, Devontae Booker, Royce Freeman, Dion Lewis, Mike Boone, Giovani Bernard, Alex Armah, J.D. McKissic, Alec Ingold, and Keith Smith, per Clay. 2020 saw top-tier running backs demolished by injury: Saquon Barkley tore his ACL and missed 14 games; Christian McCaffrey was out 13 games with various ailments; Joe Mixon's foot injury cost him 10 games; Austin Ekeler hurt his hamstring and was out for six weeks; and Chris Carson and Miles Sanders each missed four games. Meanwhile, 20 wide receivers played all 32 games from 2019 to 2020, including Amari Cooper, Robby Anderson, Allen Robinson, DK Metcalf, and Tyler Lockett. The league expanding to a 17-game regular season makes it even more unlikely running backs -- and anyone else in the NFL -- can get through an entire year unscathed.
Question for the board:
With a 17 game schedule on the horizon (along with the above stats), does this change anyone's redraft strategy?
From experience, after securing their starters, most owners start targeting "breakout" and hyped players. I think we see more handcuffing this year.
:noidea:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for the board:
With a 17 game schedule on the horizon (along with the above stats), does this change anyone's redraft strategy?
From experience, after securing their starters, most owners start targeting "breakout" and hyped players. I think we see more handcuffing this year.
Won't be changing anything for me. It'll still come down to roster limitations. If it's a deep bench, I'll cuff if I can. If it's a shallow bench, I won't. Same applies for league size, 10 team, 12 team, likely won't. 14 or bigger, yeah probably will.

And even then, I'm only cuffing obvious handcuffs. I'll cuff Jacobs and Drake, Zeke and Pollard. I'm not cuffing Gordon and ?Boone?, or Akers and half the Rams roster.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:ohwell: rather quiet for the week of the draft.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for the board:

no change for me.

I always cuff when I can and am constantly offering cuffs to owners who have the corresponding RB1.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:ohwell: rather quiet for the week of the draft.
It's rough..no combine..much less hype, and what hype there is, is almost exclusively on the five QB's and wether or not Denver, CHIC, or the Pat's will move up to get one.

I try and get stuff going on the rookie RB's, but it always gets derailed into Miami (or Arz) doesn't need one, and here's why...lol
Oh we'll, I'm sure there will be tons this weekend.

Edit...draft is April 29th...that's next week...thank goodness, as I've got a friggin road trip this weekend

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giants general manager Dave Gettleman said Devontae Booker is a three-down running back.​

I'm sure the S. Barkley owners are worried now. ... :yawning:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giants general manager Dave Gettleman said Devontae Booker is a three-down running back.​

I'm sure the S. Barkley owners are worried now. ... :yawning:
Barkley? Oh, you mean the guy that missed nearly all of 2020... the RB who leads the league in negative rushing yards for loss?
:trash:
No worries.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also sure the Christian McCaffery owners said that last year about Mike Davis considering he wasn't rostered by anybody at the beginning of the year and look how that turned out. Him saying that he's a 3 down back doesn't mean anything if Barkley is healthy, but if he gets hurt that means they won't go to a committee to replace him which would make him a very valuable handcuff. Of course that's only if what he says is true though.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also sure the Christian McCaffery owners said that last year about Mike Davis considering he wasn't rostered by anybody at the beginning of the year and look how that turned out. Him saying that he's a 3 down back doesn't mean anything if Barkley is healthy, but if he gets hurt that means they won't go to a committee to replace him which would make him a very valuable handcuff. Of course that's only if what he says is true though.
Well he did a somewhat admirable spelling Jacobs last year, kinda surprised they let him go in favor of Drake...Booker is a better pass catcher, and comparable in any other way that matters, and of course we're all well aware that he was outplaying CJ Anderson until he got dinged up his rookie year ;)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just made a trade in a dynasty league that put a smile on my face. I traded the 1.02 and K. J. Hamler for the 1.01. Makes me wonder if my trade partner wants to go something other then RB, maybe Chase. If he is going RB that was a risky move, not knowing landing spots yet. In any case should improve my RB corp of Cook, Chubb, then Moss and Lindsey and Gio. It started out when he put Akers on the trade block and I made a offer for him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I feel ashamed that I currently have the same feeling I used to have as a kid on Christmas morning?? Man I love the draft.