• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ADP is any indication... doesnt look as promising through non-milkian eyes.
Or the haze of a smoking monkey.

Well, forget the ADP... the lions are projected to be one of the worst teams in the league...

but often we as fantasy players get the team confused with the offense... the lions are not supposed to be THAT bad because of their offense...

and they have one of the best offensive lines... that by itself will allow the offense to be better than expected...

also, i get that stafford to Goff is a downgrade... but last season they didnt really even have stafford at his best... thanks to the back injury... so i can absolutely see Goff being an upgrade from THAT stafford...

and i dont even think that is even going on a limb...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not ruling out garbage time stats.
Could be the scenario where the Lions are down or out of it, the opposing defense is playing "prevent." I could see Goff and the WR having 300 yard games.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not ruling out garbage time stats.
Could be the scenario where the Lions are down or out of it, the opposing defense is playing "prevent." I could see Goff and the WR having 300 yard games.

garbage time is a big reason... but even without GT i think they are a better offense than they were last season... dont forget Golladay only played 5 games last season... so it is not like they had great WRs around last season...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
garbage time is a big reason... but even without GT i think they are a better offense than they were last season... dont forget Golladay only played 5 games last season... so it is not like they had great WRs around last season...
Maybe i get too hung up on trends... but the Lions need to prove it before i jump in. Too many other reliable players will be available for me to jump on any DET guys.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you got into the hobby, after a couple years, or if you just go gung ho and dive in deep right away, either way..you quickly realize that "fantasy advice" from big nationwide outlets is targeted specifically at the newbs or the casual players. Definitely not the type of stuff someone into it enough to go on to message boards and discuss would be at all intrigued by.
Suppose that’s true… Right around the time fantasy football magazines became useless as well…

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe i get too hung up on trends... but the Lions need to prove it before i jump in. Too many other reliable players will be available for me to jump on any DET guys.

well, other than hockenson and Swift, nobody is really being taken in most leagues...

But i am saying Goff could easily be a top 15 QB, and if that happens someone else besides Hockenson has to step up receiving... Periman is my guy in every deep league i am in... In fact, i have been staring at your D2 team trying to figure out how to get him from you...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bortles - ARob - Hurns garbage time season was fantasy gold, but I'm like Joe, I need to see it before I invest.

I'd rather take my shots elsewhere on draft day, and let the garbage time wonders emerge within the first few weeks.
If you're in deep leagues, sure, why not, everyone has it within their range of outcomes to be fantasy relevant if they're starting on an NFL team. Better shot early in the season to see some production vs guys that are fighting position battles or trying to earn more targets to start the year.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perriman was good for me down the stretch in D2 and bumped me into the playoffs.

Not saying he was the only reason (i.e. Taysom Hill), but i was going nowhere fast. Think i was 13 out 16. Traded with tlance to shake up my team. Next thing you know, a few nobodys decided to peak and then i am the 6th seed.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taysom Hill did the most damage.
Cousins was on fire the last 8 weeks and i was able to use Hill as a TE when he was putting up QB scoring.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF Trying to swing a deal for Stevenson in a league, and hoping he doesn’t do much more then the two TDS he has today. Offering Mooney for him.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF Trying to swing a deal for Stevenson in a league, and hoping he doesn’t do much more then the two TDS he has today. Offering Mooney for him.
Kids good...I'm already feeling the seeds of regret in Bandits D on that trade... :)

I know Mooney wouldn't get him from me two weeks ago, he certainly wouldn't now after those 2 preseason games :suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids good...I'm already feeling the seeds of regret in Bandits D on that trade... :)

I know Mooney wouldn't get him from me two weeks ago, he certainly wouldn't now after those 2 preseason games :suds:
The guy I have the offer out to likely doesn't accept, mostly because he's plum scared to do a deal unless it's a no brainer. However I'm hoping any how.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ceedee lamb hype is deafening. Are we selling amari cooper short?
Fwiw vegas has

amaris line at

88.5 catches(under is getting bet)-1117.5 yards(over is getting bet), 7.5 tds(under is getting significant action)

ceedee lambs line at

80.5 catches(over is getting bet), 1050.5 yards(over is getting bet), 6.5 tds

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints game cancelled because of Ida.
Half the Titans have positive COVID tests. Ya think theyll play the Bears or cancel that game too?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a league (PPR) where I'm gonna be drafting 8th. Doing prep and mocks, Saquan seems to be there a lot but I'm ify given his injuries. What's everyone's thoughts on him? Worth taking? Go another RB? Go with Hill, Adams, Kelce in that spot? I typically like to load up on RBs early but not opposed to those pass catchers if they are the best available.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley has a top overall pick ceiling, but a low floor. Could be great, could bust. I would consider Zeke if he was there. Have seen him fall to that range and I feel more confident about his floor, at least.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a league (PPR) where I'm gonna be drafting 8th. Doing prep and mocks, Saquan seems to be there a lot but I'm ify given his injuries. What's everyone's thoughts on him? Worth taking? Go another RB? Go with Hill, Adams, Kelce in that spot? I typically like to load up on RBs early but not opposed to those pass catchers if they are the best available.
If its PPR i would go Hill or Adams if he fell. Wanna say top 3 RB and WR produced about the same fantasy scoring. Cant pass up a top 3 WR.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley has a top overall pick ceiling, but a low floor. Could be great, could bust. I would consider Zeke if he was there. Have seen him fall to that range and I feel more confident about his floor, at least.

Oh I'd love it if Zeke were there but this league is pretty much knowledgeable players. I don't expect him to get past 5.

If its PPR i would go Hill or Adams if he fell. Wanna say top 3 RB and WR produced about the same fantasy scoring. Cant pass up a top 3 WR.

Fwiw, while it is PPR, its only 2 WRs, 2 RBs, and a flex. Not sure how much that changes it other than I've noticed there's a lot more useable WRs past the first couple of rounds than it is RBs. That's really what's giving me pause. Hill or Adams are basically sure things but I feel like I could theoretically find serviceable production later whereas RB could be a lot harder. So I'm trying to gauge just how much bust factor there really is with Barkley. Giants have been so damn coy with his status all preseason.