• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.4

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Luis Roberts trade at some point this year?

Given the state of the roster and the state of the franchise, this prediction may not qualify as bold. Dylan Cease was dealt away earlier this month and Luis Robert Jr. is the only player with significant trade value still on the roster. The White Sox don't have to trade him -- Robert is under contractual control through 2027 -- but Chicago may not contend before then and it's hard to see owner Jerry Reinsdorf ponying up to keep Robert beyond that. Robert will be the No. 1 prize at the trade deadline and GM Chris Getz will bite the bullet and move him.

As the writer says, perhaps this one isn't so bold. In fact, it kinda makes sense. The big Q tho is what could Getz command in return? To me, it would have to be massive, especially if La Pantera has any kind of season resembling that from last year.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Luis Roberts trade at some point this year?

Given the state of the roster and the state of the franchise, this prediction may not qualify as bold. Dylan Cease was dealt away earlier this month and Luis Robert Jr. is the only player with significant trade value still on the roster. The White Sox don't have to trade him -- Robert is under contractual control through 2027 -- but Chicago may not contend before then and it's hard to see owner Jerry Reinsdorf ponying up to keep Robert beyond that. Robert will be the No. 1 prize at the trade deadline and GM Chris Getz will bite the bullet and move him.

As the writer says, perhaps this one isn't so bold. In fact, it kinda makes sense. The big Q tho is what could Getz command in return? To me, it would have to be massive, especially if La Pantera has any kind of season resembling that from last year.
who the fuck is "La Pantera"? and why do you insist on talking like an 8th grader trying to be cool?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Clevinger is coming back:

My guess is he'll be trade bait around the deadline. But in the meantime, welcome back Mike.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the White Sox collection of misfits, near has beens and AAAA baseball players look around and say - "it's just us now." No one can wait on the supposed top three Sox players - Robert, Moncada and Jimenez to win the game for them. It could loosen them up.

Lenyn Sosa is back up starting at 2nd base - and had a big hit last night. He has hit well at every level - but not yet with his 50 abs in the majors. The Sox DFAed Rodriguez which means they believe in Sosa - now is the time for him to play like a big leaguer.e

One thing is the Sox have so many of the aforementioned categories of players it will take them some time to sort out who can help this season and who can't.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncada out 3-6 months. Guys, we just may have seen the last of him in a White Sox uniform. We hold a club option on him in '25 for 25mil. Don't see even the tiniest of tiny chances of invoking that option.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, revisiting the "blockbuster" sale for kopech/moncada trade . . .
everyone lost.
sale one real good year, for boston one decent year for moncada, and crap for kopech! most of the rest ... injuries.

so jiddy, you can't really complain too much. everyone got hosed!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re going to have the worst record in baseball and be rewarded with the number 10 pick.
you know what? i don't think it makes any difference. sox don't know how to pick players anyway. and they sure as hell don't know how to develop them. so who really cares?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking vaughn! he's GOT to come thru on those plays! man on 3rd one out and he looks at a perfect pitch for strike one misses for strike 2 then watches another perfect pitch for strike 3. he can't field, he can't run so he's GOT to get that run in. he's so fucking disappointing.

Last edited:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking vaughn! he's GOT to come thru on those plays! man on 3rd one out and he looks at a perfect pitch for strike one misses for strike 2 then watches another perfect pitch for strike 3. he can't field, he can't run so he's GOT to get that run in. he's so fucking disappointing.
I'd replace him too.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what? i don't think it makes any difference. sox don't know how to pick players anyway. and they sure as hell don't know how to develop them. so who really cares?

Seeing the Bears (twice!) and Blackhawks get the number 1 pick has been a nice consolation for enduring the garbage teams that led to it. Even if the pick busts, at least you can get excited in the offseason over a can’t miss prospect.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing the Bears (twice!) and Blackhawks get the number 1 pick has been a nice consolation for enduring the garbage teams that led to it. Even if the pick busts, at least you can get excited in the offseason over a can’t miss prospect.
like moncada? lol

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is clear the Sox will not end this season with the same players who started it.

Fingers crossed, but Sheets is hitting like he wants a permanent spot on the team. I'd like to see some guys make a case for a Sox future this season.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, revisiting the "blockbuster" sale for kopech/moncada trade . . .
everyone lost.
sale one real good year, for boston one decent year for moncada, and crap for kopech! most of the rest ... injuries.

so jiddy, you can't really complain too much. everyone got hosed!

Most of our prospects turned out to be duds. It's really a sad story. Anderson and Abreu were the glue. Everyone else is just bad or (in basically Roberts' case) not franchise-swinging.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of our prospects turned out to be duds. It's really a sad story. Anderson and Abreu were the glue. Everyone else is just bad or (in basically Roberts' case) not franchise-swinging.
This is why I was so shocked that Getz was given the promotion. He's been the key to our farm, which has consistently ranked amongst the worst. And so far all he's shown as a GM is that he sucked running the farm.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I was so shocked that Getz was given the promotion. He's been the key to our farm, which has consistently ranked amongst the worst. And so far all he's shown as a GM is that he sucked running the farm.
That we decided to make that man GM and run it back with Grifol can be argued as one of the biggest foreshadowings of a doomed season in professional sports history. Yeah, the roster sucks too...but when they said they're going with those putzes every non-casual fan threw in the towel on 2024. I hope it was worth the money Jerry.