• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.4

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly - if you look that the box scores - it is almost always one pitcher who gives up like 7 runs and the rest 1 run or zero.

I feel much better about our chances now.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job though - making up a fake number of Dodger pitchers. ;)

??? I didn't make that number up. They've trotted 43 different pitchers out to the mound through 14 spring training games.

Last edited:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? I didn't make that number up. They've trotted 43 different pitchers out to the mound through 14 spring training games.
That's your story and you're sticking to it. ;)

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your story and you're sticking to it. ;)

Still more interesting than next year's "The Story of the 2024 White Sox" coming to bookstores near you.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears Getz has added a lot of high level - unproven - high minors like talent - to compete for jobs in Chicago. In theory - I guess - this will set up actual competition and competition will produce better tested and more ready talent. I like the idea, but he has to also establish good talent acquisition practices and player development practices to make it work. If it does work - it will solve Uncle Jerry's cheapskate inclination.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears Getz has added a lot of high level - unproven - high minors like talent - to compete for jobs in Chicago. In theory - I guess - this will set up actual competition and competition will produce better tested and more ready talent. I like the idea, but he has to also establish good talent acquisition practices and player development practices to make it work. If it does work - it will solve Uncle Jerry's cheapskate inclination.
your positivity is inspiring! :rolleyes2:

Last edited:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox ought to make Charlotte get a new ballpark - or the Sox ought to get a new AAA partner. The Sox don't want to send pitchers to Charlotte because it is a bandbox for HRs and the Sox don't want to dent their little egos. Well - Hell's Bells - you can't send all your top pitchers to Birmingham. The Sox have this stockpile of arms/unproven pitchers - and they have to sort them out and develop them.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox ought to make Charlotte get a new ballpark - or the Sox ought to get a new AAA partner. The Sox don't want to send pitchers to Charlotte because it is a bandbox for HRs and the Sox don't want to dent their little egos. Well - Hell's Bells - you can't send all your top pitchers to Birmingham. The Sox have this stockpile of arms/unproven pitchers - and they have to sort them out and develop them.
what the sox HAVE to do and what the sox do are two completely different things.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the sox HAVE to do and what the sox do are two completely different things.
The revolution will be televised. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The picture I get is Getz wants his starters to go 6 or 7 innings and his position players to play good defense and have good OBPs. Going deep into a 9-inning game is more important than strike out totals (No Cease's please). Batters have to put the ball in play and not chase pitches. If you can't field - Getz can't use you much.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised to learn that Mike Clevinger remains unsigned. I thought he put together some fairly decent numbers last season with the Sox, especially considring the team he had playing behind him on the field. He'd make for a good bridge starter as the younger, less experienced pitchers get their feet wet and could also be trade fodder at the deadline. I'd like to see him return to the fold.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised to learn that Mike Clevinger remains unsigned. I thought he put together some fairly decent numbers last season with the Sox, especially considring the team he had playing behind him on the field. He'd make for a good bridge starter as the younger, less experienced pitchers get their feet wet and could also be trade fodder at the deadline. I'd like to see him return to the fold.
I think the Clevenger allegations made by his ex-girlfriend are still a stigma that impacts his MLB value. I'd re-sign him for the right price - he's probably looking for the $12 million or better he got from the Sox last year - he's not going to get that much this year.

Whoever the Sox sign to bulk up the starting pitching will be with an eye on flipping that contract at the trade deadline - and bringing up rookie pitchers like - Nastrini - Thorpe - Eder - Bush - Shuster or Horn. Getz/Bannister have it set up so the Sox only need to hit on 25% of their high level pitching prospects to staff a rotation.

I'm guessing Soroka will be the opening day starter. Garrett Crochet looks like he might make the rotation, but I think the Sox will limit his innings and be a #5 starter.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Clevenger allegations made by his ex-girlfriend are still a stigma that impacts his MLB value. .
Good point because at face value, it would otherwise make sense that he'd be under contract by now.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped by a thrift store today and bought some old Donruss baseball packs that they were selling for a buck a piece for the hell of it...For you Baseball card guys: Any of these worth a damn:

Cards1.jpg

Here's the White Sox ones I thought were cool (LOL Donn Pall)

Cards2.jpg

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd try to get hold of an old Sammy Sosa pic. It would have to be super valuable. Here's why:

1710616292208.png

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped by a thrift store today and bought some old Donruss baseball packs that they were selling for a buck a piece for the hell of it...For you Baseball card guys: Any of these worth a damn:

Cards1.jpg

Here's the White Sox ones I thought were cool (LOL Donn Pall)

Cards2.jpg
guessing these are reprints . . . making them worthless'

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Clevenger allegations made by his ex-girlfriend are still a stigma that impacts his MLB value. I'd re-sign him for the right price - he's probably looking for the $12 million or better he got from the Sox last year - he's not going to get that much this year.

Whoever the Sox sign to bulk up the starting pitching will be with an eye on flipping that contract at the trade deadline - and bringing up rookie pitchers like - Nastrini - Thorpe - Eder - Bush - Shuster or Horn. Getz/Bannister have it set up so the Sox only need to hit on 25% of their high level pitching prospects to staff a rotation.

I'm guessing Soroka will be the opening day starter. Garrett Crochet looks like he might make the rotation, but I think the Sox will limit his innings and be a #5 starter.
doubt if anyone gives a shit about those allegations.