• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Key Dates to Know in the NFL Offseason:​

February 23 – March 9: Franchise & Transition Tags

February 23 marks the first day for teams to designate Franchise or Transition Players. This is a two-week period that ends on March 9 at 4 pm ET.

March 15 – 17: Legal negotiating window ahead of NFL Free Agency
For a few days before the new league year and free agency officially starts, teams are allowed to contact and enter into contract negotiations with agents of players who will become unrestricted free agents on March 17.

March 17: New League Year Begins & Free Agency

The 2021 NFL league year starts at 4 pm ET on March 17. Teams can begin to sign new free agents and trades can become official.

April 5: Hello, New Coaches

The seven teams that hired a new head coach (Atlanta, Detroit, Houston, Jacksonville, LA Chargers, NY Jets & Philadelphia) can begin offseason workout programs.

April 19: Welcome Back All Coaches

All other teams can now start offseason workout programs.

April 29 – May 1: The 2021 NFL Draft from Cleveland, Ohio

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be interesting to see what teams are willing to throw at the Texans in this whole thing, because it's going to be such a fine line between not offering enough and giving up so much to get him that he doesn't want to waive is no trade clause since the team would have no chance of improving because they gave up so much in the process to get him. There were rumors that Carolina was willing to give up three 1sts and Christian McCaffery. I mean I get that everybody thinks running backs are expendable right now, but why in the hell would Watson move to another terrible team that now has no first rounders for the next few years and just got rid of their best player?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be interesting to see what teams are willing to throw at the Texans in this whole thing, because it's going to be such a fine line between not offering enough and giving up so much to get him that he doesn't want to waive is no trade clause since the team would have no chance of improving because they gave up so much in the process to get him. There were rumors that Carolina was willing to give up three 1sts and Christian McCaffery. I mean I get that everybody thinks running backs are expendable right now, but why in the hell would Watson move to another terrible team that now has no first rounders for the next few years and just got rid of their best player?
That just sounds like a totally insane price to me. .....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That just sounds like a totally insane price to me. .....
I agree.
To be honest, I tend to flip-flop on the aggressiveness to pursue a QB.
Like you said it can devastate a franchise by removing draft capitol.
But it can also provide a solid foundation to build around.
Free agency can help a team with no draft picks.
It's not like Jacksonville has gotten better with high first-round draft picks.
And Chicago (Ryan Pace) hasn't done that great with his draft picks either.

This is just me: I feel an upper-tier QB will give a team an advantage in free agency too. Moreso than say a key defensive player like Khalil Mack. Sure some players chase after the money, but some players go where there is stability. I get that Nagy's job is on the line, but landing Watson or Wilson would make a destination like Chicago a lot more attractive than if Nick Foles were at the helm.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franchise tags - Godwin, Robinson
No tag - Golladay, H. Henry, Carson

Still 2 hrs to go. .....

Last edited:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins are "expected to show considerable interest" in free agent Kenny Golladay.​

This may be biased but I can only think of 2 worse fates for the guy - BAL and NYJ. .... why MIA you ask? one word Tua. ...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins are "expected to show considerable interest" in free agent Kenny Golladay.​

This may be biased but I can only think of 2 worse fates for the guy - BAL and NYJ. .... why MIA you ask? one word Tua. ...
Jets might strike gold at 1.2 with QB...might blow it

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets might strike gold at 1.2 with QB...might blow it
Well, QB play could certainly be better since Darnold is just ok - - but that 1.2 isn't gonna replace the oline, get a RB, full the defensive holes, and upgrade the WR core. ... I just view the whole team as average to below across the board. ....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I put this on the wrong post. ....​

Packers re-signed RB Aaron Jones to a four-year, $48 million contract.​

After the Packers chose not to place the franchise tag on Jones, it looked like the electric back would be forced into testing the waters of free agency. Following some extra time at the negotiating table, Jones will be staying in Green Bay for the next four seasons if he's able to play out the length of the contract. The deal includes a $13 million signing bonus.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I put this on the wrong post. ....​

Packers re-signed RB Aaron Jones to a four-year, $48 million contract.​

After the Packers chose not to place the franchise tag on Jones, it looked like the electric back would be forced into testing the waters of free agency. Following some extra time at the negotiating table, Jones will be staying in Green Bay for the next four seasons if he's able to play out the length of the contract. The deal includes a $13 million signing bonus.
At least you didn't put it in the "completely non FF random thoughts", or the "Hockey talk, if needed" one

Edited....oh wait...nevermind...lol

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs reports Andy Dalton "could be headed to the Bears" as the next quarterback domino to fall.​

Washington Football Team signed QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, formerly of the Dolphins, to a one-year, $10 million contract.
------------------------------
And sadly, both will be upgrades over what they've had in recent yrs. .....

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs reports Andy Dalton "could be headed to the Bears" as the next quarterback domino to fall.​

Washington Football Team signed QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, formerly of the Dolphins, to a one-year, $10 million contract.
------------------------------
And sadly, both will be upgrades over what they've had in recent yrs. .....

I'd say Dalton is on par with what we have/had. He's pretty Foles-esque IMO...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Bears,

Next time you want a particular quarterback, DRAFT HIM INSTEAD OF PAYING OUT THE NOSE TO MOVE UP ONE SPOT AND TAKE A DIFFERENT ONE!

Disrespectfully,

Your Fanbase
I am good with their current operating procedures

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance thoughts on fitzpatrick? Curious seems skins fans were all in in heinecke whose been cut routinely, but had the game of his life this year, or mariota or darnold....all guys who have quite frankly stunk. But are upset with washed up fitzmagic.....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance thoughts on fitzpatrick? Curious seems skins fans were all in in heinecke whose been cut routinely, but had the game of his life this year, or mariota or darnold....all guys who have quite frankly stunk. But are upset with washed up fitzmagic.....

is Fitz going to win games in the playoffs? unlikely
but he'll definitely throw that ball up and down the field all day long, and should create some excitement in the franchise while mentoring a younger QB

he's the perfect bridge QB

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Fitz going to win games in the playoffs? unlikely
but he'll definitely throw that ball up and down the field all day long, and should create some excitement in the franchise while mentoring a younger QB

he's the perfect bridge QB
Is heinecke or mariota really gonna win?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is heinecke or mariota really gonna win?
I'd bet on Marriota over the other options, but I sure wouldn't bet much on him. And if a Titans/Ravens style running game is the goal, which their moves would point to, I'd definitely take Mariotta over the other options, and unlike Cam, he can still throw the ball, mostly accurate,, further than five feet

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet on Marriota over the other options, but I sure wouldn't bet much on him. And if a Titans/Ravens style running game is the goal, which their moves would point to, I'd definitely take Mariotta over the other options, and unlike Cam, he can still throw the ball, mostly accurate,, further than five feet
Agreed, but like u said your not betting much. My point is skins fans thought he was an answer but fitz is awful?!