• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Defense

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be for ksu more than anyone else because he might have heard things we might not have from the OTAs. I have this sense that we are going to go rookie/rookie at the safeties. Has anyone heard or read other than Cody Davis the UFA, that Brendon McGee will move over and play opposite McDonald? I just have a feeling and I don't know why.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blue, I tend to agree with you, especially now that we avoided re-signing Mickell thus far. I did hear hear Stewart will be given an opportunity. I would like to see us bring in a veteran to mentor. But of course, I wouldn't want to over pay him.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the subject, but...

LOVE THE AVATAR, TEB11!!!:clap:

That takes me back to my middle school days! I cut that page out of Sports Illustrated (The article was titled "Fast and Loose") and had it hung over the desk in my bedroom for years, until I graduated high school... then I took it down and hung it in my first dorm room at college.

Somewhere, in my mom's house (unless she maybe threw it away. I'm not sure) there's a manilla folder with a bunch of Los Angeles Rams clippings from various magazines (Sports Illustrated, Street & Smith's, Sporting News, etc) with fun-tack stuck to the back of the corners. Lol.

Sorry 'bout the off-topic rant... but, man did that take me back! :happyshake:

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue - McGee has impressed Fisher at OTA's. He's playing safety and the nickel packages. McGee is covering Austin and they have been battling with McGee breaking up a few passes intended for Austin.

McGee thought he would go in the third round of the draft so he's playing with a chip on his shoulder. Fisher says that McGee is confirming everything the staff saw of him on tape. McGee is very happy to be with the Rams coaches and program.

NorthsideRamFan

CBS Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue, I probably don't have the inside connects of ksu, but MY inside connection (Joe Thomas) lol says "The St. Louis Rams still haven't removed free agent S Quintin Mikell's nameplate from over his locker, which is in indication that they'll still resign him."!!

Now as far as them starting McGee as a safety along with McDonald..... that could be something to watch for. There's a local undrafted kid named Robert Steeples that is doing all he can to make the team. He played mainly nickel and dime at Missouri and at 6'2 190 could probably line up outside (he did it his final year as a transfer to Memphis). The emergence of Steeples COULD make McGee's time at FS a more permanent one, if they are in fact thinking about playing him there. Keep an ear out for tryout CB Andre Martin too. Anything could be in play right now. On another note, there's also talk that former Jaguars LB Darryl Washington could be a possible late veteran signing. I've HEARD that C dub has only been receiving 1yr/1M type deals too....... would you take him? #TalkToMe

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for all the insite. I haven't heard of Robert Steeples, I will look him up and keep listening. I also agree with TEB about a veteran somewhere. Little scary about both rookies at safety. Athletic ability goes some of the way but instincts and experience account for a lot.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we start Leroy Irvin and Rod Perry as rookies at corner? If so, I have no problem putting two mean and nasty rooks back there at Safety to start the season. I am fairly certain we have enough talent that signing Mikell would only be as a mentor/stop-gap measure.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Steeples a lot at MU and was sad to see him go. His transfer was purely based on playing time. Since their freshman year together Kip Edwards was in front of him on the depth chart and there was no way EJ Gaines was coming off the field. With the move to the SEC for his senior season we weren't going to be seeing spread offenses so the extra CBs weren't going to see as much time. It's an understandable reason to leave and if I was to venture a guess I wouldn't bet against him making the team.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go!!! OGLETREE!! OGLETREE!

I hope we hit on Ole McDonald and McGee. Both impressed at rookie camps last weekend, but we have a long way to go. Anxious to see how Shamarko and Terry Hawthorne end up after 2013 is complete.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oletree and McGee. Lots of eeee's but you are right SJ, damn good football players at least from the OTA camp last week-end.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You nailed it Blue... Davis and McGee were the talk of OTA's. In fact, Chuck Cecil intimated that they BOTH may have passed Stewart on the depth chart. I still like Trumaine Johnson as a nickel CB, so it would not surprise me come week one to see McDonald,Davis and McGee all rotating in the 2 safety spots with Stewart as the Special Teams captain and 4th safety.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue, I probably don't have the inside connects of ksu, but MY inside connection (Joe Thomas) lol says "The St. Louis Rams still haven't removed free agent S Quintin Mikell's nameplate from over his locker, which is in indication that they'll still resign him."!!

Northside, do you mean JIM Thomas of STL Post Dispatch?? I used to see him around the office when I was at 101ESPN..I have since moved over to KMOX/Y98, doing sports on KMOX and playing DJ on Y98 on weekends!! Having a BLAST. I still talk to Bernie,Burwell,Karraker,D'Marco,Savard...all those guys. You never burn bridges with contacts like that!! :O)

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we have some really good young talent in the d-backfield that we do not need to resign Mikell unless the injury bug hits.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we have guys progressing, use that money wisely for more help elsewhere, say OL of OLB.:2cents:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Northside, do you mean JIM Thomas of STL Post Dispatch?? I used to see him around the office when I was at 101ESPN..I have since moved over to KMOX/Y98, doing sports on KMOX and playing DJ on Y98 on weekends!! Having a BLAST. I still talk to Bernie,Burwell,Karraker,D'Marco,Savard...all those guys. You never burn bridges with contacts like that!! :O)

jelly sir very jelly:peep:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we have some really good young talent in the d-backfield that we do not need to resign Mikell unless the injury bug hits.

My though is that if he comes cheap it would be good to have some experience on the back end. Would have to come cheap.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id like Mikell on the team just for continuity. He was in on 101 tackles/assists last year and had 3 sacks.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSU I love the Av man. Good work. And tell big bernie to stop kissin Dewitt's ass. Twinkie lovin sob.