• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers at Rams

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming off back to back losses, this win seemed improbable to me. No Deebo, no Juice, no Jennings, missing 5 starters on defense too. But the Niners just have the Rams’s number.

OFFENSE
Bad Jimmy didn’t show up. Instead, we got about the best game out of Jimmy this season. 21 of 25 for 235yds and 2 TDs. Very efficient. His lack of armstrength showed up when Ray Ray was open for a deep TD, but Jimmy’s pass wasn’t deep enough, allowing the pass to be broken up. Still, no turnovers, so he did his job and did it well.
--The TD to Kittle was WAY late. Kittle was open for half of the route and Jimmy waited until Kittle was about covered before throwing the ball.
--He threw a certain INT to Ramsey, but he dropped it.

The story of the day was CMC. 18 carries for 94 yards and a TD. 8 catches for 55yds and a TD. And 1 pass for 34yds and a TD.
--He showed incredible burst around the corner and great vision.
--His TD catch was on a broken play where he high-pointed the ball like a WR.
--He fumbled the ball during one carry and we got very lucky that Ray Ray recovered it.
--Someone has to tell Kyle that he can’t give CMC 25-30 touches every game like this or else his new toy will break. He should’ve rotated Wilson in a little more. I was shocked to see that when the game was over and the Rams had given up, Kyle still had CMC out there running out the clock by running between the tackles with just a few minutes left. That was stooopid. Why wasn’t Wilson getting those carries?

Aiyuk had a good game, going 6 catches for 81yds and a TD (his 3rd straight game with at least 6 catches and 80yds). Dwelley was open on a busted coverage for 56yards that turned out to be a backbreaking play for the Rams. Kittle had 3 catches for 39yds and a TD and was a great blocker.

Banks had a pretty solid day out there (he’s been a pleasant surprise this season). McGlinchey did not. He gave up 2 sacks…again. This time both came in the same drive. He’s been the shakiest OLineman we’ve got season.

DEFENSE
We went into the game missing 5 starters on defense and we still won (DT, DT, LB, LB, CB). The defense finally had a good game despite that handicap.
--The Rams couldn’t run the ball (but that’s not a surprise, as they can barely run the ball anyway).
--They couldn't pass the ball in the 2nd half.
--Bosa and Warner both had sacks in the 2nd half when the D turned up the blitzing.
--Yes, Allowed Kupp to get 8 catches for 79yds and a TD, but he only had 1 catch in the 2nd half
--Rams’s offense had less than 50 total yards in the 2nd half.

I have to say that for the maybe the first itme this season, Kyle and Ryans both made the right halftime adjustments. Both the O and the D played much better in the 2nd half. The O scoring several times and the D shutting down the Rams (Kupp had 1 catch in the 2nd half). Penalties hurts us in the first half, but disappeared in the 2nd.

For a change, there were no injuries to report from this game. Next week is a bye, so hopefully, we can get back some of these injuries players like Armstead, Greenlaw, Deebo, etc. Not to mention maybe Mitchell and Verrett will be ready for game reps for the first time this season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No turnovers and few penalties (the larger ones) makes for a win. Granted, there could've easily been an INT and fumble. JG played at his ceiling so there it is. KS actually called a few deep passes and some to the sidelines, i like it.

Good point on injuries but why was CMC and Kittle still playing the last series?