• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders 2015/2016 season

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok then let's take a look at your team. Let's start with the most important player on the team in Derek Carr. Last year on a per play basis Carr graded out as the 2nd worst player in the league only ahead of Blake Bortles. He also showed regression as the season went on which is a sign that defenses really began to figure out what the Raiders wanted to do and what the limitations were of Carr.

Last year one of Carr's worst parts of his game was that of throwing while under pressure. He finished as the worst QB in the league when under pressure having a QB Rating of 57 in such situations. He threw as many picks when under pressure as he did without pressure and that was with 205 fewer snaps. So very high interception percentage in that situation. When you throw in that he plays in one of the best divisions for pass rush with the Chiefs boasting the best pass rusher in the NFL and the Broncos boasting two of the top-10 pass rushers in the league that doesn't bode well for Carr doing well against the Broncos or the Chiefs. When you throw in he just lost Watson who graded out as one of the Raiders best pass blockers so far in the preseason that will mean more pressure coming his way.

Throw in I don't buy the whole "he had terrible weapons and that is why he struggled last year." This past year was one of the worst scoring offenses in Raiders history and that is with rules being favorable to QB's. The Raiders haven't had great weapons over the last 13 years really yet those offenses were able to produce more than this one last year.

Now to me while the defense definitely looks improved this year the offense so far just looks about as bad as last year. Cooper looks like a nice weapon but beyond him nobody else has really shown much. OL wise they have been very up and down so far. Carr as I pointed out above has made some nice throws but for the most part he has shown exactly what he did last year that when he has a clean pocket he looks like a competent QB and when things don't go perfect he is about as bad as it gets in this league.
You worry to much about the past cd, it's all about the now.. CARR was a rookie that was suppose to sit last year, and play this year.. But nope he played all 16!! Now he has a year under his belt, with Ankle Breaker COOP in tow.. Oh let's not forget the wall in front of him either.. Your not going to break through the Oakland wall bro..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will just have to see. When under pressure in the Arizona game though he had a QB Rating of 9.6. I didn't even know that was possible to have a score that low. Like you said this is a new season. I was just answering your question of what I have seen and why I think the Broncos are still the class of the AFC West. Until proven otherwise that is still the case.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will just have to see. When under pressure in the Arizona game though he had a QB Rating of 9.6. I didn't even know that was possible to have a score that low. Like you said this is a new season. I was just answering your question of what I have seen and why I think the Broncos are still the class of the AFC West. Until proven otherwise that is still the case.
Im not tripping on Carr, just like your not tripping on PM.. Oh and ive already said, you have what we want..
THE AFC WEST!! Nothing else in football matters.. Cmon cd, let's put a show on for all to see..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not tripping on Carr, just like your not tripping on PM.. Oh and ive already said, you have what we want..
THE AFC WEST!! Nothing else in football matters.. Cmon cd, let's put a show on for all to see..

Like was said this is preseason. Struggling in preseason doesn't mean failure in the season. Throw 3 games and a lot more playing time Manning and the Broncos offense had only put up something like 13 or 17 points back in 2013. Manning then went on to break just about every record out there for a QB that season. So yes all of this has to be taken in perspective. You know for me I am not sold on Carr. I think he is a decent QB but not ever going to be a great QB. He is better than anything not named Palmer that the Raiders have had in a long time but I see him as a middle tier type guy. Now he obviously can prove me wrong as I have been wrong plenty of times in my thoughts on players. Heck I was ticked at the Broncos draft pick last year in the 1st round and then the kid went out and had a great rookie season and has looked even better this preseason. I am very happy to be wrong on that one. I wish I was wrong on Khalil Mack though. You know what I said before the draft last year in I would trade every pick I had to get him and so far he has proven why I felt that way. So I have been hit and miss in my thoughts on players.

Anyway no matter if we sweep you or not the games should be a little more competitive than they have been of recent memory.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like was said this is preseason. Struggling in preseason doesn't mean failure in the season. Throw 3 games and a lot more playing time Manning and the Broncos offense had only put up something like 13 or 17 points back in 2013. Manning then went on to break just about every record out there for a QB that season. So yes all of this has to be taken in perspective. You know for me I am not sold on Carr. I think he is a decent QB but not ever going to be a great QB. He is better than anything not named Palmer that the Raiders have had in a long time but I see him as a middle tier type guy. Now he obviously can prove me wrong as I have been wrong plenty of times in my thoughts on players. Heck I was ticked at the Broncos draft pick last year in the 1st round and then the kid went out and had a great rookie season and has looked even better this preseason. I am very happy to be wrong on that one. I wish I was wrong on Khalil Mack though. You know what I said before the draft last year in I would trade every pick I had to get him and so far he has proven why I felt that way. So I have been hit and miss in my thoughts on players.

Anyway no matter if we sweep you or not the games should be a little more competitive than they have been of recent memory.
Struggling in preseason does not mean failure for PM but it does for 2 year Phenom Carr right cd?? Carr for not yet being in step with his WRs had the lead in all 3 of his preseason games before he went to the bench..He will be alright!! Now on the other hand?? PM did NOT look good at all, no zip, happy feet, cuz he knows his OL is going to get him hurt.. Oakland will hurt him if that OL plays like that..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Struggling in preseason does not mean failure for PM but it does for 2 year Phenom Carr right cd?? Carr for not yet being in step with his WRs had the lead in all 3 of his preseason games before he went to the bench..He will be alright!! Now on the other hand?? PM did NOT look good at all, no zip, happy feet, cuz he knows his OL is going to get him hurt.. Oakland will hurt him if that OL plays like that..

That is not what I said. Manning has proven that he can play in this league at a very high level. Carr at this point still has a ton to prove. Now yes maybe Manning is showing signs of being washed up and we will have to see if that plays out this season. AT this point though I am more confident in Manning looking like Manning than for Carr to rise up and look like a top-10 QB in this league. Again I can be proven wrong and have on many occasions. I am not the end all be all of NFL knowledge. I am just going off of what I have seen and right now for me Carr has some parts of his game that you have to like but some other parts that if I was a Raiders fan would have me scared to death. To me he is showing this preseason once again that if you get pressure on him he caves. You say he has a brick wall in front of him but I have seen plenty of times this preseason of teams getting through to him. And like I said the Raiders play in a division with some of the best pass rushers in the entire league. If pressure is his criptonite then that probably doesn't end well for him in those games.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry about being wrong, we all wrong at times.. Push forward never backwards..
Pressure is the FEAR that all QBs face.. PM folds when the pressure is on him, they all do at one time or another..
When the soon to be BEST D player in the league is coming at you, you will fold.. Again cd, Carr does have alot to prove, heck EVERY 2nd year player does.. It's not a finished product dude like PM and others, it's still a process in the making.. You load him up with talent and a wall around him, and let him grow.. You think a 2nd year player is a finished product?? That's silly man..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idaho I don't think you are understanding what I said. We both agree that a 2nd year player is far from being a finished product. I said that after his rookie year and what I have seen this preseason I am still holding to my thought that I don't think Carr will be anything more than an average QB in this league. Just because I think that doesn't mean he can't grow into something more.

Also when did you guys get JJ Watt? I must have missed that trade.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idaho I don't think you are understanding what I said. We both agree that a 2nd year player is far from being a finished product. I said that after his rookie year and what I have seen this preseason I am still holding to my thought that I don't think Carr will be anything more than an average QB in this league. Just because I think that doesn't mean he can't grow into something more.

Also when did you guys get JJ Watt? I must have missed that trade.
cd you judged already, your mind is made up.. You see Carr as a finished product.. And that's ok dude, im not going to trip, your a Denver Fan after all..
Dude?? Did you see where i said soon to be?? Mack Attack is a MONSTER man!! And to think?? That cat is just a 2nd year player, that's starting to learn the game.. Mack Attack > JJ Watt..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd you judged already, your mind is made up.. You see Carr as a finished product.. And that's ok dude, im not going to trip, your a Denver Fan after all..
Dude?? Did you see where i said soon to be?? Mack Attack is a MONSTER man!! And to think?? That cat is just a 2nd year player, that's starting to learn the game.. Mack Attack > JJ Watt..

You are right I am making a judgment but with the understanding that I can be completely wrong on this as he does have plenty of time to develop and prove me wrong. I will be interested to see what the Raiders would do though say they finish with another top-5 pick this year with what many are considering a very good QB group coming up this next year. Obviously a top-5 pick means that Carr most likely didn't play all that well so again going to be interesting to see what the Raiders would do if that situation presented itself.

As for Mack he has proven to be a monster in the run game. I still need to see more from him in the pass game but obviously this preseason he is showing his game has possibly grown especially in that department. He has a long ways to go to catch Watt though. Watt is on a whole different level than any other defensive player in the league. He is the Rodgers of defensive players in everybody knows he is the best and it isn't even debatable.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right I am making a judgment but with the understanding that I can be completely wrong on this as he does have plenty of time to develop and prove me wrong. I will be interested to see what the Raiders would do though say they finish with another top-5 pick this year with what many are considering a very good QB group coming up this next year. Obviously a top-5 pick means that Carr most likely didn't play all that well so again going to be interesting to see what the Raiders would do if that situation presented itself.

As for Mack he has proven to be a monster in the run game. I still need to see more from him in the pass game but obviously this preseason he is showing his game has possibly grown especially in that department. He has a long ways to go to catch Watt though. Watt is on a whole different level than any other defensive player in the league. He is the Rodgers of defensive players in everybody knows he is the best and it isn't even debatable.
It would be crazy if you were in that spot as well, would you take the QB?? And believe it can happen.. I don't buy Denver this year.. Vegas is going to clean up.. So tell me would you take the QB??
Mack is just starting his career, he's just scratching the surface of what he can be!! And already one of the best D players in the game.. DEFENSE END!! Who had the highest rating this preseason out of any player??

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta jet dude.. If you leave a reply, i will get back at ya..
Oh, what makes a person a badazz?? Someone that stands by what they believe right or wrong.. Oh?? And of course, sporting SILVER AND BLACK..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you my SN that Denver WILL NOT sweep OAKLAND!! Some things are worth more than paper..
We split, i take your SN.. It's 2 games at 50\50.. Im down with that..
There's only one other SN i would bet?? Girlfriend!! Ya know where im at baby.. Come to me..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be crazy if you were in that spot as well, would you take the QB?? And believe it can happen.. I don't buy Denver this year.. Vegas is going to clean up.. So tell me would you take the QB??
Mack is just starting his career, he's just scratching the surface of what he can be!! And already one of the best D players in the game.. DEFENSE END!! Who had the highest rating this preseason out of any player??

Well it would depend on whether the team believed in Osweiler being the man moving forward. I would definitely think about taking a QB though as it is nice to have somebody locked up for 5 years at a very cheap contract so they could maybe sit a year with Osweiler starting then trade Osweiler if he has a great year then start the guy his 2nd year. Also would depend on what other players are available.

As for the bet are you talking about my screen picture? That whoever wins the bet gets to pick the picture the other has to show for a while? IF so then yeah I am in on that bet.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it would depend on whether the team believed in Osweiler being the man moving forward. I would definitely think about taking a QB though as it is nice to have somebody locked up for 5 years at a very cheap contract so they could maybe sit a year with Osweiler starting then trade Osweiler if he has a great year then start the guy his 2nd year. Also would depend on what other players are available.

As for the bet are you talking about my screen picture? That whoever wins the bet gets to pick the picture the other has to show for a while? IF so then yeah I am in on that bet.
Hello cd.. If we have a top5 pick, i would want the D player from OSU.. Cuz Carr has the tools, and will get his contract in Oakland..

Nah cd.. The bet would be for cdumler7 and idahoraiderfan33.. That's a hard bet to make, both SNs are known and cool.. One would go RIP.. It's cool if you don't want to roll those dice.. I won't bring it up again.. Its open to girlfriend though.. Sooo why no mention of TRICH?? You always bring the news..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello cd.. If we have a top5 pick, i would want the D player from OSU.. Cuz Carr has the tools, and will get his contract in Oakland..

Nah cd.. The bet would be for cdumler7 and idahoraiderfan33.. That's a hard bet to make, both SNs are known and cool.. One would go RIP.. It's cool if you don't want to roll those dice.. I won't bring it up again.. Its open to girlfriend though.. Sooo why no mention of TRICH?? You always bring the news..

I'm pretty sure you can't change the name of somebody on here. What you start with is what you are stuck with unless you can get special permission from hammer. Now your Avi is definitely something that can be changed. Unfortunately I already have a bet going with some Ravens fans for that.

As for who I would take Bosa definitely looks good. I would also look OL though as nothing better for Osweiler than having a stout OL that can both run block and pass block. So with that Laremy Tunsil of Ole Miss would fit in perfectly with our ZBS. I would be interested though to see who the Broncos have play RT and who they would have play LT since they used a 2nd round pick on Sambrailo from CSU just this past draft and he is our starting LT. Another guy I am interested to see what he does this year is A'Shawn Robinson of Alabama. The guy is huge yet actually very quick for his size. I wouldn't mind seeing him come in and compete for the DL.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure you can't change the name of somebody on here. What you start with is what you are stuck with unless you can get special permission from hammer. Now your Avi is definitely something that can be changed. Unfortunately I already have a bet going with some Ravens fans for that.

As for who I would take Bosa definitely looks good. I would also look OL though as nothing better for Osweiler than having a stout OL that can both run block and pass block. So with that Laremy Tunsil of Ole Miss would fit in perfectly with our ZBS. I would be interested though to see who the Broncos have play RT and who they would have play LT since they used a 2nd round pick on Sambrailo from CSU just this past draft and he is our starting LT. Another guy I am interested to see what he does this year is A'Shawn Robinson of Alabama. The guy is huge yet actually very quick for his size. I wouldn't mind seeing him come in and compete for the DL.
Cool, let's forget about it.. Ya Bosa is one BAD DUDE!! Urban Myer has an NFL Factory for sure.. And you can never have enough OL.. And Reggie already doing some work on some Saban players.. The next crop of draft picks on deck this week..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo, Jon Gruden says Raiders to LA is pretty much a DONE DEAL.. Hmmmmm.. ESPN Cred on the LINE!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool, let's forget about it.. Ya Bosa is one BAD DUDE!! Urban Myer has an NFL Factory for sure.. And you can never have enough OL.. And Reggie already doing some work on some Saban players.. The next crop of draft picks on deck this week..

I'm always leery of Alabama players. Some have played well but a huge chunk have really struggled that have been taken in the 1st round. From what I understand Saban pushes his guys harder than any other team in college football so when they come into the league they don't have as much left in the tank as some other players. Can't argue with the championship pedigree though of that organization.

I do think though that Ohio State over the next couple of years will be producing the most 1st round picks of any team in the league. Heck they are expected to possibly have 3 of the top-10 picks in this next draft. Have to see how the season plays out obviously but it could get interesting. I'm also interested to see what happens at the QB position for Ohio State. They have ridiculous depth at that position with 3 guys that at different times have been considered 1st round type players.