• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders 2015/2016 season

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freakin SILVER AND BLACK!! You want some, come and GET some!! We should of BLOWN this Playoff team out in the first half!! The timing ain't right yet!! We still NEED WORK!! Carson had a hard time with the RAIDER D!!
It's a young team, it will get better..
We NEED to keep working HARD!! Without hard work, you NEVER get what ya want!!

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted last season the Raiders would turn it around. They are looking good tonight. The Cardinals are a really good team. I used to hate them when we had a rivalry many years ago. But after all these years in football purgatory its hard to not root for them.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted last season the Raiders would turn it around. They are looking good tonight. The Cardinals are a really good team. I used to hate them when we had a rivalry many years ago. But after all these years in football purgatory its hard to not root for them.
Right on..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things that left a sour taste in my mouth.. Watson getting hurt, and that can't be fixed man.. He's ready when he's ready.. And the CARR pick 6!! Now that can be fixed.. In fact?? That was good for him.. Break the tape down, and it won't happen again.. This is not the same RAIDER team as before.. Its a young team that will make mistakes, But that's ok, cuz that's how we ALL learn, from mistakes.. Silver and Black Babe..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man the RAIDER D looked GOOD!! They put Carson on ICE!! Picks, Sacks, Pressure!! Swarming D!! That's a KNJ D!! The O struggled, but look at the D they were playing, one of the best and Super fast Ds in the game, and they were up for it for sure, and still put up points, but not TDs!! The TDs are there you can see them, but it seems the RAIDERS are just not in Lock Step Yet.. Need to FIX that, cuz Cincy and HueJax are coming up and that's for real..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is just freakin Lovely!! Menelik Watson done for the year!! Ugh!! Man that's Crappy!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear about losing Watson. Definitely a blow considering Carr last year had the worst QB rating of any QB when he was under pressure. So far this preseason that part hasn't improved in Carr's game so losing a guy who only allowed one pressure in I think 55 snaps is a blow.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty crazy how good that RAIDER D can be.. At times we had, a Rookie, 2 second year players, and a young Big Dan Williams in there crushing!! DEEP YOUNG DL!! Mack Attack is just to good to be a LB, DE FOR YOU BABY!!
We don't need him at LB!! We good.. What's up with Allen?? Dude has made an impact in Oakland since day 1..
The Corners?? NICE!! Free the mind and just play..
Again, this is a young team on both sides of the ball, learning how to play the game, but have shown a glimpse of what can be.. Cut them some slack!! Young teams GET BETTER so they say..
Oh, im smiling, ya know baby..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear about losing Watson. Definitely a blow considering Carr last year had the worst QB rating of any QB when he was under pressure. So far this preseason that part hasn't improved in Carr's game so losing a guy who only allowed one pressure in I think 55 snaps is a blow.
Thanks dude.. It sucks man.. Im in the dumps right now..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks dude.. It sucks man.. Im in the dumps right now..

Preseason goal #1 is always try to get out as healthy as possible. The Broncos thankfully haven't had the season ender during this period but we had 2 guys that were expected to contribute go down earlier in the off season work. Every team though has somebody go down. Just part of the game. Thankfully starters are done so hopefully don't have to worry about any others going down before the season starts.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason goal #1 is always try to get out as healthy as possible. The Broncos thankfully haven't had the season ender during this period but we had 2 guys that were expected to contribute go down earlier in the off season work. Every team though has somebody go down. Just part of the game. Thankfully starters are done so hopefully don't have to worry about any others going down before the season starts.
Oh no doubt, it's a next man up league.. It still sucks though.. But i will get over it.. I get over everything..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up CD.. Tell me why Denver will sweep Oakland??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up CD.. Tell me why Denver will sweep Oakland??

Haha are you sure? Well so far after 3 games our starting defense has only given up something like 40 passing yards. They have actually sacked Russell Wilson and Kaepernick more times than the two combined for completions (4 sacks to only 3 completions given up to those 2). All of this has been without our best Corner playing, our 2 ILB's being limited, and them still learning a new system so they should only get better. So far the starting defense for the most part has played against the opposing team's starting offense on 9 drives. They have given up 6 points. So that means they are only giving up .67 points per drive. Last year the best defense in the league in a points per drive type outlook allowed 1.41 points per drive and that was Buffalo. So Broncos cut that in half. When you throw in that they also had a safety that means our defense in 3 games has only been outscored by 4 points by the opposing team's offense. So essentially if our offense produces a field goal every 9 drives we are about tied with another team. Broncos offense though last year ranked 4th in this category averaging 2.48 points per drive so I think they can muster up a few points here and there.

Offensively the Broncos look like they have finally found a run game. With the starting OL in (except for our new LG Mathis who is considered the best Guard in the NFL) our RB's have averaged over 4.7 yards per carry. That would have been good for 3rd in the league last year and again that is without our best OL player even playing yet and still learning a new system. The Broncos have also not had a couple of their weapons like Emmanuel Sanders on the field yet so the offense should only get better from here on out.

Do I need to keep going or is that good?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha are you sure? Well so far after 3 games our starting defense has only given up something like 40 passing yards. They have actually sacked Russell Wilson and Kaepernick more times than the two combined for completions (4 sacks to only 3 completions given up to those 2). All of this has been without our best Corner playing, our 2 ILB's being limited, and them still learning a new system so they should only get better. So far the starting defense for the most part has played against the opposing team's starting offense on 9 drives. They have given up 6 points. So that means they are only giving up .67 points per drive. Last year the best defense in the league in a points per drive type outlook allowed 1.41 points per drive and that was Buffalo. So Broncos cut that in half. When you throw in that they also had a safety that means our defense in 3 games has only been outscored by 4 points by the opposing team's offense. So essentially if our offense produces a field goal every 9 drives we are about tied with another team. Broncos offense though last year ranked 4th in this category averaging 2.48 points per drive so I think they can muster up a few points here and there.

Offensively the Broncos look like they have finally found a run game. With the starting OL in (except for our new LG Mathis who is considered the best Guard in the NFL) our RB's have averaged over 4.7 yards per carry. That would have been good for 3rd in the league last year and again that is without our best OL player even playing yet and still learning a new system. The Broncos have also not had a couple of their weapons like Emmanuel Sanders on the field yet so the offense should only get better from here on out.

By all means cd continue.. Not enough data to tell me why you will sweep Oakland..

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pre-season, bro....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all means cd continue.. Not enough data to tell me why you will sweep Oakland..

Ok then let's take a look at your team. Let's start with the most important player on the team in Derek Carr. Last year on a per play basis Carr graded out as the 2nd worst player in the league only ahead of Blake Bortles. He also showed regression as the season went on which is a sign that defenses really began to figure out what the Raiders wanted to do and what the limitations were of Carr.

Last year one of Carr's worst parts of his game was that of throwing while under pressure. He finished as the worst QB in the league when under pressure having a QB Rating of 57 in such situations. He threw as many picks when under pressure as he did without pressure and that was with 205 fewer snaps. So very high interception percentage in that situation. When you throw in that he plays in one of the best divisions for pass rush with the Chiefs boasting the best pass rusher in the NFL and the Broncos boasting two of the top-10 pass rushers in the league that doesn't bode well for Carr doing well against the Broncos or the Chiefs. When you throw in he just lost Watson who graded out as one of the Raiders best pass blockers so far in the preseason that will mean more pressure coming his way.

Throw in I don't buy the whole "he had terrible weapons and that is why he struggled last year." This past year was one of the worst scoring offenses in Raiders history and that is with rules being favorable to QB's. The Raiders haven't had great weapons over the last 13 years really yet those offenses were able to produce more than this one last year.

Now to me while the defense definitely looks improved this year the offense so far just looks about as bad as last year. Cooper looks like a nice weapon but beyond him nobody else has really shown much. OL wise they have been very up and down so far. Carr as I pointed out above has made some nice throws but for the most part he has shown exactly what he did last year that when he has a clean pocket he looks like a competent QB and when things don't go perfect he is about as bad as it gets in this league.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-season, bro....

I understand that all too well. He asked me to say why I thought the Broncos would sweep the Raiders this year and so far at least Broncos side of things they are looking even better than they were last year on defense. Yes it is preseason but they definitely never looked like this even during the preseason and at full strength like they were last year where this year they are missing about 4 starters and still dominating. WE will just have to see how it all plays out. Believe me I do think the Raiders are better this year than they have been in quite some time but they had climbed so deep into the black hole that was the Raiders for a while that it is going to take some time to climb out of that. They are showing signs though that they have really begun that process but I still see them as another year or two of being a smart franchise from that happening. I also do need to see that this FO is willing to spend to keep talent. So far they haven't been able to spend to keep or to bring in yet. To me that is a sign that veterans do not believe in what is going on in Oakland quite yet.