• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Radio Today: Talk of Patriots Trading for Josh Rosen

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most foolish things I'm seeing are the comparisons to Russell Wilson. Wilson is 5'11", 215 lbs while Murray is closer to 5'8", 185 lbs. Since he's a short, mobile QB, he is instantly Russell Wilson to lazy people.

Fact is, Murray is much more like a better Doug Flutie, who was 5'10", 180. He could work out for whoever drafts him, but people instantly expecting Russell Wilson are foolish.

Well Russell Wilson was also compared to a poor man’s Doug Flutie or a more athletic Drew Brees but with a weaker arm. He is short but an offense can be built around him, especially in a place that has zero direction or identity like Arizona. Though NE would be terrible for Rosen, he wilts like dandelion in cold weather.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Russell Wilson was also compared to a poor man’s Doug Flutie or a more athletic Drew Brees but with a weaker arm. He is short but an offense can be built around him, especially in a place that has zero direction or identity like Arizona. Though NE would be terrible for Rosen, he wilts like dandelion in cold weather.

I wouldn't accuse Russell of having a weaker arm.....

By the way, this is all off season radio talk. Not reallity.....

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is your brain living in Phoenix.....
Sidewalk-Egg.jpg
HAHAHAHA. That's fucking brilliant.

:L

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I see this happening. I've changed my stance on Rosen....he was a guy I wanted for SF when they needed a QB. Now I'm glad he's somewhere else......just a complete loser as a leader. I can't srr NE take on this kind of guy to be the successor.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I see this happening. I've changed my stance on Rosen....he was a guy I wanted for SF when they needed a QB. Now I'm glad he's somewhere else......just a complete loser as a leader. I can't srr NE take on this kind of guy to be the successor.

Depending on what AZ may as would certainly be the deciding factor.

I'm not sold on the kid but if the price was right, I'd kick the tires until his rookie deal is up.

Last year was a tough year to assess on that JV team in the desert. He deserves another chance whether in AZ or some place else.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never once saw him compared to a "poor man's Doug Flutie". Where the hell did you see that? Also his arm strength was never a concern. Were these just your drinking buddies who said this stuff?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never once saw him compared to a "poor man's Doug Flutie". Where the hell did you see that? Also his arm strength was never a concern. Were these just your drinking buddies who said this stuff?

It is what everyone was saying when the Seahawks drafted him. No one liked the pick of Russell Wilson because he was a poor mans Doug Flutie. Every single analyst thought they massively reached and he would be a career backup.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last off-season, I thought Rosen would end up being the best QB in the class.

This move would almost guarantee that, so I hope it happens.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Allen thinks you're a dickhead.

Allen's situation wasn't good, but Rosen's was probably the worst I've seen over the past 5 years or so. He was pressured on 40% of drop backs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what everyone was saying when the Seahawks drafted him. No one liked the pick of Russell Wilson because he was a poor mans Doug Flutie. Every single analyst thought they massively reached and he would be a career backup.

You are making things up... just as the other guy said.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen has played in one season with a coaching staff that had no clue on how to coach!

They said the same damn thing about Goff when the brilliant great Jeff Fisher was in LA!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's complete bullshit. most analysts were concerned about his ability in the pocket and height but also thought his athleticism and throwing were grade A and he had the potential to start eventually. They just didn't think it would be immediately.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson was the 2012 draft. The NFL has long since adjusted their ideas of what makes a good QB since then.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's complete bullshit. most analysts were concerned about his ability in the pocket and height but also thought his athleticism and throwing were grade A and he had the potential to start eventually. They just didn't think it would be immediately.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Wilson is an accurate passer. He is a very mechanical quarterback who not only is consistent in his drop step, but also understands how to move within the pocket and evade when the pocket collapses. He is an athlete and can torque his body to make any sort of throw on the run, and is accurate in this setting. He is a born signal-caller who shows command of the offense. He has the arm strength to make the deep throws and the touch to put it on a receiver in stride. He is effective when scrambling and extending plays.
WEAKNESSES
Wilson's height will be his biggest inhibitor at the next level and the largest reason for his late-round value. It remains to be seen if he can throw effectively from the pocket at the next level.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is just rumors. The Pats nor the Cardinals make this trade.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona would have to had given up on Josh Rosen after just once year, and the Pats would have to given up two 1st round picks or Tom Brady.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona would have to had given up on Josh Rosen after just once year, and the Pats would have to given up two 1st round picks or Tom Brady.
Right. This isn't a slam dunk for either team. This trade only happens if Murray is the best QB prospect of the past two years by a notable margin and the Cardinals give Rosen up for less than he is worth.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen's situation wasn't good, but Rosen's was probably the worst I've seen over the past 5 years or so. He was pressured on 40% of drop backs.
HOF wr and a top five Rb.

Rosen won't be good in the NFL, there's zero chance. It's not his line, he's a qunt.