• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Radio Today: Talk of Patriots Trading for Josh Rosen

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Think it was Fox Sports radio. They were talking about Belichick showing interest in trading for Rosen. That would be a typical Pats move IMO. Going from the worst team in the league to the best would probably be good for a career.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect the unexpected :thumb:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give them Hoyer and Etling for him.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would probably do rosen a lot of good to sit for a couple of years and learn

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gets to make the trade, McDaniels???

Seems like Belichick would stuff Rosen in an oven. McDaniels might blow him though.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure he'd do so well. Can't imagine he's going to have a good explanation for Belichick for this:

josh_1.png

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pretty much only happens for Kyler Murray to Arizona. There are scouts who think he is better than Russell Wilson coming out but I'll say that Im glad its not my team taking that level of risk.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Kyler Murray is going to be a good QB at some point but using a #1 overall seems to be a huge risk. I don't know what Rosen will be either but these teams have to realize at some point that you can't expect most of these kids to just step in and miraculously be superstars. There's a learning curve even for the best ones.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Kyler Murray is going to be a good QB at some point but using a #1 overall seems to be a huge risk. I don't know what Rosen will be either but these teams have to realize at some point that you can't expect most of these kids to just step in and miraculously be superstars. There's a learning curve even for the best ones.
The most foolish things I'm seeing are the comparisons to Russell Wilson. Wilson is 5'11", 215 lbs while Murray is closer to 5'8", 185 lbs. Since he's a short, mobile QB, he is instantly Russell Wilson to lazy people.

Fact is, Murray is much more like a better Doug Flutie, who was 5'10", 180. He could work out for whoever drafts him, but people instantly expecting Russell Wilson are foolish.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most foolish things I'm seeing are the comparisons to Russell Wilson. Wilson is 5'11", 215 lbs while Murray is closer to 5'8", 185 lbs. Since he's a short, mobile QB, he is instantly Russell Wilson to lazy people.

Fact is, Murray is much more like a better Doug Flutie, who was 5'10", 180. He could work out for whoever drafts him, but people instantly expecting Russell Wilson are foolish.
Yeah, I hate those comparisons on a good day. The kid is whoever he is. Quit trying to compare him to someone else. I honestly don't know what Murray is or will be but Wilson was a 3rd round pick as well and got picked by a team already building toward a championship. Wilson also has a much thicker build as you say and he had to work a lot to get to where he is. These so called experts seem to be blind to how the game actually works.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I hate those comparisons on a good day. The kid is whoever he is. Quit trying to compare him to someone else. I honestly don't know what Murray is or will be but Wilson was a 3rd round pick as well and got picked by a team already building toward a championship. Wilson also has a much thicker build as you say and he had to work a lot to get to where he is. These so called experts seem to be blind to how the game actually works.
To be fair to the experts, Kyler Murray is a fully unique prospect and they all acknowledge that. "I dont know what Kyler Murray is" is a quick way to lose your job.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to the experts, Kyler Murray is a fully unique prospect and they all acknowledge that. "I dont know what Kyler Murray is" is a quick way to lose your job.
The key word is prospect though. We just don't know for sure. Don't get me wrong, what few hi-lites I've seen, the kid looks awesome but if this scenario plays out, we have to realize the kid is not going to a KC or Seattle or some other team that already is or was built to win now. The Cards are not a good team and are a long way off. Maybe it works out at some point but it's a huge risk.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad that integrity is viewed as a bad thing, while making illogical, lazy comparisons is viewed as being knowledgeable.

Murray is a unique being as a QB. In all honesty, I think he does have a future in the NFL, but I don't know that it's as a QB. It's not his size, necessarily, but his frame that is bothersome. If he adds another 20-25 lbs, he's going to become too bulky and it'll take away from his effectiveness IMO. Guys like Wilson, Mayfield, and Brees can succeed as shorter guys because they have large frame that can easily carry 210+ lbs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key word is prospect though. We just don't know for sure. Don't get me wrong, what few hi-lites I've seen, the kid looks awesome but if this scenario plays out, we have to realize the kid is not going to a KC or Seattle or some other team that already is or was built to win now. The Cards are not a good team and are a long way off. Maybe it works out at some point but it's a huge risk.
Its is a huge risk.

I guess I'm just not sure you're seeing anything different than the experts. If Murray was bigger then he'd be the consensus #1 and the talk would be about whether or not the Cardinals should trade down. As is, everyone is all over the place with Murray.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad that integrity is viewed as a bad thing, while making illogical, lazy comparisons is viewed as being knowledgeable.

Murray is a unique being as a QB. In all honesty, I think he does have a future in the NFL, but I don't know that it's as a QB. It's not his size, necessarily, but his frame that is bothersome. If he adds another 20-25 lbs, he's going to become too bulky and it'll take away from his effectiveness IMO. Guys like Wilson, Mayfield, and Brees can succeed as shorter guys because they have large frame that can easily carry 210+ lbs.
Thats why Murray's agent is saying that he weighs 205.

All of this stuff is a little moot. Everyone was worried about Rg3 being too think and he bulked up to make it in the NFL and then basically just lasted one season because of decisions from the neck up. It doesn't matter what you weigh when you make bad decisions.

I have Murray as either QB1 or QB4 depending on his actual measurements. I'm worried about his weight and worried about his hand size. To a lesser degree, his height might be a factor, too.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would get traded by the Patriots? Decent move if not much is given up

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its is a huge risk.

I guess I'm just not sure you're seeing anything different than the experts. If Murray was bigger then he'd be the consensus #1 and the talk would be about whether or not the Cardinals should trade down. As is, everyone is all over the place with Murray.
Yeah, maybe you are right about the size factor. I don't know if I would be too keen on using one great college season as a case for first overall regardless of the physical ability but that's just me. I've never been a big fan of drafting these QB's that high anyway.