• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Proof Stafford isn't the problem.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 years, 50 losses. All of a sudden the media is all over Stafford and the masses have followed in droves. Never mind the fact that not one person media or fan is calling for Martin Mayhew's job. He drafted Stafford after all. Instead the media tells us his job is probably safe and the Lions aren't your typical rebuild because they're packed with "talent". Does Stafford count as part of that talent? Or is he a bust? It's confusing, isn't it?

5 years, who's improved? Anyone?

* Pettigrew was drafted the same year as Stafford. He never improved, even regressed. Done as a Lion.

* Louis Delmas - same exact player he was the first day he stepped on an NFL field. Still can't tackle, still throws himself around like a crash test dummy. Delmas could lose both arms and he'd be the same player as he is now.

* DeAndre Levy - 5 years later dude is finally playing well. Finally playing behind a good RE helps. I wonder if Levy has always been this good, simply handicapped by a a slow and aging KVB.

* Titus Young, Mikel Leshoure, Ryan Broyles, Derek Williams, Jahvid Best, Amari Spievay all 2nd and 3rd round picks. Which ones did this staff develop into solid NFL starters? Which ones busted? Take your time.

* Nick Fairley. Ziggy Ansah, Ndamukong Suh - All 3 physical beasts, look exactly the same every game since day 1. Both getting by on pure talent. None of them have really improved or evolved at all. Fairley still penalty monster.

* Every CB on the roster. All of the are terrible. None of them have improved since being drafted.

* Calvin and Stafford - 3 years in a row I've been saying this team has peaked. They are the same exact team in 2013 as they were in 2011. They were the same team last year. The ONLY reason this team has won any fucking games in the past 5 years is because of Matt Stafford and Calvin Johnson.

So get comfy on that shit on Stafford bandwagon. He's the QB so of course he's the lightening rod. When the smoke clears time will prove that this team has been held down and held back by Schwartz and co. Matthew Stafford has been an A1 success story since HS, all through college, all the way leading up to the NFL draft where he earned the right to be the no.1 pick. Bad news is the Lions took him, and now he's taking the fall for them.

Get some coaches in here who know how to develop players. Because this team is not moving forward. Same exact team for 3 straight years, and the proof is up and down the roster. I realize shitting all over Stafford is way easier though.

Can't possibly be the shitty TE, two RB's and 2 WR's that were taken in rounds 1 and 2 who busted on him.

Can't possibly be the OC who continues to pass from the shotgun on 3rd and 1.

Can't possibly be the HC who calls for a fake fucking FG with a 7 point lead on the road.

Those guys are sweet.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One guy has improved under Schwartz in 5 years. DeAndre Levy. One guy.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not taking the fall for anyone. Stop missing open receivers.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not taking the fall for anyone. Stop missing open receivers.

Right because the Calvin INT at the 5 yard line vs. Tampa was Stafford's fault, just like when Calvin dropped perfect passes that would have beaten the Ravens.

You guys realize these media pied pipers don't actually watch these games like we (well, me) do, right?? They love to tell you how many turnovers he has in the last 6 games. But they forget to give you the details. You know why? Cause all they do is check box scores then write their gay stories based on that.

I see through the bullshit.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not the only problem, just the most expensive one. He lacks touch, accuracy and his decision making hasn't progressed much. I'm not giving up on him but I'm not going to pretend all is well with our QB either. We went 5-8 with Shaun Hill & Drew Stanton under center in 2010 leading a less talented team for a hell of a lot less money.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not the only problem, just the most expensive one. He lacks touch, accuracy and his decision making hasn't progressed much. I'm not giving up on him but I'm not going to pretend all is well with our QB either.

So in your opinion, me saying he is the same exact talented yet undeveloped player today he was when drafted = all is well with him?

Is that what you got out of my post?

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as many " open receivers" have dropped passes too.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as many " open receivers" have dropped passes too.

We aren't allowed to bag on Megatron and his awful drops until Greg Doyle instructs us to.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind the fact that not one person media or fan is calling for Martin Mayhew's job.
Whoa down there Swarm, I've hated the guy since he got the job. I called him Millenhew for years until this past offseason where I thought he did a good job. However, it is starting to become more apparent that the success of the offseason may have much more to do with Xanders than him.

I'm already on the record that I want him gone simply for the fact that Jimbo the Jackass is on the sideline this weekend.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole post never did you say Stafford is part of the problem. NOT ONCE! I can not read this babble and take merit of your post unless you say he is part of problem. Stafford has issues that have directly effected this team. Just as the others listed.

Many here have slammed the coaching staff. Swarm you reaching when always say "we" are sheep flocking with the media. So lame!! When I watch Stafford do a presser and see he plainly does not give a shit after loss. When I see him force throws instead of throwing it away. See him throw those Peyton Manning and Romo game ending picks. I can definitely say he is part OF not all the problem.

Now if you see it differently than that you sir, you are not watching the games! Because it is apparent you do not read the media.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin drops aren't missed passes. Balls 5 feet over receivers' heads, behind receivers, and out of bounds are missed passes. And there are too many of them every game.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an article that said only three wideouts have caught more than 8 passes all year, in a passing offense! Stafford needs help. Calvin needs someone on the team to take some coverage off of him.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin drops aren't missed passes. Balls 5 feet over receivers' heads, behind receivers, and out of bounds are missed passes. And there are too many of them every game.

Agree. So get the kid some real coaches. Kinda the whole point of this thread.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The point is that exactly. Almost as many passes that were misses, were dropped. Therefore making them twice as costly. QBs miss throws every game, the results are even worse when catchable ( even perfect) throws are dropped. Ravens game is a perfect example. CJ dropped 2 that he should have caught. The game is different if he makes those receptions.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. So get the kid some real coaches. Kinda the whole point of this thread.

Then you need to state that in the original post. Not just defend Stafford. Yes you talked of coaches being problem. Yet, you still have not said any of this is Stafford's fault.

I could give two fucks that we throw on 3rd and 1. What was the outcome? Coaches don't execute on the field. So if Stafford overthrows a WR is that Linehans fault???

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you need to state that in the original post. Not just defend Stafford. Yes you talked of coaches being problem. Yet, you still have not said any of this is Stafford's fault.

I could give two fucks that we throw on 3rd and 1. What was the outcome? Coaches don't execute on the field. So if Stafford overthrows a WR is that Linehans fault???

Well it is a coaches job to know his personnel and their tendancies. Stafford is always trying to make "the" play. Sometimes that play should be taking the sack or throwing it away. In the Ravens game everytime we showed an empty backfield( Which happened to be on 3rd and short a few times) the Ravens audibled to a heavy blitz. As a coach, you see that once, that should at the very least change the approach to get your QB out of a bad situation. Nope, time after time, predictability. Just like our defense was predictable, our offense was predictable.

I get that the players are the ones "executing" the plays but it's pretty hard to execute against the perfect defense for the play that was called. I think this may be part of the lack of production from any of the other WR's. Megatron gets his anyways.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is a coaches job to know his personnel and their tendancies. Stafford is always trying to make "the" play. Sometimes that play should be taking the sack or throwing it away. In the Ravens game everytime we showed an empty backfield( Which happened to be on 3rd and short a few times) the Ravens audibled to a heavy blitz. As a coach, you see that once, that should at the very least change the approach to get your QB out of a bad situation. Nope, time after time, predictability. Just like our defense was predictable, our offense was predictable.

I get that the players are the ones "executing" the plays but it's pretty hard to execute against the perfect defense for the play that was called. I think this may be part of the lack of production from any of the other WR's. Megatron gets his anyways.

:agree: Remember when we had Mike Martz and we couldn't pass protect? Yet he never kept a RB in to help Backus. Then on top of it the QB would take a seven step drop and just get destroyed play after play. That is kind of what Linehan has been doing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Lions fan, but I have watched enough of their games to know that the team's failures can all be attributed to 1 place.

The Lions have as much talent as any team in the NFL, yet they cannot rise above mediocrity because stupid penalties and poor fundamental execution in key moments. Yes, Stafford has made his share of mistakes but when you look at this team you see players up and down the roster making errors that you just don't see from veteran players on contending teams.

Schwartz was great when the Lions were a doormat. He instilled competitive fire in a franchise that was in dire need of it. Now, they need a staff who can enhance the football IQ of the players and teach players some discipline. How can Schwartz expect his players to show poise on the field when he cannot control himself on the sideline?

The report today from Adam Schefter that the Lions are now "leaning toward keeping Schwartz", should make all of you guys sick. This team has Super Bowl talent. 2013 was Schwartz's time to either sh_t or get off the pot. Now Schwartz and staff need to go so that the franchise has a chance to move forward before their window closes.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree 100%, I was screaming that during game. This why Linehan sucks. Next question? WHy can't STafford audible? Sure Peyton and Brady would get the message delivered to Linehan!! Still I will stand on the my statement that it is mix of coaching and Stafford.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your GM is not the problem. In fact, he is solely responsible for turning your franchise around.

Yer coach has gotta go.

Player's improvement is on the player and the coach, not the GM.

Yer GM has done more than enough in supplying talent to Schwartz. What he's done with that, is another story.