• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Proof Stafford isn't the problem.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sorry. I forgot some of you have ADHD and cant stay focused for more than two sentences. :o) But if you dont actually read it, I dont see how you can argue it.

If memory serves me right, no QB has ever thrown for 100% completion for a season. Even 90 or 80%. If a QB gets over 60% completion, he had a decent year. I really dont think any QB always hits his receivers. Not Manning, Brady, Brees or any of them. Again, look at Manning in the Superbowl. He was throwing balls at WRs feet. Why? Because he was pressed so much with the bad play around him. So why do we always expect our own players to be better than the best? Put Stafford in a position to succeed, and he will put up elite stats. Place him in a place to fail, and he will fail.

Its ridiculous to look for a QB who will look like a star when he is put in a place where success is not possible. That QB has never existed. What you want is a QB who will succeed if you give him the opportunity. When put in a place to succeed, Stafford has.

For our benefit we would do well if you provided a tl;dr.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also wont read posts that long. If i wanted to read a book I would look at prno.

Sometimes meow writes long posts, but he's providing semi-accurate cap information. Grail's just expressing opinions. Information = yes. Opinions = no (especially if you've heard them dozens of times before).

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
transcript from Freep writer Dave Birkett

Dave, I enjoyed reading the article Carlos put out today about Staffy's mechanics. I think it's also important to point out Burleson & Broyles have been injured the last two years and CJ really hasn't had any help.

No doubt that's led to some of the hiccups Stafford has had, but in the NFL good QBs should be able to overcome that and put the team on their back. Interceptions, decision making, those go hand in hand and that's been the problem. Rich Gannon and Kurt Warner told me Stafford's footwork was the issue late last year. These QB gurus echoed that.

One other Stafford note, the more I hear Caldwell talk the more I'm convinced he thinks having Stafford pass so many times is part of the problem, too. He wants a good defense and good running game to put less on his QB's shoulders.

BB_72..which verifies, IMO, the re-signing of pettidrops, more running this year than years past

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Mayhew talking about Stafford not having a clean pocket to pass from too.