• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Proof Stafford isn't the problem.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I also think Stafford's mechanics are shit, and his head and arm are almost as big as his ego.

Believe me...I know a thing or two about cocky, strong-armed gunslingers.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%, I was screaming that during game. This why Linehan sucks. Next question? WHy can't STafford audible? Sure Peyton and Brady would get the message delivered to Linehan!! Still I will stand on the my statement that it is mix of coaching and Stafford.

I have stated that they are both to blame. My point was that Stafford seems to be taking the majority of it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I also think Stafford's mechanics are shit, and his head and arm are almost as big as his ego.

Believe me...I know a thing or two about cocky, strong-armed gunslingers.

Frustrating, aren't they?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Lions fan, but I have watched enough of their games to know that the team's failures can all be attributed to 1 place.

The Lions have as much talent as any team in the NFL, yet they cannot rise above mediocrity because stupid penalties and poor fundamental execution in key moments. Yes, Stafford has made his share of mistakes but when you look at this team you see players up and down the roster making errors that you just don't see from veteran players on contending teams.

Schwartz was great when the Lions were a doormat. He instilled competitive fire in a franchise that was in dire need of it. Now, they need a staff who can enhance the football IQ of the players and teach players some discipline. How can Schwartz expect his players to show poise on the field when he cannot control himself on the sideline?

The report today from Adam Schefter that the Lions are now "leaning toward keeping Schwartz", should make all of you guys sick. This team has Super Bowl talent. 2013 was Schwartz's time to either sh_t or get off the pot. Now Schwartz and staff need to go so that the franchise has a chance to move forward before their window closes.

You're right. Stafford is far from blameless. I'd love to see this team with proper coaching.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not going to be the one looking for a job though.....

And you think he should be?

You find coaching that will improve your talent. You don't find talent to improve your coaching.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post Swarm.

Stafford has an ego problem and I think what we saw in the last 5 games is a Qb that's simply trying to do too much. Im pretty bitter at CJ too. His mistakes were costly.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you think he should be?

You find coaching that will improve your talent. You don't find talent to improve your coaching.

It's not even an option. (I didn't want him drafted. Didn't want him handed the starting gig. Didn't want him extended....). I don't think you find coaching that will improve your talent necessarily. Pittsburgh and San Fran both spent years drafting players for their system and their coaches(coaching tree). Green Bay hardly ever goes after FAs. Nor do they find themselves in coaching searches. Our franchise has never (in my lifetime) had a strong enough identity to target their system players for their franchise coach. In no way do I think that Staff is the only issue. But in the end, it will be his disappointing play that gets people fired. Right or wrong, fair or not, a QB's inability to complete passes, tendency to throw picks and inconsistency is going to be the determining factors. People can stomach a lot of arrogance when it comes with winning. Not the case with losing.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches aren't supposed to improve players play?

ShadowJ20

I'm Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is part of the problem.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People can stomach a lot of arrogance when it comes with winning.

What arrogance? Stafford is a humble as can be. Saying he doesn't need a QB guru to the media? Schwartz has said the same thing. Of course Stafford is going to repeat what is HC tells him. Plus, it's the media. Not reality.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't care. Both would be off the books now, so it wouldn't matter. (I preferred Curry, wanted them to trade down.)

Trade down isn't a realistic option/answer. So you'd rather have no one and no QB than Stafford. I don't get it but ok. What current starting 1st round QB's drafted since Stafford would you rather have than him?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches aren't supposed to improve players play?

Sure they are. That's what coaches do, they coach. But finding a coach to match players isn't what should be done. Every successful high school and college program finds success in their system. The best professional football organizations do the same thing. This franchise has not found success in 50 years. A lack of identity is part of that, IMO. Schwartz is a defensive coach and finally this season I like what his system can do and has done. It's the first season that I feel like he has players chosen for specific roles. Like Ziggy. Schwartz had time with him last winter and knew he wanted him. And he's the best defensive end I've seen in Honalulu Blue in forever. He'll be in a new system next season. Not sure Im happy about losing the progress that's been made defensively on account of turnovers and disappointment offensively.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz is a defensive coach and finally this season I like what his system can do and has done. It's the first season that I feel like he has players chosen for specific roles. Like Ziggy. Schwartz had time with him last winter and knew he wanted him. And he's the best defensive end I've seen in Honalulu Blue in forever. He'll be in a new system next season. Not sure Im happy about losing the progress that's been made defensively on account of turnovers and disappointment offensively.

Sounds like the Bears. Except Lovie was a way better HC. Schwartz will probably be a great DC for the Rams. I just hope the Lions resign Suh and he doesn't follow Schwartz out of town.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade down isn't a realistic option/answer. So you'd rather have no one and no QB than Stafford. I don't get it but ok. What current starting 1st round QB's drafted since Stafford would you rather have than him?

Why does everyone need a first round starting quarterback? (Quarterbacks make more than anyone. Top pick QbS, especially back then, got ProBowler money off thebat. Not how id like the payroll spread out.)Last time I checked first round picks were rather valuable. The Rams will be enjoying their extra first rounder this April I imagine. (I've went over the Staff for whoever thing a thousand times.)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everyone need a first round starting quarterback? (Quarterbacks make more than anyone. Top pick QbS, especially back then, got ProBowler money off thebat. Not how id like the payroll spread out.)Last time I checked first round picks were rather valuable. The Rams will be enjoying their extra first rounder this April I imagine. (I've went over the Staff for whoever thing a thousand times.)

Because that is where 95% of starting NFL QB's come from - the first round. So which ones taken in the 1st round taken since him would you rather have than him. Go ahead and name any rookies in the up-coming draft if you like. Also, Mark Sanchez. He was taken that year too.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am disappointed in Staffords play this year. He has been sloppy with the football, missed open receivers, and lacked that big game will to win that Brady and Manning have shown so often.

Just because I have been unhappy with this season does not mean I want him gone or that he is a bust. He needs help at the skill positions! Without Calvin the Lions offense is on the back of a milk carton!

But Stafford also needs help with his mechanics. I see it as a fan and guys like Jaws, Dilfer, and Aikmen see it as analyst and as former QBs. I used to think it was bias or just trying to get ratings but the fact remains he has not made the type of progression fans have wanted to see!

The guy has a big arm and it's still way to early to give up on him.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has a big arm and it's still way to early to give up on him.

Might help if he had a HC and OC who took advantage of that big arm and didn't ask him to throw slants 90% of the time.