• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PRESEASON THREAD

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howling gets the pkg Rainey was supposed get...I think he will be a difference maker...I'm for keeping him underwraps now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got home early to post up for the game! Now time for some cerveza!

:drink:

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far the game is terrible! The o-line is terrible. They keep wanting to run the ball. Bell gets hurt. Dwyer can't run. Ike gets yet another 20+ yard pass interference because he can't keep up with the man he is matched up against. Our backup QB sucks. Oh, and three turn overs. Yep, looks just like last year.

Somethings gotta give and they need to figure this out before the season starts. Thank God there are two more games.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa is me bsanko! C'mon man its preseason.. Do you know how the team prepares for preseason games? As a Steelers fan you should know Tomlin's approach on preseason games... They don't prepare much! If this were regular season they would have an actual game plan.

You are starting to sound like Burghsouth my man... Have some optimism!

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa is me bsanko! C'mon man its preseason.. Do you know how the team prepares for preseason games? As a Steelers fan you should know Tomlin's approach on preseason games... They don't prepare much! If this were regular season they would have an actual game plan.

You are starting to sound like Burghsouth my man... Have some optimism!

REALLY?! I will remember you saying this when I start hearing your bantering. I am calling as it is. They suck tonight. Preseason or not. Since when you became the God of innocent and never had anything bad to say about the Steelers.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REALLY?! I will remember you saying this when I start hearing your bantering. I am calling as it is. They suck tonight. Preseason or not. Since when you became the God of innocent and never had anything bad to say about the Steelers.

That's fine by me! Let me know when that day comes! I get it man, you're upset.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great that you're passionate about it, but I was just trying to tell you that preseason games should have more limited expectations. I've learned long ago that getting worked up over Tomlin's preseason games is not worth it. He never prepares his team for the actual game, because as he has stated before, he just wants to "let the men play".

I can recall last year... announcers were calling us "sloppy" a lot!

Ghoonsquad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great that you're passionate about it, but I was just trying to tell you that preseason games should have more limited expectations. I've learned long ago that getting worked up over Tomlin's preseason games is not worth it. He never prepares his team for the actual game, because as he has stated before, he just wants to "let the men play".

I can recall last year... announcers were calling us "sloppy" a lot!

Um there is definate cause for concern. Might I remind you that last year we were sloppy in the preseason as you noted. And that in turn translated to being sloppy in the regular season. And translated to being a 8-8 team. Game plan or not. The penaltys and turnovers are a sign of a lack of discipline, and that needs to be adressed.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um there is definate cause for concern. Might I remind you that last year we were sloppy in the preseason as you noted. And that in turn translated to being sloppy in the regular season. And translated to being a 8-8 team. Game plan or not. The penaltys and turnovers are a sign of a lack of discipline, and that needs to be adressed.

I agree. I guess the point I was just trying to get across is that Tomlin changed his preseason approach last year. In 2011 he had gameplans for each week and the team went 3-1 in the preseason. He also played his starters a lot during the last 2 games especially. This caused some injuries, which I think made him rethink his approach.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you also can't attribute a sloppy preseason to a sloppy regular season.. Finishing 8-8 last season was a product of multiple different aspects, as we all know. Injuries & poor leadership were a few nails in the coffin, just to name a few. The offense was performing at a high level (minus the run game) until Ben got hurt.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know but is Haily's offensive scheme that hard for these guys to grasp .. there was mass confusion on every play I just dont get it

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that as well. Can't say that I've ever seen that before! But as for the secondary.. Hopefully Allen has a big year or this secondary is going to be a major weak point.

Ghoonsquad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you also can't attribute a sloppy preseason to a sloppy regular season.. Finishing 8-8 last season was a product of multiple different aspects, as we all know. Injuries & poor leadership were a few nails in the coffin, just to name a few. The offense was performing at a high level (minus the run game) until Ben got hurt.

Yeah it can be attributed to a sloppy preseason. And the offense wasn't performing at that high of a level. Turnovers were a killer last even when Ben was healthy. That cannot be overlooked, line play questionable, running game stunk. Yeah there is cause for concern alright. Starters haven't scored yet, rookie back can't stay healthy, line is in shambles, and turnovers are happening. Not sure where the positives are?