• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #2 Patriots vs Philadelphia Eagles.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling something someone said "Bullshit" is basically calling that person a liar. You infer that what they just said or wrote is false. That's your right and I'm not going to argue about what I wrote. You don't like it, so be it. Then again, neither of you backed up your input with any facts that disperse what I wrote. You injected your opinion about bulletin board material and that's fine, but you don't preface it as your opinion and call my statement bullshit. That's okay too.
I didn't infer, state or imply you posted bullshit. I posted my own take.

Your take is your take, my take is mine. Posting my take is not calling you a liar. Sometimes I add hyperbole, but at no point have I ever thought you were lying.

One other thing I can assure you is, though I may reference YT when we have a similar opinion, we are not ganging up.

Last edited:

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't infer, state or imply you posted bullshit. I posted my own take.

Your take is your take, my take is mine. Posting my take is not calling you a liar. Sometimes I add hyperbole, but at no point have I ever thought you were lying.

One other thing I can assure you is, though I may reference YT when we have a similar opinion, we are not ganging up.

I like all of you guys here. Seriously, all of you. I read all of your posts and enjoy them all.

Cheers!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling something someone said "Bullshit" is basically calling that person a liar. You infer that what they just said or wrote is false. That's your right and I'm not going to argue about what I wrote. You don't like it, so be it. Then again, neither of you backed up your input with any facts that disperse what I wrote. You injected your opinion about bulletin board material and that's fine, but you don't preface it as your opinion and call my statement bullshit. That's okay too.
Not sure I said or called anything bullshit either. But still you got in a twist as usual maybe your estrogen levels are to high for a football board, you seem really sensitive about what is said or inferred on a message board.

I made a comment if that's how you see it, in reference to one of your posts and that's what I meant if that's how you see it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigKen, I have stood up for you many times. I have also disagreed with you many times.
Sometimes you have "stinkin thinkin"
You are too sensitive. Most of us like your posting. Agreement is not necessary!

When 2 people always think alike, one of them is not necessary!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigKen, I have stood up for you many times. I have also disagreed with you many times.
Sometimes you have "stinkin thinkin"
You are too sensitive. Most of us like your posting. Agreement is not necessary!

When 2 people always think alike, one of them is not necessary!
Well then, I'll just read all of the new information that gets posted rather than report it. That way, none of you will be upset with my bullshit.

Fair enough? Not being sensitive here, just want to see YR and Fan75 report all of the breaking news. That way, no one has to get dirty fingernails digging through the bullshit.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then, I'll just read all of the new information that gets posted rather than report it. That way, none of you will be upset with my bullshit.

Fair enough? Not being sensitive here, just want to see YR and Fan75 report all of the breaking news. That way, no one has to get dirty fingernails digging through the bullshit.
You seem to be confused about whether opinions expressed by others pertain to you personally and all your posts versus individual comments posted by you. You post a lot so you need to expect a lot of responses. I've seen over the top "below the belt" responses to your comments and have called out others for that behavior.

I don't recall anyone defending you from my remarks.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This started in a thread where you were chocking up the Pats performance as a response to the Eagles chippiness in practice. I downplayed that opinion and accounted for the performance by the Eagles as not trying to win, or even play much at all...

Here's an article that validates my take: Curran: Pats dominated Eagles backups - is that even good?

Sorry I didn't support my opinion at the time. Next time I'll wait until the article is written. I hate when I get caught posting an independent thought.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about having one's diaper in a knot or being sensitive??

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about having one's diaper in a knot or being sensitive??
Seriously? David Addison (played by Bruce Willis) in the show Moonlighting had this great expression... That's the pot calling the kettle "pot".

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So. You are going to take your bat and ball and go home?
You are being sensitive, Ken.

You are an adult and can respond any way you want.
If you think punishing your fellow fans by not posting news is going to do whatever, it won't.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think punishing your fellow fans by not posting news is going to do whatever, it won't.
How many posters do we have in this board on a regular basis?

6 maybe 7? You, Fan75, YR, Sharky, Me? That's pretty much it.

How many have walked away over the past 3-4 years?

Maybe I am a bit sensitive but over the past couple of months, nearly every post I've done has been attacked or shit on by Fan75. Green ink isn't always done tongue in cheek. I went through this last year with YR and walked away for about three weeks and the board nearly went black because nothing new was getting posted.

So fuck it. Let them post everything that I would post from BST, EE, NESN. NBC Sports Boston, Curran, Parry, Giardi, Reiss. Not my loss. I spend about 14-16 hours a day in my office with about 26 alerts running 24/7. I post as soon as I see them or get them. I'm 72 years old and I don't need the grief. I've tried extremely hard not to get into pissing contests, especially when it comes to opinions. I've been trying to ignore it, but There comes a point that I'm ready to just STFU and see if anyone else will put the same effort into posting new information.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many posters do we have in this board on a regular basis?

6 maybe 7? You, Fan75, YR, Sharky, Me? That's pretty much it.

How many have walked away over the past 3-4 years?

Maybe I am a bit sensitive but over the past couple of months, nearly every post I've done has been attacked or shit on by Fan75. Green ink isn't always done tongue in cheek. I went through this last year with YR and walked away for about three weeks and the board nearly went black because nothing new was getting posted.

So fuck it. Let them post everything that I would post from BST, EE, NESN. NBC Sports Boston, Curran, Parry, Giardi, Reiss. Not my loss. I spend about 14-16 hours a day in my office with about 26 alerts running 24/7. I post as soon as I see them or get them. I'm 72 years old and I don't need the grief. I've tried extremely hard not to get into pissing contests, especially when it comes to opinions. I've been trying to ignore it, but There comes a point that I'm ready to just STFU and see if anyone else will put the same effort into posting new information.
Don't forget others who probably read more than they post, but make their presence felt... Carnzo comes to mind. Yankee T adds a lot too.

How many here remember me referring to BK as "the straw that stirs this drink"? Please either like or add a reaction if you remember me doing so. I think that statement adds more than my "criticisms" of certain posts, or many posts. More often it's me adding a counter point in discussion and you being outraged.

Why do you post here if you only want to lecture? Why not just keep writing books instead? Do you see comments on Amazon (your book is there, correct?) by me saying something nasty about the author?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget others who probably read more than they post, but make their presence felt... Carnzo comes to mind. Yankee T adds a lot too.

How many here remember me referring to BK as "the straw that stirs this drink"? Please either like or add a reaction if you remember me doing so. I think that statement adds more than my "criticisms" of certain posts, or many posts. More often it's me adding a counter point in discussion and you being outraged.

Why do you post here if you only want to lecture? Why not just keep writing books instead? Do you see comments on Amazon (your book is there, correct?) by me saying something nasty about the author?
I'm still writing. have written and published two. Have four more about to be printed and one that's frozen and another that I'm working on and have completed 27 chapters. I also have two short stories, and several poems that have been published. Oh yeah, all of it since 2018.

What have you accomplished in your life, other than shitting on other people's accomplishments??

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still writing. have written and published two. Have four more about to be printed and one that's frozen and another that I'm working on and have completed 27 chapters. I also have two short stories, and several poems that have been published. Oh yeah, all of it since 2018.

What have you accomplished in your life, other than shitting on other people's accomplishments??
When have I shat on anybody's accomplishments? This highlights your paranoia. I say you have written books and somehow you read that as derogatory? Go back in time and you'll see I congratulated you when you announced your first book.

For the record, I have plenty of accomplishments. I just don't brag about them.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the whining continues. But just so you aware they have this thing called the internet pretty much all news is a keystroke away. Now I understand you think you have some secret Patriots decoder ring and that's cute but honestly anyone can get the news if they want. And don't forget Big Kedndra personal opinion is not news, speculation is not news, conjecture is not news.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to the actual game:

ST: D this oddly seems like a weak spot to me, I suspect will get better.

Defense: B- I know you're thinking they pitched a shut out.. Philly played mostly non starters and the Pats rode the starters for a while. Then still seems run stopping is questionable. We have depth at a lot of positions just not sure it's all jelled yet.

QBs and RBs: Were the big highlight all looked good. Michel looked solid and is pass catching. ( So if we place a RB on the practice squad can't another team grab him? How's that work?

WR / TE: Meyer continues to impress IMO looks like our best receiver. Harry should have caught the pass he got injured on. This will be interesting to watch. They look better than last years crew but that could also be because QB play was sharp

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FILED UNDER:

8 winners and 2 losers from the Patriots’ 35-0 preseason victory over the Eagles​

The Patriots wrapped up their week in Philadelphia with a 35-0 thumping of the Philadelphia Eagles on Thursday night. Despite the Eagles not playing any of their starters, there was a lot to like on both sides of the ball for New England.
The Patriots rushing attack picked up right where it left off, rushing for 207 yards and four touchdowns. Rhamondre Stevenson and JJ Taylor led the way with 159 rushing yards and three touchdowns while Harvey Langi, Chase Winovich, and Ja’whaun Bentley led the way on defense. The Patriots showed for the second straight week that they’ll be a team that’s going to win up front — and they’ll be difficult to push around once the regular season begins.
With that said, let’s take a look at those who stood out on Thursday night.

Winner: QB Cam Newton​

Newton only played three series on Thursday night but it was arguably the sharpest he’s looked throwing the ball since week-2 in Seattle last season. Newton went 8 of 9 for 103 yards that was highlighted by Jakobi Meyers 28 yard touchdown pass late in the first quarter. Newton looked comfortable and confident in the pocket, stepping up nicely and delivering the ball on time to his receivers. It was a glimpse of the improvements we have seen Newton make from last year to now. Once the Patriots really start to open up the playbook come week-1 and Newton’s legs become involved, the Patriots offense will be tough to stop — especially if he throws as efficiently as he did on Thursday night.

Winner: QB Mac Jones​

Like Newton, Jones also showed poise and precision throwing the football in Thursday nights win. In his first series, Jones help lead a 17-play, 94-yard drive that ended in a JJ Taylor touchdown that started with Jones’s 19-yard strike to N’Keal Harry on 3rd and 13 with the Patriots backed up inside their own ten. He finished the night 13 of 19 for 146 yards and continued to show a comfort in the scheme. The Patriots then opened up in their two-minute attack to start the second half for the second straight week. Jones was 7 of 7 for 66 yards on a drive that finished with a highlight reel touchdown run from JJ Taylor. Jones best ball of the night was a dime up the left sideline on a ball that traveled 50+ yards in the air that led N’Keal Harry for what should have been an easy touchdown. Harry, unfortunately dropped it while diving for the ball, was shaken up on the play and did not return. There’s no question that the Patriots opening day starter will be Cam Newton, but if you’re a Patriots fan, you have to be pretty happy with where Mac is at in his development.

Winner: RB Rhamondre Stevenson​

For the second straight week, Rhamondre Stevenson may have been the Patriots best offensive player on the field. Coming off his 127-yard, two-score performance a week ago, Stevenson followed it up with 66 yards on the ground and two more touchdowns in Thursday night’s win. Despite fumbling late in the fourth quarter, Stevenson has shown that he is in the mix to be the Patriots change of pace back (something we saw Rex Burkhead master during his time in Foxborough). His ability to run inside and outside, bouncing off defenders while maintaining his balance has certainly stood out. Whether Stevenson has a big role in 2021 or not, the Patriots running back room has a ton of versatility and depth heading into the future.

Winner: RB JJ Taylor​

Taylor was the Patriots’ most efficient runner on Thursday night leading the team with 93 yards on just 12 carries. The second year man out of Arizona, who at one point was looked at as a bubble player, is slowly playing himself a role due to his strong training camp and pre-season. Taylor’s speed and shiftiness make him tough to bring down in the open field. He ripped off a nifty spin move on the way to his 3-yard touchdown run to open up the second half while also catching 3 balls for 18 yards as well. With Harris and White primarily handling the run and passing game situations, the Patriots have solid depth and a special-teamer for the future in JJ Taylor.

Winner: LB Matthew Judon​

One of the Patriots’ big-money free agent acquisitions in the offseason was all over the field once again. On the opening series, Judon chased down Joe Flacco after a poor snap, knocked the ball loose, and Jalen Mills recovered the fumble which helped set up the Patriots’ opening score. Judon’s motor and energy has shined all tgrough training camp and the first two preseason games. He is quickly showing why he is the X-factor for a Patriots defense that looks to improve mightily in 2021.

Loser: K Quinn Nordin​

There had been nothing but positive things surrounding Quinn Nordin’s training camp unit; Thursday night. The Patriots lone undrafted free agent had been automatic and looked to be gaining ground in the Patriots kicking competition with Nick Folk still out. However, Nordin’s perfect start ended on Thursday night as he missed a 36-yard field goal as well as two extra points. Nordin bounced back hitting a field goal and back-to-back extra points after missing his first three kicks. Bill Belichick talked about consistency being the most important thing at the kicking position last week and with Nordin struggling to find his groove on Thursday night, it looks as if the Quinn Nordin era may have to wait.

Winner: LB Harvey Langi​

After a rough game last week, Langi bounced back and may have had the best game of any Patriots defender on Thursday night. Chipping in with a sack, a tackle for loss, two QB hits and an interception, Langi stood out on defense. Langi is a long shot to make the initial 53-man roster, however, Bill Belichick values depth at the linebacker position and with Langi being a contributor on special teams, he may be able to find his way onto the field in 2021 if guys were to go down over the course of the season. After signing with the Patriots as an undrafted free agent in 2019, having a tough recovery back after a car accident followed by a brief stint with the Jets in 2020, Langi is one of the ‘feel good’ stories of training camp.

Winner: CB Joejuan Williams​

Williams had a big opportunity on Thursday night starting at outside corner across from JC Jackson. With Stephon Gilmore still out and Jalen Mills struggling on the outside, Williams got the chance to shadow 2021 Heisman winner Devonta Smith for most of the first quarter. Smith didn’t register a catch as Williams was consistently in his back pocket in the times he lined up across him. After being buried on the depth chart due to depth at the secondary position his first two years in New England, Joejuan Williams is playing himself into the conversation to being one of the Patriots more versatile defensive backs in 2021. He can contribute on special teams, play safety, lock down tight ends and even got his shot at playing outside corner on Thursday night. At 6’3, 225 lbs , Williams has the size and length to be able to play anywhere in the secondary when given a fair opportunity.

Loser: WR N’Keal Harry​

I don’t mean to kick a man while he’s down, as N’Keal Harry left the stadium in a sling after he hurt his shoulder diving for a Mac Jones deep ball at the end of the first half, but Harry was a non-factor once again. With Devin Asiasi the lone tight end active for the Patriots on Thursday night, many saw it as an opportunity for Harry to thrive given his 6’4 frame and the ability to add some much needed size on the outside. Harry registered just one catch for thirteen yards prior to leaving the game due to injury. On the play he got hurt, Harry beat the cornerback deep on a nicely ran go-route, but struggled to catch the ball in stride for what should have been an easy 50-yard touchdown. Once again, it’s hard to judge him based on one half after leaving due to injury, but as a bubble player with limited targets, Harry wasn’t able to stand out on Thursday night, which makes his status for the team’s initial 53-man roster up in the air.

Winner: Edge Chase Winovich​

Fresh off the PUP list this week, Chase Winovich made his presence felt along the Patriots defensive front. After a rough opening series where he picked up a roughing the passer penalty, Winovich bounced back and finished the game strong finishing with a tackle for loss and two sacks in the win. On play saw him knocked down trying to get to Mullens, getting back up, beating his man, and chasing down the QB for the sack. It was a high-motor play and something that Winovich will need to continue to do in order to earn consistent snaps at a positional group that is loaded with talent.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to the actual game:

ST: D this oddly seems like a weak spot to me, I suspect will get better.

Defense: B- I know you're thinking they pitched a shut out.. Philly played mostly non starters and the Pats rode the starters for a while. Then still seems run stopping is questionable. We have depth at a lot of positions just not sure it's all jelled yet.

QBs and RBs: Were the big highlight all looked good. Michel looked solid and is pass catching. ( So if we place a RB on the practice squad can't another team grab him? How's that work?

WR / TE: Meyer continues to impress IMO looks like our best receiver. Harry should have caught the pass he got injured on. This will be interesting to watch. They look better than last years crew but that could also be because QB play was sharp
Plenty to improve on and we will continue that well into the season.
ST's are being mixed and matched with some good play and some stuff that does not work. This is the time to do that.
Defense looked good but we have a bunch of the guys that will be cut out there. Have to look at each play on it's own merit. Develop playbook too.
RB. we cant cut anybody but Bolden. Can't put anybody on PS unless we pay starter money and have an agreement to stay. Otherwise gone.
WR's I think are going to improve with consistency of reps and playbook. Get rid of vanilla offense in 2 weeks.