• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #2 Patriots vs Philadelphia Eagles.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles played the Steelers last night and were beaten.

Just thought that we might find a few things to discuss since the Pats and Eagles will be practicng against each other for at least two days this week. I heard that the Eagles are traveling to Foxboro for the workouts and will be here Monday and Tuesday, returning to Philly on Wednesday and the Pats will travel to Philly Wednesday and have a walkthrough on Thursday.

Game is Thursday Night 7:30 PM.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones for the win.

I've seen enough of Cam Newton. I'm sure he's a really nice guy but I do not want to ever see him in a Pats uniform again.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones for the win.

I've seen enough of Cam Newton. I'm sure he's a really nice guy but I do not want to ever see him in a Pats uniform again.
You know BB is going to give Cam the start. I grit my teeth when I think about it, but he going to give Cam all of the rope he can and let him hang himself.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know BB is going to give Cam the start. I grit my teeth when I think about it, but he going to give Cam all of the rope he can and let him hang himself.

As the saying goes "in Bill I trust".

BB will make the right decision even if it doesn't seem that way at first. That's my belief even if you think I'm sniffing his jock. Ewwwwww.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones for the win.

I want to see him on the sideline as a backup to Mac.
Maybe go in for a trick play and walk away with a SB Ring.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Mac earn starting QB position.
I don't want to see Cam playing shitty.
I agree, but no one can prevent Cam from playing shitty. Only he can do that and when those critical moments present themselves, Cam has real problems making those 'mental' adjustments.

The best examples of that are the end of the game runs last year. He immediately switches to a 'run first' mentality and just goes. He doesn't analyze anything, he just runs to where he wants to go. He doesn't pick up an open lane or an open outside,. It's as if he has side blinders on and can only see the tunnel directly in front of him. 6 out of 10 times he might succeed, but it's the other four that have cost the team a game.

I want to see Mac so successful that he leaves Bill no other option than to start him.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but no one can prevent Cam from playing shitty. Only he can do that and when those critical moments present themselves, Cam has real problems making those 'mental' adjustments.

The best examples of that are the end of the game runs last year. He immediately switches to a 'run first' mentality and just goes. He doesn't analyze anything, he just runs to where he wants to go. He doesn't pick up an open lane or an open outside,. It's as if he has side blinders on and can only see the tunnel directly in front of him. 6 out of 10 times he might succeed, but it's the other four that have cost the team a game.

I want to see Mac so successful that he leaves Bill no other option than to start him.

100% in complete agreement. Cam just doesn't make good decisions and when he's going to run EVERYBODY knows it. It's painful to watch.

Yes, Mac needs to win the job outright and leave no question.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% in complete agreement. Cam just doesn't make good decisions and when he's going to run EVERYBODY knows it. It's painful to watch.

Yes, Mac needs to win the job outright and leave no question.
I completely agree and often mock the things he does... but damn, I do like the guy... Even though I mocked Cam sprinting to Rhomondre, I appreciated the message he's sending to the team "I may play like crap but I refuse to wallow".

For the record, my mocking of Cam is for entertainment purposes only and I'd be embarrassed if he personally called me out for it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who starts let the battle continue. The offense was very vanilla as much as I like Mac so far the jury is still out on starter. For some reason I am opposed to a rookie starter.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I am opposed to a rookie starter.
I think we were spoiled for about twenty years.

Here's the problem. We know that Cam just is not the same Cam Newton that led the Panthers to the Super Bowl and was the NFL MVP. His skills have eroded and it makes one wonder why he doesn't realize it after continuous failure in Carolina and Foxboro.

I tend to agree about starting a rookie QB, but the success/failure rate is about 50/50. There have been rookies who've come in and stayed and others that have started and literally blown up. I'm at the point where I'd rather see a rookie start (Mac) and show us immediately if he can do the job or not. Having him stand on the sidelines and watch Cam will only delay what we don't know. If he comes in and the pats finish 8=9 and Mac is the reason for four or five losses, then Bill can look for a new QB in free agency next year. Maybe he can resign Brady to a five year contract.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's the problem. We know that Cam just is not the same Cam Newton that led the Panthers to the Super Bowl and was the NFL MVP. His skills have eroded and it makes one wonder why he doesn't realize it after continuous failure in Carolina and Foxboro.

I tend to agree about starting a rookie QB, but the success/failure rate is about 50/50. There have been rookies who've come in and stayed and others that have started and literally blown up. I'm at the point where I'd rather see a rookie start (Mac) and show us immediately if he can do the job or not. Having him stand on the sidelines and watch Cam will only delay what we don't know. If he comes in and the pats finish 8=9 and Mac is the reason for four or five losses, then Bill can look for a new QB in free agency next year. Maybe he can resign Brady to a five year contract.
That is only half true. Half the problem is Cam isn't what he used to be. The other half is he's exactly who he used to be. The difference now is he had the physical ability to compensate for his lack of reaction instincts and now he does not. We're left with a guy who is slow to react, then can't do anything unless there's 30 yards of open field just sitting in front of him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would like to let the rookie continue to practice. Get him in games as you can. Let him win the job.

Until then, Keep going with Cam as sarter unless things go sour. When that happens, this team will fully support the rookie.

Maybe he'll be ready game 1, maybe not!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is only half true. Half the problem is Cam isn't what he used to be. The other half is he's exactly who he used to be. The difference now is he had the physical ability to compensate for his lack of reaction instincts and now he does not. We're left with a guy who is slow to react, then can't do anything unless there's 30 yards of open field just sitting in front of him.
It is also quite possible that the 1st 3 things he thinks of he can't doo anymore.

Think he is telling Josh, "I can't do that?"

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those years people would question Brady's actual abilities versus a guy like Big Ben or Rodgers and most of us would simply say "ya, but Brady has that winner thing about him".

Cam doesn't have that thing.

Hopefully Mac does.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is also quite possible that the 1st 3 things he thinks of he can't doo anymore.

Think he is telling Josh, "I can't do that?"
Nope, instead he's giving him that dumb gesture where he feigns pulling off his shirt reveal the superman attire...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice Report:

According to Mike Giardi from Philadelphia

Patriots practice with the Eagles was not at all good for Cam Newton. "He rode the Struggle Bus and could not get off."

He was horribly inaccurate and late getting off passes. One pass to Asiasi was so bad behind him that Asiasi could not turn around far enough and the pass was picked off clean. Even BB was shaking his head.

That's the lead. I'm sure that more will follow as practice on the field is breaking up.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice Report:

According to Mike Giardi from Philadelphia

Patriots practice with the Eagles was not at all good for Cam Newton. "He rode the Struggle Bus and could not get off."

He was horribly inaccurate and late getting off passes. One pass to Asiasi was so bad behind him that Asiasi could not turn around far enough and the pass was picked off clean. Even BB was shaking his head.

That's the lead. I'm sure that more will follow as practice on the field is breaking up.
Eagles are jumping all over the news bout practice. Mostly cherry-picking.
A picture of Ja Vonta Smith dressed and standing around on sidelines.
A video of a LB being beat by WR on 1 0n 1.
All pictures and videos on successful plays for Eagles.

Sorry, useless info so far!