• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason at Seattle

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't thrilled with the Schofield pick like many and he isn't doing anything to change my opinion. :(

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First half impressions from me seem pretty similar to many of you...Always have to remember that Seattle didn't play all of their starters on defense and of course we didn't play all of our starters on either side of the ball.

Osweiler--Very impressive. Had a couple of underthrows where it looks like he was trying to push the ball a little more than just let it fly. Still made very good decisions that were for the most part right on the money and was getting the ball out quick. Have to add he is playing in a very hostile environment with quite a bit of pressure considering preseason is him auditioning for the Broncos to give him a contract.

OL--I actually liked the run blocking. I love that we are no longer going to do the just run it up the middle every time. I love that we are attacking the edges and man we are getting some big yards in chunks with it. I honestly am not worried about us one bit run blocking wise. Pass Blocking was a bit of mixed bag. They settled down after the first couple of drives but they still had a few miscues and Sambrailo did get abused on a couple of plays. First game though still did pretty well.

Latimer--This kid better get some great opportunities as he looks like a break out player.

Caldwell--Please oh please do not have this kid on our opening day 53. When I went to training camp earlier this week he had a ton of drops and well we see it again tonight where he doesn't fight for the ball and just doesn't do anything that makes you go "this guy is a keeper"

Defense--What can I say but wow! This is what we have been waiting for with this defense. So much talent but just very little to show from it sometimes. They have lived up to the "we are going to attack" and that is exactly what they did. Our pass rush just looks beastly coming from all sides. Shane Ray looks like he could be special with a year under his belt.

And probably shouldn't have saved them for last but special teams...Wow was that about as bad as they could be. Offensively and especially defensively I have loved what I have seen but if our special teams is like that all year then honestly I think that is why we lose in the playoffs unless something drastic changes. I know they have a lot of moving parts right now so will give them the benefit of the doubt that they won't look like that week 1.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McManus hitting some FG's tonight. Still gonna take me awhile to trust him before I believe in him.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you have trust issues...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dysert isn't giving me any reason to think we should even at least entertain the thought of him being on the roster.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dysert isn't giving me any reason to think we should even at least entertain the thought of him being on the roster.

Osweiler has definitely separated himself. I remember Dysert's rookie year there were some calling for him to be the back up behind Manning. Osweiler finally looks like a competent possible starting QB in the near future and Dysert looks like a guy lucky to make the practice squad.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is everybody's guess for Punt/Kick Off returner, Punter, and Kicker?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to type Duffman. He at least looks decisive and has some zip on his pass. I would say practice squad for him like we did with Dysert last year then if Manning retires see what Siemian has as a back up. His play actually looks a bit similar to that of Osweiler.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isiah Burse for both PR and KR, McManus for K and hopefully not Colquitt at P.

There are some big rumors swirling that the Broncos are not happy with McManus or Barth and that our starting kicker come week 1 is not on the roster right now.

Colquitt has actually done pretty decent tonight just our coverage units have been terrible. Even when we have them pinned our guys seem to find a way to miss.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some big rumors swirling that the Broncos are not happy with McManus or Barth and that our starting kicker come week 1 is not on the roster right now.

Colquitt has actually done pretty decent tonight just our coverage units have been terrible. Even when we have them pinned our guys seem to find a way to miss.

McManus has hit from 52 and 44 so it looks like he's more accurate than lat year which was his biggest issue. If he can stay consistent then I think it's his job to lose. Also Colquitt is averaging 35 yards tonight per punt and that just wont cut it. We need that number closer to 40.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McManus has hit from 52 and 44 so it looks like he's more accurate than lat year which was his biggest issue. If he can stay consistent then I think it's his job to lose. Also Colquitt is averaging 35 yards tonight per punt and that just wont cut it. We need that number closer to 40.

Oh wow didn't realize his numbers were that bad. I thought he was doing a bit better than that. You are right that is unacceptable. I just wonder what happened to the kid as back in 2011 the man was definitely a top-5 punter in the NFL. He got his contract and just like he stopped trying.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 straight sacks to end the game, that summarizes our entire defense tonight really well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 straight sacks to end the game, that summarizes our entire defense tonight really well.

Definitely have to love that! When they said they are going to be aggressive they were not lying. A lot of it came though with only bringing 4 but what I loved is I saw some stunts going on. We saw pretty much 0 of that last year and it couldn't have frustrated me more. I also loved that we had pressure coming up the middle. In the past we have had the outside guys but QB's just learned to step up in the pocket. This year looks like that pocket has gotten just a bit tighter for those QB's. Also loved that they said they were going to work on forcing turnovers and well that is exactly what we did. Everything the coaches preached that this defense will be showed up in this game. Throw in from what I could tell Seattle pretty much had most their starting 11 on offense. Maybe Baldwin and I know Lynch wasn't in but we were missing Harris, Trevathan, Marshall, and Ware yet our defense just dominated that offense. I know it is preseason but this game definitely left me feeling much better about our defense.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely have to love that! When they said they are going to be aggressive they were not lying. A lot of it came though with only bringing 4 but what I loved is I saw some stunts going on. We saw pretty much 0 of that last year and it couldn't have frustrated me more. I also loved that we had pressure coming up the middle. In the past we have had the outside guys but QB's just learned to step up in the pocket. This year looks like that pocket has gotten just a bit tighter for those QB's. Also loved that they said they were going to work on forcing turnovers and well that is exactly what we did. Everything the coaches preached that this defense will be showed up in this game. Throw in from what I could tell Seattle pretty much had most their starting 11 on offense. Maybe Baldwin and I know Lynch wasn't in but we were missing Harris, Trevathan, Marshall, and Ware yet our defense just dominated that offense. I know it is preseason but this game definitely left me feeling much better about our defense.

We finished the game with 7 sacks and 2 FF on defense which is great to see.

On the other side the starting O-line that we were all worried about only gave up 1 sack so they definitely impressed me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We finished the game with 7 sacks and 2 FF on defense which is great to see.

On the other side the starting O-line that we were all worried about only gave up 1 sack so they definitely impressed me.

Yeah it seemed once the starting O-Line calmed down they really looked like a decent OL. Especially when you consider the pass rush that Seattle has. I know they didn't have all their starters but I really did like the look of the 1st team Offense even without Manning at the helm. They ran the ball well. It definitely made me have a flash back to our old days of running with the stretch zone cut back plays. It has been too long since I have seen us run outside with such authority! We didn't quite finish the drives like I would have liked but we also were missing some of our best touchdown weapons with CJ sitting, DT and Sanders out, and even Daniels on the bench it looked like. That is a lot of offensive fire power gone.

Anyway for a 1st preseason game I liked what I saw from our team. Lots to work on for sure but definitely a good starting point for the team to keep building on.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad to be back with the same name but better up beat attitude. I know it's only preseason but how can't you be impressed overall with the Broncos defense? Very aggressive style and there was pressure on Seattle QB's all game. Shane Ray, Malik Jackson, Kenny Anunike all had solid games with pressure and getting in the backfield of the Seahawks. I'm starting to like the Denver Broncos depth at LB with guys like Davis and Barrow and if Trevathon stays healthy with Ray, Miller, and Ware watch out. As for the QB situation Brock Osweiler had his best game as a Denver Bronco in my opinion even though it was preseason. Everyone knows he has the size, arm strength and decent mobility for his size but his decision making was quick and for the most part accurate. A few throws could have been better but I like what I see. Hopefully C.J. Anderson is alright and Ball looks like he is in the best shape of his early career even back to his days at Wisconsin when I saw him play every weekend. Looks like he has a little burst to him and this zone blocking scheme is maybe what he needs to get going. Hillman as well looked very good and is a threat out of the backfield the Broncos will need in the passing game. Virgel Green looks more the capable of picking up the passing game and ran some nice routes. For the special teams the kick coverage has to get better but it's only one game and expect improvement. McManus looked solid and hopefully can keep his confidence because I do like his big leg. I don't know what has happened to Colquitt but the Broncos may have to look elsewhere for a punter if he doesn't improve. I know he got paid a few years back but 35 yards per punt tonight I believe won't cut it. Overall very impressed with a solid for a first preseason game. Once again I'm glad to be back. Made some changes in my life and it's all due to my great son who is about to turn 17. He also is a huge Broncos fan and watched the game with me and we are pumped for the NFL season to start overall. Go Broncos!!!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to give some stats on the kicking competition. McManus went 3-3 with 52 yards being his longest of the night. Also on his kick offs Seattle started at the 13, 19, 36, 5, and 20. Obviously Barth's were not quite as good. If McManus can continue like he is then he definitely has the job. The kid has the skills to be a great NFL Kicker but needs to trust his leg to do what he definitely can do.