• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason at Seattle

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be, but my wife won't let me. Now hear me out! She has a point: when the regular season kicks off our social calendar literally revolves around the Broncos and to a lesser extent, nfl football. She can't make a social commitment without clearing it with me and I can't commit until I've de-conflicted with the Broncos schedule or any potential games I want to see. Further, I all but monopolize tv time with football once the regular season begins. With all this said, my wife is well within her rights (being very accommodating during the regular season) to say "hell no!" to me watching a preseason game that doesn't include the Broncos!

Haha oh I understand. The only reason I am watching it is I am working on some things in the office and have it on while I do some work. If I was home this would definitely not be on tv. I remember before I got married I used to have football on Monday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. I loved watching college football to get a better idea come draft time. When we got married my wife pretty much put the kabosh on that continuing. She has come to understand that when the Broncos are on I will be watching. Beyond that though it is still a struggle for her for me to watch the other games instead of hang out with her. I keep telling her she just needs to come to the good side and become a big football fan so that we can enjoy this together. So far that is a no go. I'm hoping with my daughter that I can turn her into a big football nut and so every Sunday for sure that is what we do together during the season is watch football from noon till the final game of Sunday.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ my wife is a pretty big fan in her own right, but compared to me she's moderate. So at least she gets it, right?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a co-worker asking what I did with my weekend. (This was a few years ago.) I thought about it and responded with the truth, I had watched about 21 hours of football that weekend between college and NFL. Those days might be done and I have largely missed college football while doing my Masters. Hopefully, I can get back to it now that I am all graduated.

As for the chiefs game, I just checked the stat box. Alex Smith seems to be having a rough night.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a co-worker asking what I did with my weekend. (This was a few years ago.) I thought about it and responded with the truth, I had watched about 21 hours of football that weekend between college and NFL. Those days might be done and I have largely missed college football while doing my Masters. Hopefully, I can get back to it now that I am all graduated.

As for the chiefs game, I just checked the stat box. Alex Smith seems to be having a rough night.

Congrats on graduating! What is next for you now that you have your Masters? Yeah I had to miss quite a few games this past year because I was doing my EMT training. Our teacher decided to condense a 7 month program into 3 months since my wife was pregnant and we had to get the class done before she had our baby. So any free time we had was spent studying or having us sitting through a 4-hour class. So glad to have all that done.

As for the Chiefs game I have been pausing it trying to get some work done so I am not to the Live part of the game yet but the Chiefs are definitely struggling. The 1st units especially with Palmer in gave up some huge plays and Smith just couldn't quite connect. He did try a deep ball though to Maclin. It was incomplete but he did actually try it. Might have to respect the deep ball just a bit more this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just watched the first half of the game again this time making sure to focus on our left side of the OL above everything else...

Garcia--This guy is looking like a ridiculous steal in the draft. In pass protection he did great at picking up the stunts and everything thrown at him. Beyond that I saw him do the exact thing you want to see in the ZBS in do the combo block to start then shed off to the second level to open up a big hole. I have no worries about this kid starting.

Paradis--Took a couple of bad angles on blocks but otherwise did very well. He stayed low, stayed engaged, and moved his feet very well. Also from the sound of it did a very good job of communicating even in a hostile environment with those around them.

Sambrailo--Now I am no OL expert so if anybody has more they can add go ahead but this is what I noticed. Early in the game when he was struggling the most his go to move was to try and get the big punch to throw the DL player off balance. This move probably worked well in college against lesser competition but in the NFL DL guys just love it when the OL guy doesn't try to engage them. Sambrailo looked like he was leaning trying to get that punch and just got thrown to the side a couple of times because of it. I don't know if he got some coaching or what but after the first couple of drives he stopped trying to do this and did much better at engaging the DL player. Once he settled in I thought he did very well. He still looks like a rookie but one that I think with some help could do pretty well for us.

Also loved some of the holes we had for the RB's in this game. Been a while since I have seen holes like that.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was out of town. Von is going to destroy the sack record this year. How did Ray look? Brock put some good stuff on film for Broncos but also for Brock himself to show other teams. Big preseason for Brock this year.

I hear the toss sweep is back. Maybe Hillman finally gets it this year,

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was out of town. Von is going to destroy the sack record this year. How did Ray look? Brock put some good stuff on film for Broncos but also for Brock himself to show other teams. Big preseason for Brock this year.

I hear the toss sweep is back. Maybe Hillman finally gets it this year,

Ray looked good. He didn't show up in the stat line as much as what he actually impacted the game. He was getting pressure pretty consistently and had a great first step. Still needs some better counter moves when he gets stuck and can't make the edge but that should come with time.

Von definitely is geared up to have a huge year! Please stay healthy Von! I think he is in the perfect defense and is finally got the experience plus the health to really break loose. I think his ACL last year did slow him down a bit. he still had a great year but they have said he is as explosive as ever and no one has been able to stop him in camp. He made the Seattle guy Britt just look silly.

As for Hillman I definitely do see this being his chance to really shine. Running Hillman up the middle every time like last was just ridiculous. He did have some success but this system looks much better for him to put his foot in the ground and just fly. I still hate the way he carries the football though. I don't know how many times I saw him when he got into traffic carrying the ball with still just one arm instead of putting two on the ball.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many days of camp did you see this year, Chris? I haven't gone at all. I fear I will miss the shade of the trees.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many days of camp did you see this year, Chris? I haven't gone at all. I fear I will miss the shade of the trees.
One day last Sunday. All the starters sat out. Not much to see or report that day

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray looked good. He didn't show up in the stat line as much as what he actually impacted the game. He was getting pressure pretty consistently and had a great first step. Still needs some better counter moves when he gets stuck and can't make the edge but that should come with time.

Von definitely is geared up to have a huge year! Please stay healthy Von! I think he is in the perfect defense and is finally got the experience plus the health to really break loose. I think his ACL last year did slow him down a bit. he still had a great year but they have said he is as explosive as ever and no one has been able to stop him in camp. He made the Seattle guy Britt just look silly.

As for Hillman I definitely do see this being his chance to really shine. Running Hillman up the middle every time like last was just ridiculous. He did have some success but this system looks much better for him to put his foot in the ground and just fly. I still hate the way he carries the football though. I don't know how many times I saw him when he got into traffic carrying the ball with still just one arm instead of putting two on the ball.

Not to mention Von had a huge weight lifted now that he is out of the drug program. Wish Elway took the same tact with Prater. Our kickoffs are horrible.What a waste if we have to keep 3 kickers. Barth can't kick off. McManus may not be reliable enough for a team looking to win the Super Bowl.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could of missed a few but thought all kickoffs made end zone in Seattle.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may have made the EZ, but if I remember they didn't have much hang time at all which gives the returner time to bring it out.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on graduating! What is next for you now that you have your Masters? Yeah I had to miss quite a few games this past year because I was doing my EMT training. Our teacher decided to condense a 7 month program into 3 months since my wife was pregnant and we had to get the class done before she had our baby. So any free time we had was spent studying or having us sitting through a 4-hour class. So glad to have all that done.

Well, the Masters was mostly for my own reasons but I was able to use it to get onto a different program at work and I enjoy the work there a lot more than I have on the last two programs.

EMT, pastor, family man...how do you find the time to post all the good information and thoughts you come across?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may have made the EZ, but if I remember they didn't have much hang time at all which gives the returner time to bring it out.
Good pt and if I remember right, you didnt see a Bronco in the picture till the returner was past the 15 yd line. Still think it`s going to be hard to improve on either guy heading into season with the options out there right now. At least in Denver, they have shot a kicking out of the end zone with those kicks. Maybe they would be better off getting a guy that can kick it to the 20 with serious hang time.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I know when McManus kicked they had good hangtime and were about 5 yards deep in the endzne, it was the times Barth kicked off that they were short line drives. It looks like McManus spent a lot of tiume working on his accuracy because his 52 and 44 yarders were right on the money.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our lack of foresight in the st area is very irritating; but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt right now, since the oline looks light years better than I ever thought possible.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Masters was mostly for my own reasons but I was able to use it to get onto a different program at work and I enjoy the work there a lot more than I have on the last two programs.

EMT, pastor, family man...how do you find the time to post all the good information and thoughts you come across?

Well this is where my lack of needing sleep definitely comes in hand. 3-4 hours a night is about all I need so gives me some free time while the rest of the family sleeps to just catch up on Bronco information.